• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

iphys

BB.ca now telling me the release date for the Pit amiibo is Jan 2. Didn't these things already sell out in store, so how have they not shipped the online orders?

DiddyBop

I was able to get the base MacBook Air 13 inch with 8gb of ram for 1000 at best buy. Been wanting to get this very same laptop so I'm very happy saving 200 buxks

Yeah, seems to be working now.

You save even more money if you buy both games from Superstore if you can find them there. They're $29.97 each. You can save your gift cards for something else.

So I said "fuck it" and got FH2 and Sunset Overdrive at FS. I only used one gift card (I got 2) which was $25 (the other was $50 I'll save that for later) and took advantage of that "Buy 2 games that are $39.99 get them for $72 save $8" thing and after applying the gift card I paid around $56. With the gift card I saved more money... Somehow.

I'm gonna buy KI from the MS Store at the Eaton Center next week, and I'll save my $50 gift card for whenever a major game decides to release and I want it.

No really deep discounts, but I managed to get the most I could out of Boxing Day. I'm really happy that I'm pretty much set for this gen now with a great PC, all 3 consoles, and every exclusive I want out of them (except DKTF for Wii U and I'm gonna wait for Drive Club to get lower). I'm having a slow realization that I now own more XBOne games than PS4 games.

i-Jest

BB.ca now telling me the release date for the Pit amiibo is Jan 2. Didn't these things already sell out in store, so how have they not shipped the online orders?

Overwhelming demand? I'll just patiently wait for my Pit and Captain Falcon.

Shadow of Mordor is on Amazon for $35, but it says that it will ship in 1 to 4 months. Seems kinda crazy to me. Is that accurate? I got prime, so it ships in 3-5 days according to that.

Stage On

I don't understand why they made the PS4 GTA Bundle so limited :( Now that they've had that out it's not as if I'm going to settle for the Last of us bundle which has one less game for the same price

Ryne

Just got a delivery today of a white GC controller to my apartment. Sunday deliveries scare the hell out of me, wasn't expecting anyone.

espher

Welp, NCIX confirmed my price match. Hopefully their CS can apply the other 'price matches' to their "surprise sale" items with higher prices (since I couldn't do it as part of the order process).

Went from planning on spending nothing to spending ~$2100 (before MIRs) this weekend. Yeesh.

curb

Banned
Canada Post is still doing Sunday deliveries? Maybe I'll get my order today after all.

I had two orders show up today. One from Best Buy and one from Walmart, both placed the 24th. I was really surprised they came so quick and I didn't know they were still doing weekend deliveries either.

Fularu

Banned
You could probably grab the vita TV and an 8gn card for cheaper than the bundle, if the controller is of no use to you

Vita TV is 60$, Vita TV bundle is 80$. I doubt the standalone + 8 gb card would be worth it over the bundle.

You can always resell the game for 5-10$ too.

Roto13

I had two orders show up today. One from Best Buy and one from Walmart, both placed the 24th. I was really surprised they came so quick and I didn't know they were still doing weekend deliveries either.

Mine's from The Source. Shipped on the 24th. It said to expect it in 3-4 business days after shipping, but I'm not sure how they even count business days around the holidays. :p I live in Toronto and stuff doesn't usually take long to get here, but I've never ordered anything from The Source before. No tracking info either. (They said I'd probably get the tracking info Monday because holidays.)

Anyway, it hasn't been an unreasonably long time since it shipped or anything, I'm just eager!

curb

Banned
Mine's from The Source. Shipped on the 24th. It said to expect it in 3-4 business days after shipping, but I'm not sure how they even count business days around the holidays. :p I live in Toronto and stuff doesn't usually take long to get here, but I've never ordered anything from The Source before. No tracking info either. (They said I'd probably get the tracking info Monday because holidays.)

Anyway, it hasn't been an unreasonably long time since it shipped or anything, I'm just eager!

I've found shipping from The Source to be slow. I don't know if it's just how they run their warehouse or what. I've ordered online from them twice and both deliveries took longer than they said to arrive.

Roto13

I've found shipping from The Source to be slow. I don't know if it's just how they run their warehouse or what. I've ordered online from them twice and both deliveries took longer than they said to arrive.

Well they said it shipped on the 24th so I guess it's up to Canada Post now.

ahdurian

yeah...the Sunday Canada Post delivery scared the crap outta me too..

Well, at least my new suit came in for delivery.
Now if my Amazon Blu Rays come in I'd be a little happier

Also shocked by Sunday delivery. Sadly its a mess.

- Changing my FS address only changed the billing address prior to purchase
- Delivered to the shipping address despite having a Canada Post redirect service on file (!)
- Only delivered the large item, not the small one (a game)

Have to wait and see if they try to deliver the small one to my mail box tomorrow...

Lexxism

Lol. "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up" He didn't even bother to knock at our door. I don't even see the notice card. I guess they will deliver the card tomorrow.

iiicon

Got my pillows today, which, along with a coffee maker to replace the one my nephew broke on Christmas Eve, was the extent of my Boxing Day online shopping. Now I can go back to debating whether to search for a Pit amiibo or wait and hope for Amazon to fulfill my order.

Canada Post is still doing Sunday deliveries? Maybe I'll get my order today after all.

I'm currently looking across my street. There is a Canada Post van somehow delivering. Kinda surprised they're doing it today.

Also a heads up if you wanna get something from BB or FS. You might wanna go in store and check for yourself if they have something. Today when I got FH2 and Sunset Overdrive their system told them they had no copies of SO left, but there were still copies in the back.

It sounds like mail service is a mess right now though, and it's not even New Years Eve yet. Kinda glad I canceled my SO order from Amazon because it was probably gonna be in limbo for a while. I somehow got the Day One Edition from FS

isny

napkin dispenser
Got my pillows today, which, along with a coffee maker to replace the one my nephew broke on Christmas Eve, was the extent of my Boxing Day online shopping. Now I can go back to debating whether to search for a Pit amiibo or wait and hope for Amazon to fulfill my order.

I ordered a couple Pit from Amazon and managed to snag one at EB, so if my Amazon orders go through and yours don't, you can have one at cost.

Alternatively, I do need money, and as much as I'd hate to part with my Pit, if Amazon doesn't come through for either of us, I may be willing to sell you mine for something reasonable.

Yes. I have an order currently on delivery today.
holy shit I just noticed I have one on route as well lol. Would be cool if I get it...not holding my breath, all of a sudden my canada post guy doesn't like coming up the elevator he just leaves slips. Lazyfuckkagnkds.

edit: speak of the devil he just came. wooooo.

Nakho

Has anyone here ever reserved something to pick up at a Futureshop store?

It's been some 30 min since I made the reservation and I haven't received any email, not even to confirm if any attempt at reservation has been made. Is there a way to at least see my reservations on the web site?

Has anyone here reserved something to pick up at a Futureshop store?

It's been some 30 min since I made the reservation and I haven't received any email, not even to confirm they any attempt at reservation has been made. Is there a way to at least see my reservations on the web site?

If it's like best buy, you'll have to wait until they either confirm or deny the reservation, and you really have no way of seeing the order until you get that email. I've gotten reservations within minutes at times, other times I've had to wait till the next day.

check the spam folder as well

Nakho

If it's like best buy, you'll have to wait until they either confirm or deny the reservation, and you really have no way of seeing the order until you get that email. I've gotten reservations within minutes at times, other times I've had to wait till the next day.

check the spam folder as well

Thanks, man. I'm getting really nervous about it, as I don't have much time to wait. Hope it goes smoothly. Thanks again.

Any known deals on a PS Vita (non-TV)? I've been looking for some time now without luck. With all these massive deals on the PSTV, I'm feeling pretty left out!

I might just have to resort to Craigslist. I'd love to see a PS Vita 2000 for $150, console-only. Little disappointed (although understanding) that only the Borderlands bundle is available.

Firestorm

Picked up some books from chapters, a razer deathadder, and a steelseries mousepad. I think that will be all I purchase this week, I have enough games as is.
Where'd you get the mouse pad? I need a new one and I think its time I stop using crappy $3 ones.

isny

napkin dispenser
Where'd you get the mouse pad? I need a new one and I think its time I stop using crappy $3 ones.

Ugh, if only I'd known you needed one. I just went through my storage today, I could have nabbed one and shipped it to you, I have a bunch of brand new Steelseries ones! Not digging through that mess again though, lol

Maybe it's time for a spring cleaning giveaway...

Ryne

I don't even use a mousepad, perhaps I should pick up one myself. Just can't see myself paying 20 for one, probably 15 is my top level.

RS4-

I don't even use a mousepad, perhaps I should pick up one myself. Just can't see myself paying 20 for one, probably 15 is my top level.

I still use my Icemat (now the steelseries) and it's great. YMMV though, depends on what kind of laser your mouse has.

isny

napkin dispenser

Yeah I really need a pad to rest the bottom of my wrist on, it's usually red from always being rested on. :p

I used to use em, didn't like how grimey they get though, so I stopped years ago, which is why I have like 3-4 unopened, I used to get them at Blizzcon and other cons for free and they just piled up, lol

I don't know how people can use flat mouse pads. Gotta have the gel bump for the wrist rest.

This is actually the worst thing you can do for your wrist. I've had numerous doctors and physiotherapists recommend against me using one, and actually was told my years of using one contributed immensely to my wrist pain.

http://www.humantech.com/blog/two-things-to-consider-when-using-a-mouse-padwrist-rest/

CRA5H

Only one of my BB orders came today (Chromecast). I guess the other box is coming tomorrow. Tracking info hasn't been updated on either one and still says Accepted with no other updates.

Top Bottom