• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I grabbed the PS T.V bundle from EB Games this morning, I showed up 30 minutes early and still was way back in the line, I was surprised but hey I got a PS T.V for 60$ off so I guess it was worth it.

Anth0ny

Done my boxing day shopping. Ended up grabbing some blu rays and DVDs off Best Buy and Amazon.ca. Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons are $10 a pop on bestbuy.ca!

Also, Star Trek: The Compendium is $9.99 on bestbuy.ca. That's both of the new Trek movies. Crazy low price, and I enjoyed those movies, so I grabbed it.

ZERO games this year =|

espher

Price range? I'm constantly staring at this monitor myself:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007HSKSMI/

Edit: Not literally staring at the monitor... Staring at the deal, haha

Gah, I didn't need to see this...

I want to get a second monitor (well, a new primary, and set this 22" as my secondary), but I really don't have the budget... but I /am/ planning on upgrading my PC, possible this week, so what's an extra $200 for a monitor?

Stupid hardware sales.

Edit: Oh, it's only 60Hz... well then... great display if I was still bringing consoles to friends places. :3

explodet

The one EB I drifted past were sold out of Far Cry 4+Season Pass, hoping they'll get some restocks. The online flyer says this deal is good until the 31st, but who knows if that's really going to be the case.

Nabbed Mordor for $35 after I tried for $30 at Target but they were sold out as well.
Maybe had my eye on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 but they still had practically a full stack on the shelves. It's probably going to be $20 down the line and I've got enough of a backlog.

Guesong

Such a fantastic online system EBGames has.

I try to order something, use a gift card, realize at final checkout screen I made a mistake in my adress, cancel the order to correct it, input the gift card once again and it now tells me I have 0 on it.

eb pls. Guess I'll try again in a couple of hours. If it doesn't show back up am I right to assume I'm screwed?

The one EB I drifted past were sold out of Far Cry 4+Season Pass, hoping they'll get some restocks. The online flyer says this deal is good until the 31st, but who knows if that's really going to be the case.

Nabbed Mordor for $35 after I tried for $30 at Target but they were sold out as well.
Maybe had my eye on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 but they still had practically a full stack on the shelves. It's probably going to be $20 down the line and I've got enough of a backlog.

The EB flyer says Dec 26 only for Farcry + season pass

Lothars

So I picked up the Far Cry 4 with the season pass at Eb games today but I'm still not sure what to do about getting an actually system to play it on.

There's a bundle I'm looking at that comes with another copy of Far cry 4, but If I return the copy I got today to Eb games what happens to the season pass?
How much would you want for the season pass?

big_z

get the ps4 and return the games at walmart you dont want they return anything packaged. Say was a christmas gift and you dont have the bill

Bundled games have a not for sale stamp where the bar code is. Retail games now have different bar codes for each supplier. So a bestbuy game won't scan at Walmart for example. It's how they keep people from pulling this scam.

So I picked up the Far Cry 4 with the season pass at Eb games today but I'm still not sure what to do about getting an actually system to play it on.

There's a bundle I'm looking at that comes with another copy of Far cry 4, but If I return the copy I got today to Eb games what happens to the season pass?

You can return the game to EB. Check your receipt, they were supposed to charge $10 for the game and $29 for the season pass. They don't allow returns on digital items so you would only get back $10.
Some people got charged $39 for the game and $0 for the season pass so if your receipt is like that you could get a full refund and still use the pass.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Decent boxing day as I only wanted a DS4 controller which I got at the source. Target was picked clean on those very quickly.

For those who want diddy kong amiibo, the eb games at Oakridge mall had several racks full of them. No falcon or pit though.

ahdurian

random question, but has anyone played the DQ games on mobile?
I'm on google play store right now, and some are on sale...tempted to buy, but not sure what the controls/lag is like

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
did decent today usually get way more for low prices. i think black friday is screwing over boxing day

What i got
The walking dead season 1 ps4 (GF 7 year dating anniversary gift)
The evil within ps4 25 bucks
Elysium dvd+bluray+digital 5 bucks
Full Metal Jacket bluray 2.99
Django Unchained bluray + dvd + digital 5.99
Argo blurady+dvd + digital 5.99
Assassins creed uniy 25 bucks

Not bad

DJ_Lae

Bought literally nothing for the first time in years. Oh Canada.

I was pretty close. Only thing I picked up was a toaster from Amazon and that's just because our old one died the other week and I figured I'd wait until boxing day.

On the news they showed people lining up and stores packed full, but I have no idea what sort of amazing deals they were actually taking advantage of because I saw nothing that even remotely blew me away.

Yasumi

Banned
Only thing I got was the Cowboy Bebop DVD set for regular price, canceled my Amazon Edition. Turns out it has the same vinyl design for the discs, and the reverse cover art is the same as the Amazon Edition, just no art books or Bluray. It was also $70+ cheaper.

Dazzler

Final haul:

Two Memory Foam pillows $30 (reduced from 100)
Klipsch ear buds - 45 (reduced from 95)
Adidas Adi Ease trainers ($48 down from 90)
and Wolf Among Us PS4 for 20 bucks from FS

Total haul (so far):
Forza Horizon 2 @ $39.99
Sunset Overdrive @ $24.96
DJMAX Technika Tune @ $39.99
Sandisk Extreme Plus 80MB/s 64GB SDXC @ $59.99
and a couple of CDs (though dear lord my local record shop was really dismal and sad this year).

Unfortunately, I am also considering buying a DRUM KIT because I am insane. Roland HD-3 electronic kit for $599 at Best Buy, which is the cheapest I've seen it. Talk me into/out of it, GAF. I'm leaning towards "I don't need more useless geegaws in my life dammit" but a small part of me is all "ANIMAAAAAAAAAAAAL DRUM SOLO."

i-Jest

Boxing week continues. So far I got Pikmin 3. I might have a good lead on Kirby's Return To Dreamland. Gonna see if it actually follows through tomorrow. Besides that I might buy a couple books on investing.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Final haul:

Two Memory Foam pillows $30 (reduced from 100)
Klipsch ear buds - 45 (reduced from 95)
Adidas Adi Ease trainers ($48 down from 90)
and Wolf Among Us PS4 for 20 bucks from FS

if you had a target in your area should have got a price match was 15 there for wolf among us

krae_man

Bought a ton of movies.

First 3 seasons of Sanctuary, 4 Kevin Smith films, Season 1 of Stargate Universe on Bluray, and about a dozen blurays. I'm ready to be snowed in.

Ledhead

Going to check out the malls tomorrow, might pick up some cheap blurays, as I have most of the games I already want. Still debating whether to pick up a Vita or not

Going to check out the malls tomorrow, might pick up some cheap blurays, as I have most of the games I already want. Still debating whether to pick up a Vita or not

I got one today but PSN is down so I can't link it or get digital games for it... still it looks great!

(Borderlands 2 is digital too so can't even dl it... )

B5yo57mCUAAJQ65.jpg
There. That's my haul. A few other external hdds for other backup and various accessories not pictured.
Gonna repost this in case anyone has any insight before I pull the trigger:
probably your best bet. I was at CC and they're out of the Asus, so I went up $10 to 409 for the EVGA.

Qwyjibo

Thanks to Shoppers Drug Mart, I bought a console I never thought I'd own. I now own a Wii U and for the deal I got it, I don't think regret it. $249 for the SM3DW+Nintendoland set with 20x points coupon and I used my already saved up points for an additional $30 discount. Once Xenoblade Chronicles and (if) SMT x Fire Emblem come out, I'm going to love this purchase.

I think I need to quit my job to keep with all the games I want to play on PC, 3DS, PS3, PS4 and now, Wii U.

zroid

Banned
Thanks to Shoppers Drug Mart, I bought a console I never thought I'd own. I now own a Wii U and for the deal I got it, I don't think regret it. $249 for the SM3DW+Nintendoland set with 20x points coupon and I used my already saved up points for an additional $30 discount. Once Xenoblade Chronicles and (if) SMT x Fire Emblem come out, I'm going to love this purchase.

I think I need to quit my job to keep with all the games I want to play on PC, 3DS, PS3, PS4 and now, Wii U.

Grats bud. Now kick it off by buying some stuff off the eShop. 4 days left till DDP ends!

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm not sure which one I should buy. This is a tough one, I guess I'll sleep on it.....

I do need a pillow though so thanks for the links.

From the reviews, the two pack he posted seems to be for people who want something harder and are okay with a higher pillow. The one I purchased is more for people who want medium softness while still getting support, and something that's not too high either, as preferably I like my head to be very low to the bed.

Honestly, if you have a car, just buy both, actually sleep on it, and see which ones give you a better sleep and return the others.

Qwyjibo

Grats bud. Now kick it off by buying some stuff off the eShop. 4 days left till DDP ends!
Can I still participate in this if I already had an existing Nintendo ID from my 3DS? Is there anything I need to do with my Wii U other than sign in?

Top Bottom