• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

We should get used to these prices for Pokemon going forward in Nintendo's new one core platform era.

There will only be one mainline Pokemon release that will play on both console and portable hardware and it will retail for $60 CDN a pop or more for each version.

Right but that's not the same as $60 for a 3DS-only game.

Renewed

If the #FE Special Edition is $100 CAD, I could see myself being somewhat okay. But if it were $110, I'd probably be out on it and just keep my E3 order.

Ventara

Just placed an order for Tokyo Mirage LE on Amazon.com. Came to $97USD, which is currently roughly $120CDN, so it'd have to be $105 or less here in Canada for it to be better to buy here. We'll see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you go through chat you can easily get the shipping waived. Say it took long to arrive (and you bought it elsewhere), you found it cheaper elsewhere, it came damaged, etc.
If you say it came damaged and you send it back and it wasn't actually damaged, do they care?

Firestorm

Ugh come on Best Buy.

The codes will be sent to the email address you have linked to your Best Buy account when you placed the order. Emails are still shipping out as wel speak, as I had mentioned in an earlier post, these emails are going out in stages to avoid bouncebacks that might happen when a mass email goes out so I apologize for the delay, you're code is still in transit. Smiley Happy We were originally communicated a May 3rd Beta launch which is why the codes are going out this afternoon. The start time must have been bumped up.

Thank you again for asking about the email address on your order. I hope you enjoy the Beta! There's a lot of excitement over this one and I'm excited to hear how everyone likes it.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gaming/Overwatch-Open-Beta-Keys/td-p/150870/page/6

I was thinking about doing the PSN thing. Problem is that I think I lose out on the exchange rate bump. I think a $50 card adds $50 to your account no matter where you bought the card. I could be wrong on that.

Ahh okay. The last time I ordered from Amazon.com was 7-8 years ago, so I didn't know about that change.

Oh, no no no, I don't mean PSN credit, I mean buy digital PSN games from Amazon.com. Again, don't know if you can use those codes on Canadian PSN, but yeah. Nintendo and Xbox digital games may also be purchaseable?

SickBoy

So like is McDonalds not doing dollar drink days this year?

Hopefully the other posters are right and it's starting soon. I can only imagine it sucks for McDonald's staff. We'll frequently go just for a couple of drinks while it's on.

Gxgear

Sigh, should have pre-ordered Overwatch during E3, not to big on the game but damn do I want those wings...

Dollar is so bad it's gonna be a buck fiddy.

You know what, 1.50 isn't a nice convenient number. Let's make it 2!

I think McD will keep it at $1 if they run the promo; soft drinks cost them next to nothing, and it brings people in to order menu items.

Did you even try to wipe the smudge off of your disc before you sold it?

No. The smudge had been there for quite some time after using a wipe to wipe dust off. I didn't think it'd come off now.

It's not a big deal anyways, as I want to buy it digitally, or find another cheap physical copy. I plan to hold onto that game instead of selling and forgetting about it.

Why are you so concerned with my posts? It seems like you have something against me. I know I'm a big crazy, but it's just who I am and nothing I've done to try to help that (meds, psychiatry, therapy) has really helped.

UberTag

Game and dlc codes for US and Canada PSN are the same, I've bought many US game codes off Amazon.com redeemed them on my CA PSN.
Do these routinely go on sale on Amazon.com? Or at least often enough that we should pay attention to them in addition to the sales offered to us digitally?

lupinko

Do these routinely go on sale on Amazon.com? Or at least often enough that we should pay attention to them in addition to the sales offered to us digitally?

I buy if there's a good sale on like for their Black Friday deals.

I bought TRDE for $5 and FFX/X2HD PS4 for $18 or so last year.

LakeEarth

Oh, no no no, I don't mean PSN credit, I mean buy digital PSN games from Amazon.com. Again, don't know if you can use those codes on Canadian PSN, but yeah. Nintendo and Xbox digital games may also be purchaseable?

Game and dlc codes for US and Canada PSN are the same, I've bought many US game codes off Amazon.com redeemed them on my CA PSN.

Great ideas, thank you! The card doesn't expire, so I can wait until Black Friday or something similar and go nuts.

SickBoy

I know it's a frequent thing with PSN to launch with a screwy Canadian price, but how often does it happen on XB Live? Asking because I'm interested in SUPERHOT (just out!). I'm not SUPERKEEN on paying $22.50 for it, but that appears at par with the US price (and $12.50 cheaper than Steam).

Will buy it if it's likely they'll adjust it upwards.

Though it does look like a lot of non-retail downloadables sell at par on Live.

superbad

No. The smudge had been there for quite some time after using a wipe to wipe dust off. I didn't think it'd come off now.

It's not a big deal anyways, as I want to buy it digitally, or find another cheap physical copy. I plan to hold onto that game instead of selling and forgetting about it.

Why are you so concerned with my posts? It seems like you have something against me. I know I'm a big crazy, but it's just who I am and nothing I've done to try to help that (meds, psychiatry, therapy) has really helped.

I have nothing against you or your posts. I was just curious if you had tried my suggestions for cleaning the smudge.

Big Chungus

I need to change the shipping address for one of my best buy orders online, site keeps telling me to try again later but ive tried 10 times already.

Does this happen to anyone else?

jred2k

I need to change the shipping address for one of my best buy orders online, site keeps telling me to try again later but ive tried 10 times already.

If one of the items has shipped, you'll have to call to change it.

Fularu

Banned

Bestbuy's website came from the stoneage, you can't change anything once an order has been placed. You always need to call in (to change your payment info or your adress)

It's super annoying but it's usually prety smooth with them

So at this point are PS3 consoles discontinued in Canada? Can't find one anywhere beyond resellers on Amazon and want a back-up for my old fat model.

What the fuck Amazon? They just cancelled my remaining games from last year's E3 deal including Uncharted 4 and FFXV because my payment method wasn't up to date. I got a new card a few months ago but they never even gave me a warning. Uncharted 4... :(

FrsDvl

What the fuck Amazon? They just cancelled my remaining games from last year's E3 deal including Uncharted 4 and FFXV because my payment method wasn't up to date. I got a new card a few months ago but they never even gave me a warning. Uncharted 4... :(

Contact them, as far as I know they should give you a few days to update your payment information before they cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom