• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

soultron

Banned
Anybody think FS will have decent PS4 console/bundle deals any time soon? I finally got my $100 GC from my RBC credit card rewards, but I don't want to blow that right away if there's going to be any decent deals in the near future.

Madouu

Still waiting for my GTX 970 to show up at NCIX from a week ago now, and I ordered a goddamn in-store pickup.

Did you call them? My experience with ncix is that sometimes they're pretty content with just letting your order sit there without updating you if an issue comes up.

big_z

Anybody think FS will have decent PS4 console/bundle deals any time soon? I finally got my $100 GC from my RBC credit card rewards, but I don't want to blow that right away if there's going to be any decent deals in the near future.

not likely. there weren't really any great deals during the shopping season and the rest of the year tends to be quite dry with only basic deals now and then. very small chance you might see something around Canada day otherwise it'll be next holiday.

best way to get a cheap ps4 is at shoppers. have a shoppers optimum card and go on seniors day with someone over 55, give them the card to hand to the register and you can do the paying. you'll get 20% off ($90).

I saw a Sunset Overdrive Xbox One at the Yonge and Eglinton Future Shop in Toronto.

I recall someone looking for one a while ago.

Also, I know some people are having a hard time finding Guilty Gear physical but I do see that Amazon.ca has both the limited and regular editions on sale.

i-Jest

I saw a Sunset Overdrive Xbox One at the Yonge and Eglinton Future Shop in Toronto.

I recall someone looking for one a while ago.

Also, I know some people are having a hard time finding Guilty Gear physical but I do see that Amazon.ca has both the limited and regular editions on sale.

I was looking for the bundle but now it'll have to wait. Thanks for the heads up though.

Memory foam pillow from Futureshop came today. Thanks for whomever posted the link Got mine for $30 and these things go for $90. DAT pillow deal. Also, My Pit and Captain Falcon Amiibo's finally came in the mail today. Am happy :)

Jinto

Free 1 year PS Plus subscription with the purchase of any PS4 bundle right now at FS, which is pretty good actually.

ahdurian

there's a bundle now with a free year of PSPlus, but not sure how tempting that is or not

i-Jest

Has anyone received their 20th anniversary PS4 yet ? My order status is still at "Sent to the Warehouse".

I'm (slightly) worried because the credit card I used for preordering expired last month. My new card has the same number, but has obviously a different expiration date and security number. I should probably just call customer support to make sure.

That's something you should do ASAP.

Has anyone received their 20th anniversary PS4 yet ? My order status is still at "Sent to the Warehouse".

I'm (slightly) worried because the credit card I used for preordering expired last month. My new card has the same number, but has obviously a different expiration date and security number. I should probably just call customer support to make sure.

nothing yet, order status remains the same

Anyone have any ideas on where to find Pikmin 3? FS, BB, and WM are out. I guess there's Target, Superstore, and Toys R Us, and used copies from EB as a last resort. Sucks that it rarely went on sale and now they're really hard to find.

EDIT: I'm in Vancouver.

mdubs

Banned
Anyone have any ideas on where to find Pikmin 3? FS, BB, and WM are out. I guess there's Target, Superstore, and Toys R Us, and used copies from EB as a last resort. Sucks that it rarely went on sale and now they're really hard to find.
I recall Markham Walmart having 5 copies for full price a couple weeks ago, don't really imagine they have sold out.

Zeeman

There may still be some new copies in the wild. I was just at the EB at Promenade Mall in Thornhill and I saw they had a copy.

ahdurian

I saw some at Target in Etobicoke (Cloverdale Mall) last week, but not sure if they still have now

Dazzler

I was looking for the bundle but now it'll have to wait. Thanks for the heads up though.

Memory foam pillow from Futureshop came today. Thanks for whomever posted the link Got mine for $30 and these things go for $90. DAT pillow deal. Also, My Pit and Captain Falcon Amiibo's finally came in the mail today. Am happy :)

my pleasure!

Sleeping on them is a joy

They're thick enough that I only really need one of the two at any time

i-Jest

Wal-mart at keele and lawrence had 3 but I bought 1 full price on Boxing Day and a day later the others were gone. People weren't kidding when they said physical copies were drying up.

Sora_N

I regret not buying it during Staples clearance now, but I didn't own a WiiU yet.

Jinto

I regret not buying it during Staples clearance now, but I didn't own a WiiU yet.

That's when I picked up my copy. I regret not buying any Xbox One stuff from Staples, since I didn't have an Xbone then. Especially controllers and Dead Rising 3. That game is still $50 everywhere for some reason.

i-Jest

That's when I picked up my copy. I regret not buying any Xbox One stuff from Staples, since I didn't have an Xbone then. Especially controllers and Dead Rising 3. That game is still $50 everywhere for some reason.

Don't know about the whole country but I went to two locations in Toronto. One back in November and another just a few days ago. Both had clearance games. Picked up UMvC3 for the Vita back in November. The other location had nothing I wanted. Sometimes you just have to try your luck If you got time check out a few locations to see what you find.

just shipped :)

flkraven

I'm heading up to Toronto Saturday for Medieval Times, but I'm thinking about heading there early to shop around. What are some good place to visit when shopping for video games and Pop Vinyls, etc?

ahdurian

I'm heading up to Toronto Saturday for Medieval Times, but I'm thinking about heading there early to shop around. What are some good place to visit when shopping for video games and Pop Vinyls, etc?

POP figures, probably AnimeXtreme or Silver Snail. they tend to have loads of them.

Games, go with GameCentre, Gameshack, Iceman Video Games (Either Kensington or Queen/Bathurst locations). if you have the money, maybe A&C Games

aechris

I'm still rocking my OG Aqua Blue from 2011... I still haven't experienced XL. (°д°)

Anyways, does anyone have any experience with 99gamers? It seems interesting but I still haven't gathered enough info and experiences people have had with it.

I use 99gamers all the time and it's the REAL DEAL.

Seriously. Like every week I have some game coming in.

Question, anyone know where in Toronto I can find a shop that I can bring back my empty cans like in Montreal to get like 5 cents a can?

I got a few cases worth stacked so I can make a few bucks, if this is available here.

Anyone have a recommendation for an HDMI switch? Cheapest store options are about $30 but they're significantly cheaper on eBay/Amazon.

My only recommendation is to get one that is externally powered. Grabbed a cheap one that only used HDMI power a while back, it switched to another signal while I was in the midst of a boss fight in Demon Souls.

Apparently the issue is common with those kind of switches.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a recommendation for an HDMI switch? Cheapest store options are about $30 but they're significantly cheaper on eBay/Amazon.

Got this one, and the signal started getting corrupted after a couple of months. Avoid it unless you want to take a chance and you're extremely short on cash.

I replaced it with that one, and it worked perfectly for 6 months now. I recommend it!

My only recommendation is to get one that is externally powered. Grabbed a cheap one that only used HDMI power a while back, it switched to another signal while I was in the midst of a boss fight in Demon Souls.

Apparently the issue is common with those kind of switches.

When you mean external power, do you mean something like this?

I noticed this one is cheaper than the other HDMI switchers

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00815V9AG/

I'm also looking for an HDMI switcher. I have one of those Playstation 3D Display monitor things (got it on Boxing day 2-3 years ago for $99) and it only has 2 HDMI ports. I have 4 consoles that need hooking up love.

EDIT: Welp, whatever, guess I'll get that Kinivo one

i caved and got the ps4 destiny version from futureshop :/

sigh....

DESTINY HAS BROUGHT YOU HERE

Ryne

Got this one, and the signal started getting corrupted after a couple of months. Avoid it unless you want to take a chance and you're extremely short on cash.

I replaced it with that one, and it worked perfectly for 6 months now. I recommend it!

I can also vouch for that second one. Going on 5 months and it works great!
I can vouch for the second one as well, it is really good. Bought it due to the reviews by Gaffers. You don't even need the remote, it's smart enough to switch by itself once the system/tv/whatever is turned on.

NYR

So I'm getting a TON of interest, I have 4 confirmed buyers at this price.

Am I dumb for doing this? I am thinking about getting the $469 bundle with Destiny and Far Cry 4 and then would sell the games for $25 each, netting it for $419.

I would need to buy a new white controller, The Source has them for $45 bringing me back to around $465, not including taxes, of course.

Thoughts? I can afford it, I would basically be paying an extra $90 or so with taxes, but it is solely for color.

So I ended up buying the White PS4 I wanted from Best Buy at the very last minute of the Boxing Day sale. I already sold both games for $40 each, so if I can move my PS4 with two controllers for $400, I'll be pretty much be breaking even. Basically got a new console with a fresh warranty for a few bucks, plus got that limited edition white console, which I believe, is still sold out in most stores.

I also bought a 2 TB hard drive on Boxing Day and did the swap today, that was a lot of fun to do! Highly recommend every do it, it is worth it for $100 for something that will last you 5 years.

Banned
I wonder if Sony will ever release a non special grey PS4? No 20th anniversary logo or anything, just a coloured PS Logo and PS1 style console. I'll wait for that. Now that I've seen what a grey PS4 is like I don't want the black one lol.

Xenoflare

I wonder if Sony will ever release a non special grey PS4? No 20th anniversary logo or anything, just a coloured PS Logo and PS1 style console. I'll wait for that. Now that I've seen what a grey PS4 is like I don't want the black one lol.

Unlikely. Even if there are other grey editions they will highly likely in limited runs.

I saw two new copies at the FutureShop in Central City Shopping Center last time I was there.

Top Bottom