• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Went to upgrade my 5S to a 6+ today at Bestbuy only to be told my University, whom I have the contract with via Telus, owes the service provider twenty five thousand NUMBRZ
Looks like I'll have to wait till the 5th of January until I can even talk to anyone. Gives me time to debate between the + or the Note 4.

Went to upgrade my 5S to a 6+ today at Bestbuy only to be told my University, whom I have the contract with via Telus, owes the service provider twenty five thousand grand.
Looks like I'll have to wait till the 5th of January until I can even talk to anyone. Gives me time to debate between the + or the Note 4.

So $25,000,000? Thats a lot of money...

On a more serious note, has anyone had more luck with the gamecube adapters shipping from EB? My order hasnt moved :/

So $25,000,000? Thats a lot of money...

On a more serious note, has anyone had more luck with the gamecube adapters shipping from EB? My order hasnt moved :/

I'm a sleep deprieved human being, what are numbers even!?
As for adapters I'm still sitting at the same status I was the 800 other times I looked.
NUMBERS

Sapiens

That sounds really hyperbolic to me. I've never had any problems with Seagate external hard drives. And my Western Digital just crapped out after a year.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I have a bias against it, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one 4TB solution from seagate. I would think about setting up some sort of raid situation, so if one drive fails, you have some degree of redundancy.

Sora_N

If I preorder something with my amazon prime trial and do 2 day shipping will I lose it later when I cancel the trial? Lol. Or will I be charged for it instead?

Ondore

OK, something weird happened overnight. I bought something from Walmart during their Boxing Day sale (12/24, actually) and it took my debit Visa and charged it that day. The item shipped, but I checked my bank account this morning and the transaction reversed.

The item looks like it's going to deliver today or Friday. There's nothing on the actual order suggesting an issue.

Did I just get really, really lucky? Or are they going to come back later and nail me when I don't have the funds?

isny

napkin dispenser
If I preorder something with my amazon prime trial and do 2 day shipping will I lose it later when I cancel the trial? Lol. Or will I be charged for it instead?

Someone a few pages back checked with Amazon and was told they'd get free shipping still.

flkraven

I went with the WD drive out of reliability fears. Also, I like the blue colour :). 2TB should be more than enough for my Xbox for the forseeable future.

isny

napkin dispenser
Meta Knight already out of stock?

He was sold weeks ago. He was up twice and sold out almost immediately both times on both FS and BB's website.

Lucario is on toysrus.ca, but is unavailable to preorder. Did I just completely miss out? I didn't even see it posted here.

It has yet to be available for pre-order on Toys R Us's Canadian website. The listing has been there for a week or two however.

No one has rosalina?

Target will, not online, in store only as Target doesn't offer e-commerce here in Canada.

Sweet. Is it still difficult to get? I'm still reading up on it. Seems it's still highly anticipated by people in the know.

EDIT: When I have the funds for one and if I get an invitation, I'd like to buy that sexy 64GB version in the charcoal grey.

You won't have a problem getting one when you're ready if you check the GAF invite thread. Also, you can only buy the 64GB one, they aren't selling any other version right now.

Roto13

Ordered a thing from Amazon Monday night. Selected free shipping. Thing due to arrive today.

People pay extra for this kind of speed. :eek:

Vamphuntr

Wow I got charged 50$ for PS+ because apparently it was set to autorenewal even if I had bought a prepaid card. How is this shit legal in Canada?

baconcow

Wow I got charged 50$ for PS+ because apparently it was set to autorenewal even if I had bought a prepaid card. How is this shit legal in Canada?

It sucks, but the fine print does warn you on-screen upon activation (saying you can turn off auto-renewal in psyment settings). You're right though, it shouldn't be legal. On the 360, they used to make you call in to cancel.

Vamphuntr

It sucks, but the fine print does warn you on-screen upon activation (saying you can turn off auto-renewal in psyment settings). You're right though, it shouldn't be legal. On the 360, they used to make you call in to cancel.

Pretty sure auto renewal isn't legal in QC. What an horrible company. Glad I went more PC gaming this gen.

isny

napkin dispenser
My Captain Falcon's from Amazon just shipped. I ordered an extra if someone wants it at cost. Just shoot me a PM.

The Sennheiser HD 449's arrived, sound pretty good with Spotify on my OnePlus One......hopefully these can keep my ears warm in the winter :p

Wow, these things are super lightweight

jstripes

Banned

Ya, I saw an email like that yesterday, but with a failure to process warning. I was a bit confused.

Jokes on them, though: My card is maxed-out!

Ugh.

Draff

damn, the concierge in my building has started to make snarky comments and insinuating that I'm running a business from my condo because of excessive online ordering. Welp, with all the Amiibos I've ordered, the parcel train's not stopping any time soon...

damn, the concierge in my building has started to make snarky comments and insinuating that I'm running a business from my condo because of excessive online ordering. Welp, with all the Amiibos I've ordered, the parcel train's not stopping any time soon...

Tell the doorman to know his role and mind his shit

curb

Banned

I think it says that's how it works somewhere in the text on the PSN Store page when you buy plus or redeem a code for a sub.

Top Bottom