• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

So I picked up my GC Adapter today from Purolator in Etobicoke. Twas freezing out there. Anyway I'm glad. Still have a couple games to add to the collection but boxing month has been good to me so far. Just need to get that Lucario preorder in now and pray BB opens DDD and Ike preorders again.

EDIT:

Does BB merge preorders?

big_z

What's the cheapest way to get killer instinct season 1&2?

I know the complete edition is on sale for $59 right now but I'm not concerned with the original games and don't mind unlocking the outfits myself.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm... I just found out that the gamecube version of Zelda Twilight Princess are going for like 80-100$ on Ebay... I should probably sell my copy that's been sitting in a drawer for the last 10 years

Has anyone seen any good deals on a vita? I just cant justify $200, and boxing day went by without a deal. I am not interested in a PSTV, I have a long commute and would prefer the portable.

ohlawd

Has anyone seen any good deals on a vita? I just cant justify $200, and boxing day went by without a deal. I am not interested in a PSTV, I have a long commute and would prefer the portable.

better get that $200 ready

no point in putting something on sale that ain't even stocked. at least, in my area. haven't seen one anywhere for a long time

Yasumi

Banned

Amazon.ca has it for
99¢
off. Your best bet would be to get the Borderlands bundle and sell off the code for $20 or so in the BST thread. You could also try Kijiji and hope someone got a Christmas present they didn't want.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the days when this thread wasn't mostly about people complaining about what the thread is about!
Ditto. Happy New Years Canada GAF, may the E3 deals this 2015 be better than ever!

mdubs

Banned
Happy New Year Canada-GAF! May our shipping be quick, accurate and delivered on time this fine year and our discussion be fruitful.

Word hopefully we have a year where our pre-orders arrive on day 1 for all and canada post attempts delivery rather than leaves a notice and purolator goes out of business.

happynewyearscanadagaf

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm kind of assuming that Amiibo discussion will consume this thread regardless of whether there's a separate thread for it or not. So I'm willing to live with it.
At the very least, people should be using the NEW DEAL highlighting more.

ohlawd

still got a few more hours but whatevs, happy new years, CanadaGAF

I hope that these threads get even more overrun with amiibo and shipping talk.

Grimsen

Happy new year guys and gals!

Hopefully we won't get too many complaints that this thread is only about new year wishes.

Ondore

Anyone who ordered stuff by adding in Tekken 3DS or Trine 2 Wii U at FS/BB, are your shipments cancelled now?

I noticed those two are now "Sold Out" and don't have a release date.

suikodan

Happy New Year Canada-GAF.

After a Christmas without snow, we're getting a bit today here in Montreal. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy winter a bit more (I actually went outside with my boys for a BIKE ride...)

I have a question. my CC has been renewed so the expiry date changed. I modified my CC info on both BB/FS' websites but my pending orders still show the old expiry date.

Should I...
1- Wait for the system to "paste" my new CC card info to my orders?
2- Add "another" CC even though it's the same card only with new expiry info?

Have a nice one!

NYR

Hate to break it to you all, Don't expect the canadian dollar to stop its hurdle downward folks, not until the next OPEC meeting in June. We will be stuck in over priced gaming for quite some time. :(

Hate to break it to you all, Don't expect the canadian dollar to stop its hurdle downward folks, not until the next OPEC meeting in June. We will be stuck in over priced gaming for quite some time. :(

It's not that bad, I don't think I've spent more than $45 on a new release this year, just by waiting two weeks or more after release.

Between the digital card discounts, regular flyer discounts, multi game discounts, online promos, warehouse stores, big trade in values (got $35 for driveclub toward CoD.) lots of options!

And almost always you can find a Day 1 seller who has buyers remorse from an e3 sale and will sell to you at their cost or +$5.

I have looked around too, don't see anything. I'm actually looking to trade in my vita original for the slim model because I take it with me most of the time going portable. Nothing wrong with the original at all, but a little more battery life and a little less weight would be nice (plus an extra 8gb card is handy).

I wish a store would offer a decent trade-in value towards the slim.

On a related note, it is such an amazing portable system. Best ever.

Firestorm

Happy New Year Canada-GAF.

After a Christmas without snow, we're getting a bit today here in Montreal. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy winter a bit more (I actually went outside with my boys for a BIKE ride...)

I have a question. my CC has been renewed so the expiry date changed. I modified my CC info on both BB/FS' websites but my pending orders still show the old expiry date.

Should I...
1- Wait for the system to "paste" my new CC card info to my orders?
2- Add "another" CC even though it's the same card only with new expiry info?

Have a nice one!
You have to call and change each order over the phone.

Has anyone done that minimum $10 trade in thing at the MS Store? I'm thinking about doing it to get KI and an extra controller or rechargeable battery thing (the fact I have to buy this is stupid honestly). Just wondering if there were any surprise weird limitations

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get Windows 7 Home Premium at a lower price than 100$ or so? Recently built a computer but we were thinking of reusing one of our old licenses (from an old laptop) but then I read online that store-bought laptops/cpus' OS can't really be transferred....

Also, conversely, opinion on Windows 8?

Happy New Year, by the way! :D

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get Windows 7 Home Premium at a lower price than 100$ or so? Recently built a computer but we were thinking of reusing one of our old licenses (from an old laptop) but then I read online that store-bought laptops/cpus' OS can't really be transferred....

Also, conversely, opinion on Windows 8?

Happy New Year, by the way! :D

Windows 8.1 is great, it speeds up everything.
You should check the community buy/sell thread for a good price.

Top Bottom