• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

zroid

Banned
made another candy run at shoppers :lol

they keep sending me these 3000 pts / $10 coupons!

i haven't had Life Savers in aaaaaaaaaaages

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They ask for ID and SIN number to sign up?

No thanks, not comfortable giving out that kind of information online.
That's insane. Why would anyone give that kind of info away for cash is beyond me.

kaiyo

It's a bank guys, every bank needs your SIN.

The founder is the same one as ING Direct, which was sold to Scotiabank, now known as Tangerine. If you guys want to sign up for Tangerine pm me too, $50 bonus for both of us =D.

Quick

Banned
I just ordered a pair of Levi's 511 jeans from Amazon.ca at $60. I think it's priced either exactly or similarly to the Levi's Outlet Store. Otherwise, it's $80.

Amazon.ca's selection of clothing is still pretty shitty, but their selection of Levi's isn't bad at all.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any deals or ways to get Ps Plus cheap? I actually need to resub, almost 3 months without it lol.

Them not jacking the price for Canadians is the deal. Buy it and play Rocket League with us <3

I wish the DS4 was at that price :(

Me too

I really wanted the red one, and worried that in the future my black one (early run) would maybe suffer from torn rubber on its joysticks, so I sold that and bought the red one yesterday.

It was maybe a waste of money, but I like having the red one because I've wanted it for a while, and selling the controller plus a figure I was given made it so that I only paid less than $5 out of pocket.

Yasumi

Banned
YMMV?

Found Atelier Shallie for $39.99 at EB Games. Every other location had it for $64.99, and when I went to pay, they tried to charge me $73 before I pointed out the sticker. Might've been a mislabel.

W6ww57h.jpg

YMMV?

Found Atelier Shallie for $39.99 at EB Games. Every other location had it for $64.99, and when I went to pay, they tried to charge me $73 before I pointed out the sticker. Might've been a mislabel.

I bought Rorona Plus sealed for $20 a couple months ago at the EB at King and Bay in Toronto. It was one of their "surplus copies from the US" so they charge them as used yet they stay sealed, what is this, Yoshi's topsy-turvy town? XD

kaiyo

YMMV?

Did you SCOP?

Edit:
Yeah...giving your SIN number out in effort to make like $60 seems nuts to me.

It's actually $85.

$10 - by using a referral link (pm me ;D)
250 USD -> ~325 CAD = $75

so a total of ~$85. They had this promo before (on Canada day) so it is highly likely they will do it again in the future.

Yasumi

Banned
I bought Rorona Plus sealed for $20 a couple months ago at the EB at King and Bay in Toronto. It was one of their "surplus copies from the US" so they charge them as used yet they stay sealed, what is this, Yoshi's topsy-turvy town? XD

Rorona Plus was already a budget release, I doubt Shallie will be dropping that low anytime soon. Even used is $59.99 right now.

Did you SCOP?
Huh, didn't know that was a thing. WELP.

daevv

Going to the USA tomorrow for a trip and bought some American cash today. Every $100 American came to $133 Canadian. Last year for the same trip it was almost even.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Move along, nothing to see here.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Pricing errors. Our only hope.

explodet

well, I doubt Ebgames partakes in that practice though. Like they don't price match.
Plus if an item has a price tag it doesn't qualify, only signs, apparently?

What about items that ring in incorrectly that have price tags on them or ticketed for quick sale (ex. 50% off)?

The Scanning Code of Practice does not apply when items have price tickets on them. It only applies for displayed signs in stores.

Since EB doesn't guarantee prices when you pre-order things, I think Amazon is likely the best bet for purchasing the 20th Anniversary DS4. Agreed? They offer price protection, right?

One analyst warned that the CAD could go as low as 56c USD.

Returners

Since EB doesn't guarantee prices when you pre-order things, I think Amazon is likely the best bet for purchasing the 20th Anniversary DS4. Agreed? They offer price protection, right?

Bestbuy has that too. But that also means that when prices go lower they don't readjust for the lowest value.

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Higher than the 49th Parallel, Higher Prices

I want to say Higher Parallels, Higher Prices, but I doubt anyone would get it.

It's a bank guys, every bank needs your SIN.

The founder is the same one as ING Direct, which was sold to Scotiabank, now known as Tangerine. If you guys want to sign up for Tangerine pm me too, $50 bonus for both of us =D.

I made a decent stack off this.

wish I could make bit more, maybe buy a wii u.

I have a question regarding an Amazon Prime trial. If I begin a trial today, could I save shipping charges on games I preordered during the 30% E3 promotion? The games have their release dates spread across several months, so I'm not sure if that free 2-day shipping thing for Prime members is applicable. Thanks, in advance!

Bumpin' for an answer :D

I have a question regarding an Amazon Prime trial. If I begin a trial today, could I save shipping charges on games I preordered during the 30% E3 promotion? The games have their release dates spread across several months, so I'm not sure if that free 2-day shipping thing for Prime members is applicable. Thanks, in advance!

You will need to ask CRS to manually change shipping speed.

Maximus.

I just want to say that Amazon customer service is awesome. I have never had issues with them. I hope that people do not abuse their helpfulness like other retailers to the point they become draconian on their policies.

terrible

Banned

That'd be brutal. $99.99 games?

I'm so glad I pre-ordered every game I had even a tiny bit of interest in this time around. It's taking games 6+ months in a lot of cases to hit the prices I'm already locked in at, and even then they're usually temporary sales I end up missing out on.

SickBoy

You will need to ask CRS to manually change shipping speed.

It seems to me like modifying shipping speed is something you can do from your order screen, I think the bigger question is whether applying it during a Prime trial will actually "hold" after that trial is expired.

I would guess no, but WTH do I know?

Oh, hold on a sec. Doesn't look like the Prime-style 2-day shipping is a selectable option... and I'm not bold enough to tinker with my order and select "express"... so I guess step one would be to have a CSR change it. But even then I think you're not likely to see the free shipping "stick."

poodpick

It seems to me like modifying shipping speed is something you can do from your order screen, I think the bigger question is whether applying it during a Prime trial will actually "hold" after that trial is expired.

Oh, hold on a sec. Doesn't look like the Prime-style 2-day shipping is a selectable option... and I'm not bold enough to tinker with my order and select "express"... so I guess step one would be to have a CSR change it. But even then I think you're not likely to see the free shipping "stick."

Not sure about getting a CSR to change the speed, but I have prime shipping still active on E3 orders from last year and I currently don't have a prime subscription. I got Bloodborne on release day with "2 day shipping".

If you try to upgrade shipping to 2-day for orders you placed before subscribing to Prime, you will get charged for it. That's why you need to have a CSR manually change the shipping speed. You will still keep your shipping speed after Prime expires.

kaiyo

The shipping sticks even after your prime/trial expires.

I thought Amazon credited you if the price went lower? It said so in the bullet points.

Maybe just Best Buy doesn't. I never order online.

If amazon reduces the price between you preordering and the end of the day your product ships, you will pay the lowest price (even when it's on discount/promo). If the product already shipped (payment sent) you get credited back.

I believe Bestbuy is just the price at the time of shipment. Don't think they will reduce the price if they had a promo in-between. And of course they have price protect for 30 days.

Top Bottom