• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

whitehawk

Banned
CanadaGAF, I need your help!

WD My Passport Ultra 2TB

Or

Seagate Backup Plus 2TB

Thanks!
blog-survival-drives-by-month.jpg

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/

i-Jest

Sorry to ignite the shipping GAF flame....

Purolator failed to deliver my adapter AFTER leaving explicit instructions on how to deliver it. So now my ass has to travel up to Kipling Avenue to get the damn thing when I have the time. Really. Why can't EB Games just use Canada Post to deliver packages from the website?

Roto13

You know, my Canada Post carrier used to be terrible. Not even trying to deliver stuff. Just leaving the "failed delivery" card, even when I ordered a goddamn TV from them.

But this Christmas, they've been great. Delivering stuff on time. Actually knocking on my door. Maybe the last guy got fired. :p

Zeeman

What carrier does Chapters/Indigo use to deliver stuff? I got a gift card and noticed that they had Wonderful 101 in stock.

Zeeman

Canada Post, at least from my recent delivery. I was shocked that they had so many games avaliable online too.

Excellent. Yeah, their selection is better than I expected. I was actually looking for Azran Legacy (another game that seems to have quickly disappeared) but it looks like only TRU has that readily available.

NoWayOut

What is the best way to get an annual PSN + subscription? If bought in a retail store (Best Buy for example) do they apply taxes to the $49.99 price?

Sapiens

SirKhalid

Canuck GAF, I'm thinking of buying this TB Seagate External Drive and I don't even need anything THAT big. The price is right though. $142.99 for a 4TB external drive? I don't think I can walk away from that unless someones seen better. Anyone know how long the price dip will be in effect?

http://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV4000100/dp/B00BFFQN3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419988843&sr=8-1&keywords=seagate+4tb

A few days ago, it was 110$ from Amazon.ca. It was also at that price a month ago.

Anyone know any retailers that are selling Vita 1000 USB cables or chargers?

I really need to get another cable to play some portable Suikoden, I can't find mine after moving.

yes?

do people stop using their phones?

No, but they buy their phones outright/unlocked. Absolute robbery that cellphone carriers in Canada require a minimum of $80/month for an iPhone 6. I will NEVER pay that much. My plan with iPhone 5 is currently 2 GB and unlimited everything else for $50 per month.

isny

napkin dispenser
No, but they buy their phones outright/unlocked. Absolute robbery that cellphone carriers in Canada require a minimum of $80/month for an iPhone 6. I will NEVER pay that much. My plan with iPhone 5 is currently 2 GB and unlimited everything else for $50 per month.

This. Never doing business with Robbers again if I can help it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Yup. I'm so glad I bought my phone instead of being stuck with a contract.

Ryde3

What is the best way to get an annual PSN + subscription? If bought in a retail store (Best Buy for example) do they apply taxes to the $49.99 price?

Mine ran out on the 15th and I tried to wait out for a boxing dale sale and there was nothing. Couldn't wait any longer so, I bought mine off PSN today and I wasn't charged any tax, not sure if stores do though.

Ryde3

Also, just ordered a Diddy Kong amiibo off Amazon for 13.99, seems to be in stock. Not sure if he was a rare one but I couldn't find him at any stores.

Vamphuntr

Also, just ordered a Diddy Kong amiibo off Amazon for 13.99, seems to be in stock. Not sure if he was a rare one but I couldn't find him at any stores.

My ebgames has a wall full of this one. I'm not buying any but pretty sure the rare ones are the store exclusive.

UberTag

You guys have sold me on taking my business to Wind as soon as my contract with Telus runs out.
Going to order a OnePlus One phone from overseas sometime in the next couple weeks.

SickBoy

Yeah, I re-upped on a nice two-year contract ($45-55/mo. depending on how much data I use) and a Nexus 4 with Bell and the plan going forward is to live month-to-month once the contract is done, with whichever phone I choose.

In a simpler world, I'd just port over to Wind and be done with it, but I'm out of my local Wind zone at least once a month and I know I'd get destroyed if I ever went on a driving vacation anywhere.

Ryde3

Yeah, I re-upped on a nice two-year contract ($45-55/mo. depending on how much data I use) and a Nexus 4 with Bell and the plan going forward is to live month-to-month once the contract is done, with whichever phone I choose.

In a simpler world, I'd just port over to Wind and be done with it, but I'm out of my local Wind zone at least once a month and I know I'd get destroyed if I ever went on a driving vacation anywhere.

A while back someone in this thread referred to the 55$ Koodo 5GB plan, and I got it. PM me for the details if you want to. I got the iPhone 6 with a 10$ tab and I'm paying 65$ a month. Canada wide unlimited talk and text.

i-Jest

You guys have sold me on taking my business to Wind as soon as my contract with Telus runs out.
Going to order a OnePlus One phone from overseas sometime in the next couple weeks.

Any protective casing worth a damn for it? Seems pretty good but has call quality improved? I think that was one of the major drawbacks.

Thanks.

What can I expect from Monoprice's shipping? Would it be realistic to get it this week in Alberta?

Not with their Canadian shipping and the stat holiday.

Any protective casing worth a damn for it? Seems pretty good but has call quality improved? I think that was one of the major drawbacks.

I have the Ludia case and it's done a good job protecting my phone. Also, I haven't had any issues with call quality, possibly the clearest phone I've ever had and more than enough volume too.

I would agree with this, I avoid Seagate after my first one and the free replacement died in months. Bought a WD and it is still going strong.

Another unhappy Seagate 2.5" Laptop HDD customer, died also in less than a year. Worse my data was not salvageable (without using special tools)

I don't trust that brand at all anymore (as fa as HDDs go)

i-Jest

I have the Ludia case and it's done a good job protecting my phone. Also, I haven't had any issues with call quality, possibly the clearest phone I've ever had and more than enough volume too.

Sweet. Is it still difficult to get? I'm still reading up on it. Seems it's still highly anticipated by people in the know.

EDIT: When I have the funds for one and if I get an invitation, I'd like to buy that sexy 64GB version in the charcoal grey.

Top Bottom