• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Xenoflare

I think they're American copies or they could've had the French instruction manuals on the outside. I remember my PS2 copy of Tales of Legendia and Abyss had no french label, but the french instructions were wrapped around on the outside with cheap syran wrap. I use to care about french labels ruining the game, but I'm not that picky as the game is still in English.

Oh yeah, especially with Nintendo's obnoxious "THIS GAME IS PLAYABLE IN FRENCH" label on the 3ds games' covers.

My Bravely Default and Alpha Sapphire....

I just checked, Ultimax's instruction booklet is in English only too.

Whoa. This finishes tomorrow or is tomorrow the last day?

This promo finishes January 4th, which is technically tomorrow. You could theoretically just dig up like a bunch of shit sports games for 3 bucks (I looked on their website, that's as low as it gets apparently on their site) from EB Games. Spending 10-20 bucks and turning them into $50 bucks. I'm kinda tempted to go out again tomorrow cause it's a REALLY good promo.

This promo finishes January 4th, which is technically tomorrow. You could theoretically just dig up like a bunch of shit sports games for 3 bucks (I looked on their website, that's as low as it gets apparently on their site) from EB Games. Spending 10-20 bucks and turning them into $50 bucks. I'm kinda tempted to go out again tomorrow cause it's a REALLY good promo.

Yeah I think he/she meant can people still do this tomorrow and does it end at closing. :p

I got 3 cheapo PS3 games I'm hoping to trade in, and hope I can at least get 2 more of any console at either EB there.

Is this 5 games per customer per location? I could always go to the Yorkdale location to do another 5 games if I find some.

ohlawd

Can you opt for XBL credit instead?

I asked and they said no. I know you guys live in Toronto but I did this at Metrotown in BC.

didn't fight it. not like I was gonna get anything from XBL anytime soon. Asked about acccessory eligibility and nope to that too. bummer but I didn't have any more games to trade in to take advantage of the deal even if they did say yes to accessories and XBL monies.

Qaloon

was browsing store on my xbone and found DA:I for 45.49. seems to be a glitch or something, seeing as how that price was for the sale that was going on a week and a half ago.

finally jumped in and bought, download only of course. xbone as far as i know

Sora_N

I tried to order with an EB gift card and the order fucked up. Now I try again and the card is empty. Wtf I hope I'm not fucked.

Do you guys think we will ever get Ground Zeroes PS4 physical copy for less than $6.80 new? Or should I just bite the bullet and get it digital instead?

I asked and they said no. I know you guys live in Toronto but I did this at Metrotown in BC.

didn't fight it. not like I was gonna get anything from XBL anytime soon. Asked about acccessory eligibility and nope to that too. bummer but I didn't have any more games to trade in to take advantage of the deal even if they did say yes to accessories and XBL monies.

You could just pick a big game with little to no cash out of your own pocket, and try to sell it as close to said value as possible on Kijiji or something.

Yeah, that MS store deal is great, but I can't think of literally one game I would get. Sucks you can't use it on Live or a controller or something.

What is happening with the GameCube controller adapter for the wiiu? I am out of the country currently but do not want to miss out getting this, heard it is rare. I need it for he game when I come back. Is it still available for order online or purchase anywhere locally?

What is happening with the GameCube controller adapter for the wiiu? I am out of the country currently but do not want to miss out getting this, heard it is rare. I need it for he game when I come back. Is it still available for order online or purchase anywhere locally?

Not at the moment. Came back on ebgames.ca for a few hours last week.

nah I'm too lazy to do something like that lol :p

Glad you got FH2 either way, my surprise this year, and I'm all Nintendo around here. XD, On 360 specifically which I got free with my 500GB 360 thanks to MS Store which was already $50 off during BF (so $200 for the whole thing, pretty good!).

I received mine from Amazon.ca on Friday, but I ordered it on its day of release back in November. I guess they are still fulfilling current orders before it's made available again online.

big_z

Wait, this is happening in Canada as well?

Shit. I should have tried for it.

today is the last day but its ymmv. some stores wont stack the discounts and are selective on what you can use the trades towards.

I want to trade towards a 50 xbox live card but it seems unlikely from reading rfd.

ahdurian

For anyone who lives in Toronto, do you know any place I could sell some games at, and get a reasonable price? (don't want to sell online just because of the hassle of shipping)

i-Jest

Not region locked. You can always wait for the 4 controller port version by Mayflash to be released or buy the official one on Nippon Yasan.

Don't know how you feel about importing but these guys will be restocking it in mid January. Don't know how legit they are though. http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-wii-u-systems/13401-nintendo-gamecube-controller-adaptor-tap-wii-u-en.html

For anyone who lives in Toronto, do you know any place I could sell some games at, and get a reasonable price? (don't want to sell online just because of the hassle of shipping)

I think there's a Toronto community thread, it might also be worth calling Iceman Games in Kensington Market/ Queen & Bathurst. That's normally where I sell my games.

iiicon

If Metrotown won't let you buy accessories, I don't think I'll bother. My backlog is large enough without adding a Far Cry 4 or Alien: Isolation on top of it. Would've been down for a Play & Charge kit, though.

whitehawk

Banned
Selling them directly to the buyer will also be the best bang for your buck. But for convenience, I go to Game Centre.

CADgamer

Neo Member

You can go downtown for Gamecentre, sometimes AC Games, and Hi-Tech games on Bloor Dufferin gives a good amount.

You can go downtown for Gamecentre, sometimes AC Games, and Hi-Tech games on Bloor Dufferin gives a good amount.

You mean the Hi-Tech games in Dovercourt? I've heard really good things about that place from a friend who lives in the area, but wasn't sure if it was worth the trip coming from Midtown. The other one was VGP's actual store I think in Wilson & Keele.

any insider/theories about ps4s for the next couple weeks/months?

sales maybe :0

eb fucked up my order with their promo and cancelled and told me after jan 1st.

now i want a ps4, but without any deals going around ! :(

Rfd is decent but I suggest being firm on price and specific on location to meet which should filter out many of the hagglers and unreliable people.

Also EB is good if you can "power trade" promo your way to a new game.

any insider/theories about ps4s for the next couple weeks/months?

sales maybe :0

eb fucked up my order with their promo and cancelled and told me after jan 1st.

now i want a ps4, but without any deals going around ! :(

Once people's holidays bills come in Jan, watch how many end up for sale. You can probably get one privately at (sale) cost of course with receipt from like Nov or Dec.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
In Oakridge Mall, they wouldn't let me get XBL cards or a MS gift card but I could still put all games towards a single purchase. Ended up getting KI for a friend.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

In addition to what everyone else said, there's Game Mania at Bloor & Keele. I know they take in a ton of trades, but I've no idea if their prices are reasonable.

chaosaeon

I've replied to a couple ads on Kijiji but not one person has ever replied. I just send replies with my email address saying I'm interested, can meet up to buy it and would like to work out time/place and details. No one ever replies and it's like my messages go off into a void. I've even tried calling the phone numbers they leave to contact them, and it's a voicemail every time to which no one calls back. It's like they want to sell their items, and then go into a coma if you're interested.

jholmes

In addition to what everyone else said, there's Game Mania at Bloor & Keele. I know they take in a ton of trades, but I've no idea if their prices are reasonable.

Is that place worth going to? Every time I drive by it I think about stopping in and the last time I went by I was this close to going in but there wasn't any parking, my girlfriend complained and the moment passed.

ATTN! For those looking for the Premium Edition of Persona Q, you can find one copy at the Futureshop at Yonge and Dundas!

You can grab it for $62.50 if you price match with Video Games Plus down from $90. o_O

I actually put the copy on the used PS3 game shelf after pondering whether to grab it or not, but decided not to as it wasn't worth forking over that much, even after a big save, for fluff when I might be able to grab the game on its own on the eShop for like $15 down the road. :p Also forgot to put it back so it's still hanging there misplaced. XD

So I managed to trade in my own home copies of SOCOM Confrontation, Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, and NHL 10, in addition to buying Kinect Adventures and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, both on 360 for $2.95, and all went towards a $50 Xbox cash card. :Dand I for

Might've done more if the fact I wanted the card was more obvious to them, they made it seem like it was games only, so they must've ONLY wanted a gift card, even though I mentioned Xbox credit. So time ran out for me to grab another set of 5 at the outside EB Games that I had put aside (Another Kinect Adventures, Kane & Lynch 2 on both systems, and I forget the last two. XD).

Oh well. :p So that's my "haul".

Iceman Video Games at Queen and Bathurst or at Kensington Market are my top recommendations. WONDERFUL people working there, and they are able to give you a little extra on top of honestly the best TIV's I've seen. Example, where New Super Mario Bros U gets you $18 at EB, Iceman gets you $30, and likely more if brand-new, and most stores never give you more for sealed stuff. :/

Renewed

I really wonder if I should have grabbed the Premium Edition of Persona Q instead of buying Day 1. But with no XL it wasn't optimal. Besides, even with the new 3DS coming out soon I don't think I want the XL version. :<

I'll probably make a visit down to Iceman when I need to visit animextreme for mah Gundams.

Also howdy CanuckGAF. Glad to finally participate.

Renewed

Honestly it depends. The main attraction is the 3DS XL hardshell case. It can house your XL easily and has a pouch for your games. But from what I've seen there isn't anyway to close that pouch so your games will flop around and fall out. Just add a velcro strap and you'd be good.

Everything else is typical Atlus: samples of art and music. Even the Tarot cards are just half a deck (the other half is in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax which comes with a Teddie bop bag). If these appeal to you then enjoy but otherwise I only see interest in the case.

Renewed

i personally love it
I just wish I was able to afford the Persona 3DSXL as well D;

Oh gosh I hate myself so much for that. I wanted it and even asked my parents if they wanted to get me a present in time for Christmas. I then talked myself out of it because of the new 3DS. Eternal sadness...

ahdurian

Oh gosh I hate myself so much for that. I wanted it and even asked my parents if they wanted to get me a present in time for Christmas. I then talked myself out of it because of the new 3DS. Eternal sadness...

exactly why I didn't order it.....well, that and I already have the LBW and Pikachu LE 3DSXL's

Renewed

exactly why I didn't order it.....well, that and I already have the LBW and Pikachu LE 3DSXL's

I'm still rocking my OG Aqua Blue from 2011... I still haven't experienced XL. (°&#1076;°)

Anyways, does anyone have any experience with 99gamers? It seems interesting but I still haven't gathered enough info and experiences people have had with it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is that place worth going to? Every time I drive by it I think about stopping in and the last time I went by I was this close to going in but there wasn't any parking, my girlfriend complained and the moment passed.

Their retro selection is on par with Ice Man and a bit below A&C. Prices seem to range from decent (ie; Game Centre about five years ago) to absurd (A&C now). I`m more impressed with their collection of plushies and other memorabilia. But then again, I do love junk. Their website is sadly a Facebook page, but you can see the sort of stuff they get in daily.

i-Jest

I'm still rocking my OG Aqua Blue from 2011... I still haven't experienced XL. (°&#1076;°)

Anyways, does anyone have any experience with 99gamers? It seems interesting but I still haven't gathered enough info and experiences people have had with it.

There's a thread about that right? I vaguely recall there was when I was new to GAF.

Top Bottom