• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I ordered a TV from Future shop on the 23rd, they charged me, and sent me a shipping notification email.

Checked Canada Post tracking that night and it said "Accepted", hasn't updated since. Who do I complain to?
Aside from you guys.

I did send an inquiry or whatever on FS, waiting to hear back.

isny

napkin dispenser
So I ordered a TV from Future shop on the 23rd, they charged me, and sent me a shipping notification email.

Checked Canada Post tracking that night and it said "Accepted", hasn't updated since. Who do I complain to?
Aside from you guys.

I did send an inquiry or whatever on FS, waiting to hear back.

You'll probably get it tomorrow. If not, call FS.

NYR

Anyone think I can get $400 for my ps4 with 2 controllers on kijiji? Wouldn't mind selling it to get a white one.

So I'm getting a TON of interest, I have 4 confirmed buyers at this price.

Am I dumb for doing this? I am thinking about getting the $469 bundle with Destiny and Far Cry 4 and then would sell the games for $25 each, netting it for $419.

I would need to buy a new white controller, The Source has them for $45 bringing me back to around $465, not including taxes, of course.

Thoughts? I can afford it, I would basically be paying an extra $90 or so with taxes, but it is solely for color.

Am I dumb for doing this? I am thinking about getting the $469 bundle with Destiny and Far Cry 4 and then would sell the games for $25 each, netting it for $419.

I would need to buy a new white controller, The Source has them for $45 bringing me back to around $465, not including taxes, of course.

Thoughts? I can afford it, I would basically be paying an extra $90 or so with taxes, but it is solely for color.

Is Far Cry 4 digital in the bundle? If so I might take it off of your hands (depending on some other things, and of course if you go through with this)

NYR

Is Far Cry 4 digital in the bundle? If so I might take it off of your hands (depending on some other things, and of course if you go through with this)

I honestly don't know, from the website, it looks like it is the disc, but I honestly don't know.

kennah

It's your money. How old is your old one? Justify it by the extra warranty ;)

I took advantage of the Alien Isolation Boxing Week price at Future Shop. Hopefully I'll like it.

My plan is to sell it for $40 after beating it, if I can. Or $30.

I think it's a waste personally, but I don't care about colour. Is the colour worth $90 + hassle to you?

Dazzler

Anyone got any experience with selling Lego on Craigslist? I want to sell the UCS B-Wing and UCS R2-D2, no idea of how to price them or whether there'd even be demand

My gf got an iPad and now I need to have one and I'm eyeing up shit in my apartment I could sell to fund it

NYR

Anyone got any experience with selling Lego on Craigslist? I want to sell the UCS B-Wing and UCS R2-D2, no idea of how to price them or whether there'd even be demand

My gf got an iPad and now I need to have one and I'm eyeing up shit in my apartment I could sell to fund it
Check completed listings on eBay. That is how I get an idea of what stuff is worth on the open market. There is an option for completed listings on the left hand panel after you search.

Always demand for lego. Man, I want to buy the UCS B-Wing one day...but most Lego keeps good value, especially if you have the original packaging.

Jinto

I have a few free SD movie rentals from the Cineplex Store to give out if anyone is interested. Their rental selection seems to be rather meh, but if there's a movie on there you wanna rent, let me know.

Big Chungus

Does anyone know if Shaw is charging people if they go over their internet bandwidth cap?

Im over by about 75gb and i'm sorta worried.

Is there any place that has the Final Fantasy Type 0 CE up for pre-order? I've been checking almost every week now and it's still not up.

which I long since threw out, oh well!

Still has value though, somebody always buys lego. Just don't expect to match the price of the NIB ebay sets.

I love to buy no-box sets since I'm just interested in the lego itself (and what it makes). Montreal doesn't have many CL lego sellers I guess.

Jashobeam

It looks like Square broke the "exclusive" mold for this CE though, in America GameStop and Amazon had it for sale, in Australia EBGames had it for sale.

Hoping Amazon/EBGames will sell it up here.

oh sweet, I'll keep an eye out for it then.

FrsDvl

Does anyone know if Shaw is charging people if they go over their internet bandwidth cap?

Lol. I used to be over about 200gb every single month. Never got charged anything. Not sure if I'm just lucky, or if they just don't care. I wouldn't worry though.
6dHx2iI.jpg

It doesn't go back very far, but I went from a 250 cap to 750 cap. So I won't be going over much anymore. I went over the 250 every month. Now I do a little better, although I'll probably put it down to 500, since they don't charge anyways.

Joeku

So I finally got around to ordering this this morning, but the price on the item has gone back up to $350. Weirdly it was sitting in my cart from two days ago at the lower price, and even though the page said the price had expired, it still let me order it at $330 and appears to have gone through.

Guess we'll see if they just cancel it on me, or give me shit during the in-store pickup.

Amazon.ca Pit order still hasn't shipped... I got FREE super shipping and bundled it with Luigi, and now I'm worried my Pit amiibo wasn't secured because they waited on Luigi's to arrive.

I hate that Nintendo makes so little of those. I was also forced to order Ike and Shulk from EBGames.com and take the huge hit on shipping costs because they can't be pre-ordered anywhere in Canada.

My Captain Falcon has bundled with my Shiek for a first week of February release.

I'm not sure what's going on. I should try Target today for a Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Argh, I'm still salty I missed the adapter by a few minutes... If EBgames got a new shipment, it must mean other stores will receive some too... right?

https://type0.na.square-enix.com/

I doubt they will sell this anywhere else, most Square Enix CE are exclusive to the Square Enix Store. Be prepared to pay up to wazooo for shipping and import fees.

Thats the thing. I've seen it available on the US EB Games and Amazon sites. So it isn't entirely SE Store exclusive. I've been checking every week hoping it just goes up. Amazon and EB Games here have the game up with the FFXV notice, but no CE. SqeEnix pls.

Also kinda sad some of the XBOne controller accessories aren't on sale at all. Specifically the plug and play (THIS THING STILL USES BATTERIES WTF) and the headphone adapter thing.

CanadaGAF, I need your help!

WD My Passport Ultra 2TB

Or

Seagate Backup Plus 2TB

Thanks!

I use 2 2TB Seagates internal in my PC, and I had 1 external 1TD Seagate drive... But that one broke stupidly fast. I've heard good things about WD's externals, and a friend of mine has had one for quite a while without problems. Go with WD

I wonder if XB1 controllers will go on sale this spring or summer. I'm tempted to buy a second, but don't game with others and have no real need right now. The sale prices are tempting, though.

I don't want to kick myself later on, but don't want to spend anything. Haha

Also, being that the things disconnect regularly, I don't want to buy another until they diagnose the issue and fix it.

flkraven

Wasn't it $109 for a 4TB on Amazon.ca just a few days ago?

I don't recall seeing this. Sad I missed it. Unless you see something available now, I think this 2TB is the best option right now.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Guess I'm going WD.

isny

napkin dispenser
I don't recall seeing this. Sad I missed it. Unless you see something available now, I think this 2TB is the best option right now.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Guess I'm going WD.

Lowest * $109.99 Dec 27, 2014

Seagate 4tb

http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV4000100/product/B00BFFQN3M

It'll probably go on sale again. I'd hold out if you can. Or maybe shoot Amazon a message and ask for the sale price? Worth a shot, their live chat is pretty good about that sort of thing. Just say you tried to order it but had problems or something.

flkraven

Lowest * $109.99 Dec 27, 2014

Seagate 4tb

http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV4000100/product/B00BFFQN3M

It'll probably go on sale again. I'd hold out if you can. Or maybe shoot Amazon a message and ask for the sale price? Worth a shot, their live chat is pretty good about that sort of thing. Just say you tried to order it but had problems or something.

4TB isn't in stock with Amazon anymore, only 3rd party sellers. I noticed the 3TB version is $104.99. So now you've got me in a pickle. WD is prefered to Seagate, so do I want either:

a) WD, 2TB, USB powered, $5 saved
or
B) Seagate, 3TB, requires power cable

Now I'm leaning Seagate, although I like the blue colour on the WD XD

isny

napkin dispenser
4TB isn't in stock with Amazon anymore, only 3rd party sellers. I noticed the 3TB version is $104.99. So now you've got me in a pickle. WD is prefered to Seagate, so do I want either:

a) WD, 2TB, USB powered, $5 saved
or
B) Seagate, 3TB, requires power cable

Now I'm leaning Seagate, although I like the blue colour on the WD XD

Amazon.ca has it, click on the link for more sellers under the new category. It's showing out of stock, but they'll probably replenish quickly. I'd at least add the item to my cart and open a live chat window to see if theyd be willing to adjust the price.

Hmmm... Price range would be "as close to free as possible". I didn't plan to buy a new monitor at all, but it started blinking randomly last week... I don't need anything fancy as my PC is hooked to my HDTV to play games and watch movies.

The one you linked looks pretty good. I'll keep it in mind!

The monitor I'm currently using is this one and is very good for how inexpensive it is. SO if you want to save $50 from that other monitor I showed you.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00AX9Z6MU/

MesH

They can't charge you more, I consistently go over my cap, all they do is call and try and get you to upgrade your service.

I wonder if XB1 controllers will go on sale this spring or summer. I'm tempted to buy a second, but don't game with others and have no real need right now. The sale prices are tempting, though.

I don't want to kick myself later on, but don't want to spend anything. Haha

Also, being that the things disconnect regularly, I don't want to buy another until they diagnose the issue and fix it.

Controllers rarely drop in price. $40 is likely the lowest it'll be for a long time.

Dualshock 3's are still $40 on sale.

Top Bottom