• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Does anyone know where I can order the Call of Duty Xbox One controller for MSRP? I know it's limited and likely unavailable at that price here in Canada, but figured it'd be worth a shot.

I don't trust ordering from Japan or anything.

kitzkozan

Alright. Mad Catz order cancelled. Come on down NCIX!

Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 $ 213.34
nGear CD Paper Sleeve - Pack 100 $ 1.99
SUBTOTAL: $ 215.33
No PST - Outside BC residents: $ 0.00
HST (13%): $ 27.99
Free Shipping
YOUR TOTAL:
All quoted prices are in CANADIAN DOLLARS $ 243.32

Hmm, I also ordered a TE2 FightStick since I wanted one for a while anyway. I still have a couple of FG on my PS3 (P4AU, Skullgirls, Darkstalker resurrection, etc) and I'll be future proof for the next 4-5 years since I have GG Xrd and anticipate SFV.

I added the nGear CD paper sleeve and a 10ft ethernet cable for which I got a surprise discount. :p Order total is $231.34 which is about the same that I paid for my last stick back in 2009 (not bad at all given how weak the CAD is right now).

Hmm, I also ordered a TE2 FightStick since I wanted one for a while anyway. I still have a couple of FG on my PS3 (P4AU, Skullgirls, Darkstalker resurrection, etc) and I'll be future proof for the next 4-5 years since I have GG Xrd and anticipate SFV.

I added the nGear CD paper sleeve and a 10ft ethernet cable for which I got a surprise discount. :p Order total is $231.34 which is about the same that I paid for my last stick back in 2009 (not bad at all given how weak the CAD is right now).

Wait...what discount did you get? You got more stuff and it came in cheaper then what I paid.

Firestorm

Yeah, I was there. it was really good, though made me realize how little pokemon music I actually knew. I much preferred the Zelda show, but that's just my own personal preference.
Yeah. I didn't go again in Vancouver as I had gone during the World Championships in DC last year mostly because I don't know nearly as much music from the later generations. I wish they'd maybe done a few more of the tunes from the first game near the end (Lavendar Town and Surf & Bike theme plz).

soultron

Banned
The WiiU Basic refurb I got from The Source doesn't work properly. :( Thank god gabbo didn't end up buying it from me.

The gamepad, even on a full charge, can't stay connected to the console. It keeps asking me to be closer to the console, even though I'm using it on my PC desk. It's sitting next to my monitor! I tried everything: pointing the IR port on the gamepad at the sensor bar on top of my monitor, and even making sure the face of the console was aimed towards me. Nothing worked.

Emailed support, hoping for a full refund. I don't want to lug this thing to the Eaton Centre on the TTC unless I know I'm getting a full refund, in-store.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: The deals are just not ready

OT title brought to you by the Conservative party of Canada

StevieP

Banned
The WiiU Basic refurb I got from The Source doesn't work properly. :( Thank god gabbo didn't end up buying it from me.

The gamepad, even on a full charge, can't stay connected to the console. It keeps asking me to be closer to the console, even though I'm using it on my PC desk. It's sitting next to my monitor! I tried everything: pointing the IR port on the gamepad at the sensor bar on top of my monitor, and even making sure the face of the console was aimed towards me. Nothing worked.

Emailed support, hoping for a full refund. I don't want to lug this thing to the Eaton Centre on the TTC unless I know I'm getting a full refund, in-store.

For shits and giggles, try unplugging your wireless router and any cordless devices (like phones) and see if that allows the connection to function as normal.

espher

Amazon.ca cancelled my PSTV bundle order saying they couldn't get stock. When I ordered it, it was in stock. When I got my e-mail, it was back ordered, but I got an estimated delivery date not long after so I didn't go buy it locally in-store.

Suffice it to say I was salty but it turns out Walmart also had it on sale and there happened to be two at my local store. So, crisis averted, and sodium levels reduced, but still salty at Amazon after all the BS of my last three orders with them. :/

I really wish we had another good major online retailer as (oddly) Walmart is the only big box-style online vendor I've had zero issues with... but their selection is a bit garbage. :/

soultron

Banned
For shits and giggles, try unplugging your wireless router and any cordless devices (like phones) and see if that allows the connection to function as normal.

My PC uses a wireless networking card, my GF's macbook uses wifi, our phones use wifi, and my PS4 uses wifi (but it's not on), and we also have nextdoor neighbours who share our (landlord's) wifi.

If the WiiU cannot operate properly in these conditions, my primary use case, it won't fly at all in my place. I'm not going to start turning things off or asking my GF not to use the wifi.

I understand that it could be interference, but I'm willing to bet more on the chance that the unit I got is just busted and their QA process during the refurb certification is just bad enough so as not to test the thing's functionality before boxing it up for resale.

I'm going to try and get a new WiiU, in short.

farisr

Has Amazon Canada said anything about the Street Fighter V beta codes?

Amazon themselves? I don't think so. But pretty much everyone online said they didn't receive it and had to contact support. I did the same. Chat gave me a code within seconds.

So I emailed the Score app people and they ended push notification support on the BlackBerry app, presumably Sportsnet did too since it's the same basic app (not sure why TSN did it.)

Lazy devs, etc. But the good news is I'm not crazy, the app no longer has that basic function.

Oh, didn't know it was a blackberry

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Captain Falcon is up on Amazon.

6YTPBAd.jpg

Tread lightly.

And join us in the Canadian Amiibo thread.

kinger

So I emailed the Score app people and they ended push notification support on the BlackBerry app, presumably Sportsnet did too since it's the same basic app (not sure why TSN did it.)

Lazy devs, etc. But the good news is I'm not crazy, the app no longer has that basic function.

Why do developers hate blackberry? :(

Top Bottom