• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Thanks to Shoppers Drug Mart, I bought a console I never thought I'd own. I now own a Wii U and for the deal I got it, I don't think regret it. $249 for the SM3DW+Nintendoland set with 20x points coupon and I used my already saved up points for an additional $30 discount. Once Xenoblade Chronicles and (if) SMT x Fire Emblem come out, I'm going to love this purchase.

I think I need to quit my job to keep with all the games I want to play on PC, 3DS, PS3, PS4 and now, Wii U.

Get Bayonetta 2 which also comes with Bayonetta 1. You know you want it.

terrible

Banned
From the reviews, the two pack he posted seems to be for people who want something harder and are okay with a higher pillow. The one I purchased is more for people who want medium softness while still getting support, and something that's not too high either, as preferably I like my head to be very low to the bed.

Honestly, if you have a car, just buy both, actually sleep on it, and see which ones give you a better sleep and return the others.

I have an ObusForme travel pillow that looks similar that I sometimes use instead of my normal pillow when my neck is sore. It's pretty comfy, it's just too small for me to use all the time. If I roll over I'm off the pillow lol. I'm leaning towards the ObusForme but maybe I will just get both.

i-Jest

26ca9ec402.jpg

i actually had amazon credit so thats not a boxing day deal or anything. :p

still!

Any chance we can PM this?

espher

No major purchases atm, but I'm sitting w/ this in my cart and contemplating e-mailing NCIX to see if they'll price match to avoid the hassle.

At the very least, should I buy the video card and monitor now? Those seem like really good deals... I need to replace my desktop but I don't know if I want to throw ~$2k on my line of credit, heh.

No major purchases atm, but I'm sitting w/ this in my cart and contemplating e-mailing NCIX to see if they'll price match to avoid the hassle.

At the very least, should I buy the video card and monitor now? Those seem like really good deals... I need to replace my desktop but I don't know if I want to throw ~$2k on my line of credit, heh.

from my experience, you can make the price match request through the ordering system and once you place order, they won't charge you until the price match is either approved or they give you a counter offer, which you can say no to and the order will be cancelled.

espher

from my experience, you can make the price match request through the ordering system and once you place order, they won't charge you until the price match is either approved or they give you a counter offer, which you can say no to and the order will be cancelled.

Ah you know what, that sounds right. I think I price matched a bunch of USB gamepads through them like six years ago and you just gave me a bout of déjà vu...

Blues1990

After being screwed over with my Pit Amiibo order at Best Buy, I am now scrambling to find another in the Vancouver area. Has anyone had any luck with finding this figurine?

Joeku

There. That's my haul. A few other external hdds for other backup and various accessories not pictured.
probably your best bet. I was at CC and they're out of the Asus, so I went up $10 to 409 for the EVGA.

Gigabyte 970 for $350? I'd do it. Something that new and in-demand, you're not likely to see anything better this Boxing Day (and potentially not for a while after that).

Alright, thanks guys!

ahdurian

Why is "Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?" is 109 on Amazon....Is this game rare or something? I think i may need to sell mine if so...that's some good profit for a game that wasn't that interesting....

Vibranium

Banned
No boxing day stuff for me, maybe next year. We're coming up on the 1 year price hike anniversary everyone! :p

Maybe Sony will be "4 the players" and cut us a break on digital prices....

isny

napkin dispenser
Why is "Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?" is 109 on Amazon....Is this game rare or something? I think i may need to sell mine if so...that's some good profit for a game that wasn't that interesting....

The collectors edition is definitely worth about a hundred bucks.

Jinto

My gaming related pickups:

Halo Master Chief Collection
The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
Shadow of Mordor
Wii U 3D World Bundle for my niece

Grabbed a bunch of other stuff too. I went to the mall to do some Boxing Day shopping for the first time in several years. Never again. These situations bring out the worst in people.

Sora_N

My gaming related pickups:

Halo Master Chief Collection
The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
Shadow of Mordor
Wii U 3D World Bundle for my niece

Grabbed a bunch of other stuff too. I went to the mall to do some Boxing Day shopping for the first time in several years. Never again. These situations bring out the worst in people.

Me and my gf were going to get up at 5AM to get ready to go to Target for 6AM but we slept in till 7AM. Just quickly got ready and got there just before 8AM, we got one of the $3 pillows and some cheapass gift wrap and some cheap plastic bins. Didn't really get any fuss overall but we didn't spend THAT much time in the mall. Lots of people were going to the mall late as hell anyways.

Checked out Sephora for those deals as well, she was able to get everything she wanted there.

Had a really fun BD this year because I wasn't specifically looking for crap. All I bought was Epic on Blu-Ray ($6.47 at WM) and some pants lol.

Jinto

Me and my gf were going to get up at 5AM to get ready to go to Target for 6AM but we slept in till 7AM. Just quickly got ready and got there just before 8AM, we got one of the $3 pillows and some cheapass gift wrap and some cheap plastic bins. Didn't really get any fuss overall but we didn't spend THAT much time in the mall. Lots of people were going to the mall late as hell anyways.

Checked out Sephora for those deals as well, she was able to get everything she wanted there.

Had a really fun BD this year because I wasn't specifically looking for crap. All I bought was Epic on Blu-Ray ($6.47 at WM) and some pants lol.

Glad you and your girlfriend had fun and got what you wanted for the most part. Next time, if there is a next time, I need to go to the mall earlier.

I started shopping at like 6AM and that was fine. Went to Best Buy, Target, Canadian Tire, and Shoppers Drug Mart. Bought most of my games and other electronics at that time. Thanks to this thread, I knew what I wanted and was in and out quickly. The sales people were really helpful too.

It wasn't until I went to the mall with my friend to shop for clothes in the afternoon that it got really annoying. Took over 45 minutes to find parking. People wouldn't let other cars in. Some stupid girl stole my parking spot. I seriously couldn't believe she did that. I was this close to doing something to her car.

Once we got inside, it was way too damn packed. People not caring if they run into others and just being plain rude. There were lineups just to get into stores and to use the bathroom. They didn't have my size in anything I wanted. :/

Sora_N

Glad you and your girlfriend had fun and got what you wanted for the most part. Next time, if there is a next time, I need to go to the mall earlier.

I started shopping at like 6AM and that was fine. Went to Best Buy, Target, Canadian Tire, and Shoppers Drug Mart. Bought most of my games and other electronics at that time. Thanks to this thread, I knew what I wanted and was in and out quickly.

It wasn't until I went to the mall with my friend to shop for clothes in the afternoon that it got really annoying. Took over 45 minutes to find parking. People wouldn't let other cars in. Some stupid girl stole my parking spot. I seriously couldn't believe she did that. I was this close to doing something to her car.

Once we got inside, it was way too damn packed. People not caring if they run into others and just being plain rude. There were lineups just to get into stores and to use the bathroom. They didn't have my size in anything I wanted. :/

Yeah if I don't go early I'm not ever going to go out, full of flakers and lazy people who clog up the mall. Lol, traffic was shit as well.

She lives near the mall so we went back to drop off our loot twice actually, the last time we went back was around 3:45-4, it was pretty awful then so we left after.

Sitting here with 2 16 GB microSD cards in my BB cart (1 Sandisk Extreme and 1 Sandisk Ultra: one for my GoPro and one for the New(TM) 3DS
when? ;_;
for about $40.

This is a good deal, right? Or should I just get 2 SD Ultras?

Lexxism

Sitting here with 2 16 GB microSD cards in my BB cart (1 Sandisk Extreme and 1 Sandisk Ultra: one for my GoPro and one for the New(TM) 3DS
when? ;_;
for about $40.

This is a good deal, right? Or should I just get 2 SD Ultras?

I don't know if you are interested but Walmart has the LEXAR Mobile Micro SDHC Class 10 32GB for $14

Quite of people here bought this memory card from last BF when it was $13.

They also have the Crucial m500 240GB SSD for 84.99. It's a very good deal.

kitzkozan

BD was relatively fun for me since I didn't really give a crap this year lol. Went to the mall rather late so I didn't subject myself to ridiculous waiting lines. My shopping haul:

Star Trek compendium $9.99.
Kaspersky internet security 2015 for $17.99.
Infamous Second son $14.99.
Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD for $29.99 (my local EBgames store had one limited edition for that price as well, but I missed out barely it seems).

KH 2.5 will eventually be $20 in a couple of months, but I'm excited to play it since unlike 1.5 HD, I never played the original version of it and it's viewed as a superior sequel (+ Birth by sleep which is considered a good game as well).

I'm happy with what I got since last year black / boxing day was an epic haul for me lol. I think I received movies from the cineplex store into the month of february 2014. :p I purchased over 100+ movies between the end of november and december 2013.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Amazon's boxing week page is so bizarre, and really makes me realize how my purchases are generally focused to specific departments.

Current & upcoming deals include: Disney Minnie 16" LED Backpack, Biocide Systems Room Shocker Odor Eliminator Powder, Voyager 6-Person Boat, Winnipeg Jets Padded Bar Stool, Meinl Cajon Drum.

Zing

Banned
Unfortunately, I am also considering buying a DRUM KIT because I am insane. Roland HD-3 electronic kit for $599 at Best Buy, which is the cheapest I've seen it. Talk me into/out of it, GAF. I'm leaning towards "I don't need more useless geegaws in my life dammit" but a small part of me is all "ANIMAAAAAAAAAAAAL DRUM SOLO."
I have that drum kit. It's not perfect, as I really wish there was a way to adjust volume of the individual pads. But it's fun to play around. I'm not a drummer by any stretch of the imagination, but I play around on this thing every day for at least a few minutes.

isny

napkin dispenser
It's showing up as $89.99 for me now (maybe because I claimed it already?), but it's one of the current deals rotating on the Boxing Day page.

Yeah, they're $59.99 for your first pair at the lightning deal price, $89.99 plus a $30 discount. They seem to be regularly priced at $69 on Amazon.com, with the lowest they've ever gone for being $63.15 and the lowest they've ever gone on Amazon.ca was $69.95, so seems like a decent deal.

i-Jest

On the first day of Boxing Month I got myself a new copy of Pikmin 3 at my local Wal-Mart. On the second day, today, I got a Diddy Amiibo and a copy of Kirby's Return To Dreamland. The sweet part about it is I didn't have to pay collectors prices to get the game or Amiibo. So far things are coming along smoothly. Only three more games I really want in my Wii collection at the moment and my Wii U collection is already on point. Now that I have Diddy all that's left is to wait for Captain Falcon and Pit to come in the mail. Bestbuy hasn't let me down yet so I'm looking forward to next week.

In the mean time I'll continue to stalk the TRU Canada Lucario Amiibo web page so I don't miss out on the preorders :p

Ventara

Link

I'm pretty tempted myself, but I'm hesitating because my last 2 headphones that had the wire connected to the set got ruined when the cord got snagged on something and got ripped out of the headpiece. So I've been thinking of picking up a set that has a detachable cord.

Edit: Lol, I just realized this is the exact model that I had that got ruined.

Edit 2: Reading up on the storepage, I see it has a 2-year warranty. Does anyone know if this extends to physical damage, like the cord getting ripped out?

Edit 3:

Damage: This warranty does not cover any physical and/or electrical damage resulting from, but not limited to:

Accident

I guess not. Expected.

FrsDvl

Anyone here like Batman and Digital UV?

Got a code here for the Complete Batman Tv series from the 60s. I don't intend on using it, so maybe someone else wants it? It only works in Canada hence I post it here.

If more than one person is interested I'll turn it into a giveaway. You'll get the code later today, since I'll wait and see if there's more interested people.

i-Jest

Got a code here for the Complete Batman Tv series from the 60s. I don't intend on using it, so maybe someone else wants it? It only works in Canada hence I post it here.

If more than one person is interested I'll turn it into a giveaway. You'll get the code later today, since I'll wait and see if there's more interested people.

I'm interested.

isny

napkin dispenser

Oh man, that would be amazing to have! Definitely do a giveaway for it.

Top Bottom