• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Ryne

I used to use em, didn't like how grimey they get though, so I stopped years ago, which is why I have like 3-4 unopened, I used to get them at Blizzcon and other cons for free and they just piled up, lol
Exactly why I stopped using them, they got so dirty. Probably because I kept buying the garbage stuff from dollarama

I've had one of the cushioned ones for years, and it's still really clean and in great shape. There's a bit of wear, and it's got a bit of dust around edges, but it's really good.

It's just a Staples-branded one, too.

oneran

BB.ca now telling me the release date for the Pit amiibo is Jan 2. Didn't these things already sell out in store, so how have they not shipped the online orders?

I went to my local bestbuy because their site said they had pit, falcon, & Luigi in stock. The clerk found them but told me they couldn't sell them until jan 2nd, so I guess their street date is messed up.

Use a vertical mouse instead of putting pressure on your wrist with a pad.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009D9CZ5C/

You can't use this for video games.

Never seen one of these before.

I have a wireless version of the same mouse, and it's actually fine. It's not ideal for gaming--I wouldn't play Unreal Tournament with it--but it's basically like any other wireless mouse. It does take some getting used to, though, and it's not for everyone. I found that unless I was trying to avoid my usual mousing motion because of discomfort, the vertical mouse was actually less comfortable than my G500.

sikkinixx

Anyone ever has to pay duty when coming back into to Canada with shit from the states? Surprisingly I've never had to as it's usually just groceries or I've been away long enough to get the $500+ exemption. I bought some old chairs on eBay and have the sitting at a place just across the line. $300ish USD. If I get hauled in to pay its just gst-pst because they are made in usa. I've heard sometimes people cross with a shit ton and don't get pulled in but my luck is never that good.

SickBoy

Anyone ever has to pay duty when coming back into to Canada with shit from the states? Surprisingly I've never had to as it's usually just groceries or I've been away long enough to get the $500+ exemption. I bought some old chairs on eBay and have the sitting at a place just across the line. $300ish USD. If I get hauled in to pay its just gst-pst because they are made in usa. I've heard sometimes people cross with a shit ton and don't get pulled in but my luck is never that good.

If you don't declare them, I believe the customs officer can levy a penalty. So just declare them and pay your sales tax if they want you to pay it and that's all you're going to owe.

If you're honest about what you're bringing, they don't always sweat it. But if you're not and they call you on it.. well...

(Here, I looked it up: "Depending on the type of goods and the circumstances involved, the CBSA may impose a penalty that ranges from 25% to 80% of the value of the seized goods." They also say you can lose them permanently, though I'm not sure that applies with regard to furniture.)

srst

I pick up online orders across the border all the time. From my experience the West coast BC taxes you once in a blue moon but the Niagara Falls border, it's 90% of the time.

Dazzler

I was flag poling one time to activate a work permit and they dinged me for a twelve pack of beer at the peace arch border crossing

The taxes were more than the twelve pack actually cost me

whitehawk

Banned
Wii U is supposed to be $249.99 tomorrow if anyone missed the SDM deal.

20141228_184912_zpsafe6653e.jpg

sikkinixx

Thanks to all. I'll just have to see how it goes. I'll fudge things a little bit if I spent $100 or so "oh I spent $50" but for the $40 I might have to pay it tax I might as well be honest.

soultron

Banned
Wii U is supposed to be $249.99 tomorrow if anyone missed the SDM deal.

20141228_184912_zpsafe6653e.jpg

Must not do it. I will fall into the same trap I did with 3DS. Great games for a while, then nothing.

Temptation is so high. I already own ZombiU and really want to play 3D World. FUUUUUUU---

Sajjaja

I do get $100 off a system every calendar year, but I was hoping to use that on a PS4. Oh well, I have a $100 Futureshop GC anyway, so I'll use that on a PS4 when the time is right.

Or you can use both and get a Wii U for $50

Or better yet, get me a Wii U for $50.

NYR

Anyone think I can get $400 for my ps4 with 2 controllers on kijiji? Wouldn't mind selling it to get a white one.

Chilikar

Hey guys, I did the most stupid thing ever today. I accidentally purchased a season pass for the ps3 version of lego Batman 3 instead of ps4. Sony's support is down right now but do you guys think they'll let me switch it? Have any of you experienced this before?

Hey guys, I did the most stupid thing ever today. I accidentally purchased a season pass for the ps3 version of lego Batman 3 instead of ps4. Sony's support is down right now but do you guys think they'll let me switch it? Have any of you experienced this before?

Technically it's probably against their policy but I am positive I've seen people on here make similar versioning mistakes (ps3/ps4) and Sony has fixed it.

Chilikar

Technically it's probably against their policy but I am positive I've seen people on here make similar versioning mistakes (ps3/ps4) and Sony has fixed it.
Wow that'll be amazing of them if they do so for me. Hopefully I'll reach the right people for this. Its the first time I've been this careless with a purchase.

Luigi87

Bluh, one of my Boxing Day orders, which was in Mississauga, Ontario (literally 20 minutes from me), is now in Montreal... I love it when my packages get these free trips -_-

flkraven

Anyone see any good deals on externals? I'd prefer USB powered, and I am seeing 2TBs everywhere for $99.99. That seems to be pretty much the standard price all the time, no?

lupinko

Anyone know where I can buy canadian eshop online digitally? Someone linked for canadian psn which is great but the eshop on said site is only American or EU.

I want the new Shantae, and is Lego the movie 3ds good? It's $10 on the eshop.

kennah

Anyone know where I can buy canadian eshop online digitally? Someone linked for canadian psn which is great but the eshop on said site is only American or EU.

I want the new Shantae, and is Lego the movie 3ds good? It's $10 on the eshop.
Lego Movie 3ds isn't amazing but good if you like the Lego games. I'd sell you my physical copy for $10 shipped

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Time to keep my eyes glued to this thread in order to know exactly when the $249 edition LD Halo 5 is up for pre order at Best Buy. Although I'm expecting it to be more like $289 here. D:

Oneself

Bluh, one of my Boxing Day orders, which was in Mississauga, Ontario (literally 20 minutes from me), is now in Montreal... I love it when my packages get these free trips -_-

Yeah, Montréal is a great place to spend the holidays, hopefully your package enjoys it! ;)

kurahadol

Anyone know of any Danganronpa deals? Had to grab the 2nd one at the current price with the PSN sale, but for some ridiculous reason the first one isn't on sale.

mdubs

Banned
Must not do it. I will fall into the same trap I did with 3DS. Great games for a while, then nothing.

Temptation is so high. I already own ZombiU and really want to play 3D World. FUUUUUUU---

Buy it. Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101 plus those games you listed, make the right choice.

Top Bottom