• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Guesong

-Get a new job
-Celebrate said new job with an amazon shopping spree Wednesday.
-Pick fastest shipping because why not, they said "Guaranteed Delivery on Friday!"

And now I'm sad, because I don't know what happened over there but nothing has shipped yet. At least they automatically refunded my shipping charges...but my weekends plans are kind of ruined now. T_T Such a flimsy guarantee.

-Get a new job
-Celebrate said new job with an amazon shopping spree Wednesday.
-Pick fastest shipping because why not, they said "Guaranteed Delivery on Friday!"

And now I'm sad, because I don't know what happened over there but nothing has shipped yet. At least they automatically refunded my shipping charges...but my weekends plans are kind of ruined now. T_T Such a flimsy guarantee.

...But I got a new job, so I got that going for me, which is nice

Guesong

...But I got a new job, so I got that going for me, which is nice

It is! But my friends and I were having a beer and board games gathering tommorow, so I ordered a couple of new ones...well, the old ones will have to make due.

Sorry about the non-deal talk. I just wanted to know if its a relatively frequent occurence with amazon.ca that their one-day delivery borks or if I was unlucky.

I can't find Guilty Gear Xrd at retail. Has anyone had better luck? Or did you purchase from PSN/Amazon?

I have seen it a few times. I was at Video Games Plus the other day and they had it in.

I think EB had it in when I was there over the weekend as well.

MesH

The trade a game and get 10 bucks towards an Xbox One game at the Microsoft store is Canada also till Jan 4, you can trade up to 5 games for 50 bucks off one game. Got Forza Horizon 2 for 18 bucks with tax. Got rid of green day rock band, def jam rap star, Metro last light, Buzz and another game I can't remember, but it was games I couldn't give away so it was a good deal.

big_z

The trade a game and get 10 bucks towards an Xbox One game at the Microsoft store is Canada also till Jan 4, you can trade up to 5 games for 50 bucks off one game. Got Forza Horizon 2 for 18 bucks with tax. Got rid of green day rock band, def jam rap star, Metro last light, Buzz and another game I can't remember, but it was games I couldn't give away so it was a good deal.

Is there a list of games that work or is pretty much every game eligible? I have a copy of perfect dark that needs a new home.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find Guilty Gear Xrd at retail. Has anyone had better luck? Or did you purchase from PSN/Amazon?

Unfortunately, Canada never got Xrd on retail. Every single copy has English packaging only which means that they are US imports.
Damn you Quebec.

MesH

Is there a list of games that work or is pretty much every game eligible? I have a copy of perfect dark that needs a new home.
If it has a value of $.01 you get 10 bucks, so Yes pretty much everything. Has to be 360, ps3, ps4 or xbone games.

So, I bit and reserved an Armed Forces controller at Future Shop before the Boxing Day/Week sale ended. I picked it up today, got charged full price, then had to wait in line again to get the difference back since it was supposed to be $49.99, not $64.99.

I didn't have enough (or a credit card) to order the Midnight Forces one online, and it wasn't available in any local stores. In fact, I got the last controller in the store today. However, that's the one I want a lot more, so I'm trying to think of a way to make a straight exchange down the road.

Maybe I'll just go in without the receipt once a Midnight Forces controller is in stock and ask if I can swap it, but since there's no sticker on the box it may be difficult. I'd bring the receipt, but it'd show the sale price and they've gone back to normal.

It's not 100% right, but wouldn't really be fraud. I don't want to defraud them. They were both on sale for the same price.

X-Factor

Guilty Gear Xrd is available at amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KHDJBS2/
not really on sale though.

I have also seen it at GameCentre in downtown Toronto (the one near Bloor/Yonge station, Yonge and Charles) on Boxing Day.
I did not ask what the price was however.

Some people at RFD said their Bestbuy.ca orders shipped. I cancelled mine before then but ended up getting the limited edition at vgp.

Whoa, where is this?

Microsoft Store.

I went just today. It took me 45 MINUTES OF WAITING but I got my XBOne controller plug and play charging thing and KI. I'm... I'm kinda tempted to go back and get 5 more shit games from EB Games just to save some money on those Midnight Blue controllers.

For those in Toronto looking for Guilty Gear Xrd retail:

It's available at Iceman Video Games at Queen and Bathurst. :)

Iceman is a cool store. I normally go to the Kensington Market location, but I'll drop by the Queen & Bathurst location if me and my friends are in the area and finished eating at a restaurant. They always give me the best trade in's as well somehow. I usually go there, and Game Center near Yonge & Bloor.

Microsoft Store.

I went just today. It took me 45 MINUTES OF WAITING but I got my XBOne controller plug and play charging thing and KI. I'm... I'm kinda tempted to go back and get 5 more shit games from EB Games just to save some money on those Midnight Blue controllers.

Is this only able to save on a game? Can they accept a lot of games to save up for an Xbox One?

Canon

Banned
Don't buy the new Dell U2715H. Got mine today, horrible back light bleeding and a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Guess they don't test these before sending them out. Such a pain in the ass, now how do I RMA...

ohlawd

guess I'll calll my store and see what's up

searching the web, people are either getting
1. trade in 5 games, get $50 credit toward a single purchase (stack)
2. each old game is $10 toward a single item (can't stack) so if you have 5 games to trade in, you'll have to buy 5 different things and each will get $10 off.

would be sick if I get #1. Trade in like 2-3 games toward those play charge thingabobs. only gotta pay taxes in the end

Is this only able to save on a game? Can they accept a lot of games to save up for an Xbox One?

I... Guess? The way the duders there worded it was that I actually had a few options. I decided to just stack the 5 games and put it towards a purchase. So if KI + the Plug & Play Charger was $56 and I used the $50 trade in towards it, so I only paid $6.

They also gave me the option of just giving me a MS Store gift card so I can think about what I want to get later on (they have these?).

There really wasn't anything else I wanted, cause I own Sunset Overdrive, FH2 and Halo MCC, so I just got KI. I might buy like 2-3 shit games tomorrow, and just trade them in to get a controller cheaper. I'm thinking about pre-ordering Scalebound as well. Because fuck it I'm gonna buy it anyway cause Platinum, and there's a $10 gift card or whatever just for pre-ordering.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok, as stated earlier, Kijiji is really full of fucking morons but I have to admit... I'm having way too much fun replying to the trolls right now.

Roto13

Unfortunately, Canada never got Xrd on retail. Every single copy has English packaging only which means that they are US imports.
Damn you Quebec.

Aksys is shitty for this kind of thing. If they weren't the ones bringing the Zero Escape games out over here, I wouldn't like them at all as a publisher.

Megasoum

Banned
Anything worth sharing? I hate and love to post stuff on there for this very reason.

So I'm selling Twilight Princess for the Gamecube for 85$...

The guy last night replies

"What the fuck, is it made in gold or something?"

So I reply

"Look at the disk! It's all gold!!"

(For reference)

img_05831cu23.jpg

Then this morning he replies

"Dude it's not worth 100$"

So I reply

"Well... that's why it's not 100$ too!"

Anyway... I'm having too much fun.

antibolo

Banned
Aksys and Xseed never makes bilingual packaging for Canada. Doesn't mean they never reach Canadian shelves though, even in QC. This week I saw the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip at Future Shop in downtown Montréal.

If you're looking for an Aksys or Xseed game, EBGames and Microplay will usually carry it. Everywhere else is a crapshoot.

stn

You guys know where I can buy XBox Live: Day One Edition for a normal price? I need to renew Live and I figured I'd get it so I can get the Shadow Jago DLC for Killer Instinct. Thank you!

cerulily

Damn you Quebec.

I got the CE pre-order on Amazon.

Anything published by Aksys has problems it seems. Blazblue didn't even release here until over a month after the NA release.

krae_man

So I'm selling Twilight Princess for the Gamecube for 85$...

The guy last night replies

"What the fuck, is it made in gold or something?"

So I reply

"Look at the disk! It's all gold!!"

(For reference)

Then this morning he replies

"Dude it's not worth 100$"

So I reply

"Well... that's why it's not 100$ too!"

Anyway... I'm having too much fun.

Well to be fair the average sold eBay listing is in the $40-$50 range.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed you can. I asked for GTA V but they didn't have it in (this was the MS Store in the Eaton Center in Toronto) and they offered me a $50 XBL gift card instead so I could just get the game digitally.

Whoa. This finishes tomorrow or is tomorrow the last day?

Xenoflare

Since we are talking about Quebec, I have a little question.

I have a handful of games I picked up throughout the years that doesn't have French labels. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for example, and I picked them up brand new in stores too.

Are those actually U.S copies? I thought all games in Canada need bilingual packaging.

I'm in B.C for reference, from a language standpoint I know it doesn't matter in the slightest, but I thought the French packaging is always a policy of some sort.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I have a handful of games I picked up throughout the years that doesn't have French labels. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for example, and I picked them up brand new in stores too.

Are those actually U.S copies? I thought all games in Canada need bilingual packaging.

I'm in B.C for reference, from a language standpoint I know it doesn't matter in the slightest, but I thought the French packaging is always a policy of some sort.
I find a lot of niche games will have a cardboard cover over the game cover that features bilingual packaging. It seems to be cheaper to do that than to print actual bilingual cover some times.

NolbertoS

I think they're American copies or they could've had the French instruction manuals on the outside. I remember my PS2 copy of Tales of Legendia and Abyss had no french label, but the french instructions were wrapped around on the outside with cheap syran wrap. I use to care about french labels ruining the game, but I'm not that picky as the game is still in English.

Top Bottom