• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Can anyone confirm if Halo Anniversary is eligable in the Half/$10 off deal at Futureshop and Best Buy?

The deal shows WB Games and it says "select". It would save me the trip if it's excluded. I really do want it for $10.

Ledhead

Picked up some books from chapters, a razer deathadder, and a steelseries mousepad. I think that will be all I purchase this week, I have enough games as is.

Anth0ny

Anyone here like Batman and Digital UV?

Got a code here for the Complete Batman Tv series from the 60s. I don't intend on using it, so maybe someone else wants it? It only works in Canada hence I post it here.

If more than one person is interested I'll turn it into a giveaway. You'll get the code later today, since I'll wait and see if there's more interested people.

I'm interested!

Got a code here for the Complete Batman Tv series from the 60s. I don't intend on using it, so maybe someone else wants it? It only works in Canada hence I post it here.

If more than one person is interested I'll turn it into a giveaway. You'll get the code later today, since I'll wait and see if there's more interested people.

Oooh, I'm interested! I'll finally get an account just to watch them :D.

vulva

Not sure how long it's on sale, but the video game shop in Toronto by yonge and bloor (in the plaza that has Zyng and Second Cup) has Bayonetta 2 for 50 bucks right now.

Lexxism

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 for $320 @ NCIX
103049_l.jpg

Returners

Yes, please.

Also got those headphones.

Bought the Senheiser HD 449s......good price and my IEMs are starting to bug my ears =/

I hope I don't look silly wearing them on the subway lol

Dr.brain64

I was able to buy stuff on the psn store's website but I'm still unable to access it on the ps4. Anyone that wants to buy something can try on the website.

Ondore

Just bought something for the "Next Stop: Hell" folder on the Vita and kicked it to the PS3, but can't check it until Canada roflstomps Germany.

Oh and did you guys know that once you apply an Amazon gift card to an order there is no way for a CSR to remove the gift card from the order and put it back on the card......even if it's on a pre-order that has things not out until late 2015/early 2016 =/

kennah

I'm wondering if it's worth it to add something like this to my i5-2500k or just wait till the end of the year or early 2016 to build a new rig.

I have had mine since 2011 and already upgraded once to a 660 ti 2gb.

I would like to start running higher resolutions than 1080p.
Totally worth it. The 2500k is still competitive

Oh and did you guys know that once you apply an Amazon gift card to an order there is no way for a CSR to remove the gift card from the order and put it back on the card......even if it's on a pre-order that has things not out until late 2015/early 2016 =/

So you don't get that credit back? Even on a new card?

I received $20 in credit for signing up for their VISA card but I am returning the item. I have been wondering if they will give me that credit back in some form.

So you don't get that credit back? Even on a new card?

I received $20 in credit for signing up for their VISA card but I am returning the item. I have been wondering if they will give me that credit back in some form.

The person I chatted with said that once you apply it to an order they can't remove it, I'm sure if I pressed harder they'd do something but supposedly that is their policy

FrsDvl

And Batman goes to entry number 9!

Which is DoctorWho. I'll pm you in the next minute.

Contest now closed, thanks for playing!

espher

I believe it is because this card is the mATX version for smaller computer builds.

It's bizarre, I had the other one in my build, and suddenly noticed the price dropped by like $50, so I think PC Part Picker just swapped it. That or they actually DID drop the price today, but the other card is at the price I had in my build so idk.

Jashobeam

Has anyone else in Canada received the $10 from the PSN paypal promo a few weeks back? We were suppose to get the $10 credit on the 24th and I still haven't gotten it.

KarmaCow

NCIX also has the 750Ti for $120, but I have no idea how much of an upgrade it is relative to a 460. I'm assuming it's pretty significant but I don't know about the money-upgrade ratio. Apparently EVGA has issues with coil whine as well?

Stage On

Anyone know how long it'll be until Futureshop's in stock level checker thing comes back?

The ps4 bundle that I'm leaning towards the most has sold out online so it'd be nice to see if there's any left in my area that I could pick up in person still tomorrow

Jinto

Anyone know how long it'll be until Futureshop's in stock level checker thing comes back?

The ps4 bundle that I'm leaning towards the most has sold out online so it'd be nice to see if there's any left in my area that I could pick up in person still tomorrow

I' m not a hundred percent sure, but probably the same time they start taking in-store reservations again, which is on the 28th.

Jashobeam

Got an e-mail with a code for the credit. Check your junk mail folder.

Yeah looks like I didn't get it for some reason, perhaps because I did it on the last day the promo was valid, I added 50 then 10 and bought Guilty Gear Xrd. Crap I really wanted to use it for Suikoden 2.

I' m not a hundred percent sure, but probably the same time they start taking in-store reservations again, which is on the 28th.

According to their website they're opening them back up on the 28th... Which is today. So later today then!

I got some gift cards today, so I guess I'm gonna go buy Forza Horizon 2. Also Sunset Overdrive on Amazon has a delivery estimate of somewhere between late January and mid February. Welp.

EDIT: Oh god, I technically save more money if I just got FH2 and Sunset Overdrive with my gift cards at FS. Please FS have both. Pls.

Jinto

According to their website they're opening them back up on the 28th... Which is today. So later today then!

Yeah, seems to be working now.

I got some gift cards today, so I guess I'm gonna go buy Forza Horizon 2. Also Sunset Overdrive on Amazon has a delivery estimate of somewhere between late January and mid February. Welp.

EDIT: Oh god, I technically save more money if I just got FH2 and Sunset Overdrive with my gift cards at FS. Please FS have both. Pls.

You save even more money if you buy both games from Superstore if you can find them there. They're $29.97 each. You can save your gift cards for something else.

kennah

NCIX also has the 750Ti for $120, but I have no idea how much of an upgrade it is relative to a 460. I'm assuming it's pretty significant but I don't know about the money-upgrade ratio. Apparently EVGA has issues with coil whine as well?
Pretty big increase. The 750ti is about as fast as a 580.

Top Bottom