• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Dazzler

Scooped up the double pack of memory foam pillows for 30 bucks and Klipsch in-ear earbuds for $45 off FS

good start to my Boxing Day shopping!

isny

napkin dispenser
NEW DEAL
VideoGamesPlus has their Boxing Week sale up. Some interesting items, most notably (for me anyways) physical copies of DJMAX Technika Tune for $39.99, which is kind of nuts considering it NEVER goes on sale. Chrono Trigger DS for $19.99 as well. A bevy of Atlus, NISA and XSEED titles are on sale too, if you're looking for something that FS/BB and EBGames aren't likely to put on sale.

zroid

Banned
yawn... with the cineplex store deals being crap this year, it will be the first time in a while I buy nothing on BD

oh well enjoy your deals everyone

Returners

Oh wow, $89.99 for a 3DS XL. They're really clearing them out eh? Guess this bodes well for us getting the new ones soonish.

edit: just noticed the DS Lites for $30 at EB...so tempted...would love one to play GBA games on...

They're still showing up as 49.99 on the site. And of course I checked out without looking....

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I never noticed that by 8pm the websites meant EST. Lovely, so long for FFX on Vita. :(

NEW DEAL
DJMAX Technika Tune for $39.99, which is kind of nuts considering it NEVER goes on sale.
Not only that but it was delisted from the JP PSN, who knows if the same will happen here. Every Vita owner must own this game, my absolute favorite on the system.

Lexxism

I never noticed that by 8pm the websites meant EST. Lovely, so long for FFX on Vita. :(

Not only that but it was delisted from the JP PSN, who knows if the same will happen here. Every Vita owner must own this game, my absolute favorite on the system.

Still available at EB games

kasane

NEW DEAL
VideoGamesPlus has their Boxing Week sale up. Some interesting items, most notably (for me anyways) physical copies of DJMAX Technika Tune for $39.99, which is kind of nuts considering it NEVER goes on sale. Chrono Trigger DS for $19.99 as well. A bevy of Atlus, NISA and XSEED titles are on sale too, if you're looking for something that FS/BB and EBGames aren't likely to put on sale.

Wait isn't the regular price 39.99? im confused

also will snag that chrono trigger. I actually bough my 3ds for ds games

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
yawn... with the cineplex store deals being crap this year, it will be the first time in a while I buy nothing on BD

oh well enjoy your deals everyone

Same. 50% off + free movie ticket was godlike.

Meh disappointing. Got nothing to purchase for Boxing Day Deals

Sealtest

I remember seeing awhile back play-asia now charges for items even before they ship is this true? Thinking of finally making my digimon cyber sleuth preorder.

I'll ask here.

I have a $5 XBL code from the GameStop thing from months ago, but sadly the code won't work with my Canadian account.

Would someone who bought one of those $45 for $50 XBL cash packs have an unused $5 code from that? I'll trade you for it. :)

Luigi87

NEW DEAL
Grabbed Chrono Trigger. Thanks!

zroid

Banned
I almost pulled the trigger on the Mega Man X Collection...so tempted...but man am I poor and man do I have an infinite backlog already, lol

I almost did and then I remembered my PS3 isn't BC anymore (RIP)

I do have a PS2 but I lost my memory card, lol

Ventara

No, it's one of the few that was $50. Probably because of the licensing costs of the music. It's kinda niche and rare, so has maintained it's price. If you're remotely interested, I highly recommend you pick it up because the price will only go up once retailers sell out.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Will BB/FS have any more new sales, or are all the sales up already? I have some gift cards and I was hoping that Smash for 3DS or Alpha Sapphire would be a bit cheaper, even if it's just 5 bucks off. :(

The regular price for Technika Tune is $49.99. That's not a Canada tax, either; the game just costs that much. The theory goes that it's the Kara licensing that jacked up the price, which also happens to be the theory for why it got pulled off the Japanese PSN (the licensing may have expired). The Kara songs are pretty sweet to have, so I think it's worth the price, but YMMV.

I'm tempted to buy an Xbox One controller while they're cheap, but am still hesitant because so many are disconnecting randomly. It's likely a system issue that needs to be updated, though.

kasane

No, it's one of the few that was $50. Probably because of the licensing costs of the music. It's kinda niche and rare, so has maintained it's price. If you're remotely interested, I highly recommend you pick it up because the price will only go up once retailers sell out.

i used to play it at the arcades but i was on the fence about the vita version

im buying it

i-Jest

NEW DEAL

The regular price for Technika Tune is $49.99. That's not a Canada tax, either; the game just costs that much. The theory goes that it's the Kara licensing that jacked up the price, which also happens to be the theory for why it got pulled off the Japanese PSN (the licensing may have expired). The Kara songs are pretty sweet to have, so I think it's worth the price, but YMMV.

I've been passively wanting this game for a while now. Might just hop on this. Did the PSN version ever go on sale? I take it that same version will be delist sometime in the near future?

I hope to grab me Halo Anniversary on 360 for $10. I don't have my OG Xbox copy anymore, but seemingly it's mostly faithful. Isn't it just the multiplayer that's been criticized as being changed? Also doesn't it have the option to make the graphics like the original version?

khaaan

Dang it, I thought Evil Within was going to be $25 on PS4 as well. It's $25 for PS3/360 only and $35 for all other versions. Lame.

Top Bottom