• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

MercuryLS

Banned
Got Metro for PS4 @ $20+$2 shipping on Amazon.ca. Looks like an interesting game and that price was right.

Any other good PS4 related deals online?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Celine's just terrible, sorry, and the movie is such a chick flick too.

Trying to sell you the movie didn't seem to work with the "must support Canadian artists" mantra lmao :p

Chick flick eh I saw it at the movie theater when I was six with my grandmother at the time who recently passed away, so it's a pleasant film to visit memory lane for me.

espher

Standalone PSTV doesn't come with a memory card of any size, right?

I've already got four DS3s (and it looks like the bundle is sold out anyway). I see the 8 GB card is cheap on Amazon.ca so I might buy the standalone PSTV, and get the 8 GB card + P4G from Amazon.

ohlawd

went and got SMT: Strange Journey and Chrono Trigger. VGP isn't shipping shit until the 29th though :( Excited to finally beat these games. Stopped in the middle of both of them.

am I dumb for waiting until Friday to get Metro Redux in store? It gives me a good excuse to hold on to my gift cards if I miss out >_>

Boxing Day sales have looked below mediocre. But I might just see what Blu-ray movie collections are out on sale.

Noticed that amazon.ca had the Dark Knight Trilogy set for $29.99, the deal is most likely over by now.

Titanic for $4.99 or whatever seems ok, but nothing shocking low I guess for older film.

Anyone notice other movies, I saw Skyfall for $5 I think, but grab that. But other than that. Can't see to find anything worth getting.

BTails

Grabbed Metro Redux and Sunset Overdrive from Amazon, though it probably won't ship for a couple weeks. My wife's pleased that we don't have to go to Walmart on Boxing Day now, haha.

Standalone PSTV doesn't come with a memory card of any size, right?

I've already got four DS3s (and it looks like the bundle is sold out anyway). I see the 8 GB card is cheap on Amazon.ca so I might buy the standalone PSTV, and get the 8 GB card + P4G from Amazon.
Yes. No memory cards.

As long as you don't expect to go beyond 2 games and know that your game is compatible, then sure, go ahead.

espher

Yes. No memory cards.

As long as you don't expect to go beyond 2 games and know that your game is compatible, then sure, go ahead.

I'm only looking for a couple of titles and I go physical whenever possible, so it would mostly be for PS1 Classics. Thanks. I'm still back and forth because I don't know when I'll actually /use/ it, but the deal is good...

big_z

Yea a PS+ deal is the only thing I want, maybe a real good deal on Far Cry 4 too.

ya same. my ps+ expired two weeks ago so I need a deal to pop up.
would like to see bayonetta 2 on sale as well. my fingers are cross target does the surprise games are $15-25 thing again on boxing day.

Does anyone know if EB Games next-gen trade in promotion (where they give you $250 towards a next gen system) count towards a Wii U?

Specifically, I want to get rid of my Xbox One for a Wii U, but would rather get $250 towards it, rather than the regular $180 the Xbox current trades in it.

The fine print says only Xbox and Ps4 can be traded in, but it doesn't say you can't buy a Wii U. Anyone have any insight on this?

Burgers

Neo Member
What are the chances of a Wii U pro controller going on sale? I've been keeping an eye out but I haven't seen anything as of yet. I was hoping to use it as a side project and create some linux drivers for it.

Slime

Banned
Hrmm, I wonder if there are going to be any Plus deals this year. I feel like I'd already heard about them this time last year.

zroid

Banned
What are the chances of a Wii U pro controller going on sale? I've been keeping an eye out but I haven't seen anything as of yet. I was hoping to use it as a side project and create some linux drivers for it.

they almost never go on sale...

try Shoppers maybe? if you can get a senior to help out then 20% off, or alternatively go during a 20x event or something.

Burgers

Neo Member
they almost never go on sale...

try Shoppers maybe? if you can get a senior to help out then 20% off, or alternatively go during a 20x event or something.

Boxing Day is 20x

Well that is a shame. I figured this was the case but I had to ask. If boxing day is a 20x event I'll probably take advantage of it but a price drop would have been great. Thanks you two.

isny

napkin dispenser
Is it just me or I can't cancell my boxing day Futureshop order?

Their order system on BD usually takes awhile for the order to fully be registered in their systems. Although, they also may be in the process of shipping the order. I've had stuff ordered on the 24th and arrived on the 26th or 27th or whenever the next mail day has been, they ship it out overnight on the 24th somehow.

ohlawd

Yeah, I have no cancel either.

I thought it may have been due to the fact that I used Paypal this time which I have never tried before.

oh yeah dude The Crew is 40 bucks on VGP. dunno if the shipping will be 3 or 5 bucks tho. won't ship until the 29th btw.

Maximus.

Meh only bought 2 movies this Boxing Day. Bought everything else I really wanted during Black Friday. The movie deals in general this year really suck.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
New Deal

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Vita $14.99 Link

In case anyone missed it at FS/BB.

kevin-durant-you-da-the-real-mvp.jpg

No but seriously, thanks. Once again, merry Christmas cheap Canada GAF!

Madness

And bought Titanic Blu-Ray 4.47$ - must own :)

Amazon.ca

That's a great price. I bought the 3D version from Amazon US last year I think. I'd buy more from Amazon Canada but I hate having bilingual covers on the movies and games. Sometimes they completely ruin collectors edition and special edition movies by putting French on.

I remember my cousin bought like Oceans 12 and Ocean's 13 on blu ray and those names are what the movies are. The bilingualism turned Oceans 12 to like La Retour de Danny Ocean and Oceans 13 became Danny Ocean 13 which makes no sense. That's just me though. Even games have it with Day One becoming Jour Un on covers.

Ryne

Drakengard 3 is 14.99 on EB's website. Tried to buy it, got an error and it still charged me. Lets see if I actually get it since it is a gift for a friend.

Top Bottom