• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
so i just seen a retail version of Paragon hits stores on June 7th. is there any chance that that game would be included in the E3 sales for this year? or do they need to have dates after E3 to count?

I think it's only for pre-orders and so it would be a week early for the deal, unfortunately.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to cancel my shomi subscription and it won't actually let me do it lol.

When it asks if I'd like to proceed I can click No, but when I click Yes it does nothing.

I felt like going to the movies today, and noticed that both Everybody Wants Some and Green Room were playing at Landmark. So, a friend and I did a double movie day and drove out there. It made the trip worthwhile.

I'm posting this, because we used the Atom app for our second movie. It was great to see Everybody Wants Some -- which is really good -- for free.

I doubt I'll use the app again because I don't have a CC, or go to Landmark much. Cineplex is closer/better.

kevin1025

Banned

When it asks if I'd like to proceed I can click No, but when I click Yes it does nothing.

I noticed some writing to CraveTV on Twitter saying that they had to phone in to cancel their subscriptions due to there being no cancellation section on their website, and then when they would log in later their credit card was still in the system, some even being charged after cancelling. They sound like a fun company!

Shomi actually responds, so if you ask them about it they'll help you out.

I felt like going to the movies today, and noticed that both Everybody Wants Some and Green Room were playing at Landmark. So, a friend and I did a double movie day and drove out there. It made the trip worthwhile.

I'm posting this, because we used the Atom app for our second movie. It was great to see Everybody Wants Some -- which is really good -- for free.

I doubt I'll use the app again because I don't have a CC, or go to Landmark much. Cineplex is closer/better.

How was Green Room? I've been meaning to see both of those!

How was Green Room? I've been meaning to see both of those!

My friend had seen Green Room at TIFF, but was nice enough to go see it again. He said he'd loved it there and had no issue going again.

It was quite good. It's really brutal.

Everybody Wants Some is great. Dazed and Confused is better, but EWS is a very good and very fun spiritual sequel.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy only gives gift cards when you trade-in games, right? Can you use those on online orders?

And by the way, are EBgames and Best Buy the only options for game trade-ins? I usually sell on kijiji, but I'm pretty sure nobody's gonna be interested in the game I want to get rid of (Chibi Robo Ziplash... It really is terrible).

vulva

Definitely hit up Green Room. I saw it for the second time yesterday (first time at the TIFF midnight madness screening). The movie's great. Saulnier really hit his stride on this one I think, much better paced and interesting than Blue Ruin. It's very visceral without being obscene and creates a great atmosphere. I was worried that it might not appeal to many people since it wears it's love for punk on it's sleeve, which is something I can relate to but after seeing it with my friend who's AOTY last year was the new Carly Rae and she loved it too that dispelled my fear.

I'll probably see it once more in theaters.

killroy87

Before I put it up on craigslist, anyone in Vancouver in the market for Guitar Hero Live PS4 (game & guitar, perfect condition) for $50? PM me if so!

Best Buy only gives gift cards when you trade-in games, right? Can you use those on online orders?

And by the way, are EBgames and Best Buy the only options for game trade-ins? I usually sell on kijiji, but I'm pretty sure nobody's gonna be interested in the game I want to get rid of (Chibi Robo Ziplash... It really is terrible).

Yeah

Gift cards work online without issue

ohlawd

so this Atom app thing. I reserved seats for Civil War on Saturday. All I gotta do is go to the front, show 'em this QR code thing and walk right in?

New Deal
CDKeys.com has Overwatch: Origins Edition at the same price as the regular edition is on Battle.net ($49.44): http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/overwatch-pc-cd-key

Also has Battleborn for $38.45: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/battleborn-pc-cd-key-steam

interesting. at this stage prior to its actual release, would they drop the price even further, or is this more than likely as low as its going to get if one wanted to get Overwatch at a cheaper price?

Firestorm

Blizzard stuff doesn't normally drop in price until a very long time after I think (Diablo and Starcraft are their only game releases to really go off of this for). This is a CDKeys.com sale. I don't expect it to go lower as they don't sell the regular edition for that to be discounted.

Blizzard stuff doesn't normally drop in price until a very long time after I think (Diablo and Starcraft are their only game releases to really go off of this for). This is a CDKeys.com sale. I don't expect it to go lower as they don't sell the regular edition for that to be discounted.

yeah, figured as much.

also, if you "like" their facebook page, you can get a voucher code for a further 5% off. I went to the facebook page and clicked on the link at the top that said "CLICK THIS TO GET 5% OFF" and then it said to enter my email address. I used the email that I have associated with my cdkeys account and they popped out a voucher code for me to use at the checkout screen. I didn't actually have to login to facebook and like it.

important to remember that you need use the email address that is associated with your cdkeys.com account though.

kevin1025

Banned
My friend had seen Green Room at TIFF, but was nice enough to go see it again. He said he'd loved it there and had no issue going again.

It was quite good. It's really brutal.

Everybody Wants Some is great. Dazed and Confused is better, but EWS is a very good and very fun spiritual sequel.

I will definitely see both, then!

Definitely hit up Green Room. I saw it for the second time yesterday (first time at the TIFF midnight madness screening). The movie's great. Saulnier really hit his stride on this one I think, much better paced and interesting than Blue Ruin. It's very visceral without being obscene and creates a great atmosphere. I was worried that it might not appeal to many people since it wears it's love for punk on it's sleeve, which is something I can relate to but after seeing it with my friend who's AOTY last year was the new Carly Rae and she loved it too that dispelled my fear.

I'll probably see it once more in theaters.

As someone who loved Blue Ruin this gets me excited!

so this Atom app thing. I reserved seats for Civil War on Saturday. All I gotta do is go to the front, show 'em this QR code thing and walk right in?

You can do it that way or you can go to the self-check ticket machine and type in the 7-letter/digit code where it says "Atom Ticket ID - (Long number) - 7-DIGIT CODE" under the ticket on the app.

Sealtest

How does cdkeys get the keys? Am I going to have to worry months from now of blizzard removing it from my account?

for this price I might skip getting collectors just to save money.

kasane

grabbed this

thanks

should i get it too tusr-chan
jugg-dizzy.gif

Ryne

Anyone here do the Cineplex "VIP" movie experience yet? I'm going to the Queensway this weekend to watch Captain America in VIP, just want to know what it is like.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cdkeys.com seems to have responsive customer service at least.

Anyone here do the Cineplex "VIP" movie experience yet? I'm going to the Queensway this weekend to watch Captain America in VIP, just want to know what it is like.
Bigger seats plus you can order "adult" drinks and food. I guess it's as close to the Alamo experience that they can get.

vulva

You can get real meals at a pretty reasonable price, which weirds me out. Like I got a caesar salad and chicken parm sandwich for like 12 bucks, which is close to most restaurants. Completely threw me off when looking at the cost of normal theater food.

It's a nice way to watch the movie, but also I feel weird be waited on in a theater. It feels like I'm in some rich dude's house in a theater room he had built. It's not quite as big as a standard theater but it's a nice time I guess.

You can get real meals at a pretty reasonable price, which weirds me out. Like I got a caesar salad and chicken parm sandwich for like 12 bucks, which is close to most restaurants. Completely threw me off when looking at the cost of normal theater food.

It's a nice way to watch the movie, but also I feel weird be waited on in a theater. It feels like I'm in some rich dude's house in a theater room he had built. It's not quite as big as a standard theater but it's a nice time I guess.

Yup. That's the crazy thing about VIP. The prices for food and drinks are fairly reasonable.

Ryne

Nice, thanks for the impressions. Gonna bring my girlfriend to the movie even though she isn't the biggest fan, but man I neeed to watch this.

Kyolux

I unsubbed a month ago, I think I was getting that error too. Tried a different browser and it worked.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Guys, is it true that "Gold/Legacy" editions of games that include season passes are not qualified for E3 30% off at Amazon or Best Buy? Since Infinite Warfare "Legacy" edition with Modern Warfare remastered is $110, will we not be able to buy it with the 30% off discount?!?

It's the best. Especially day times - it's generally quiet singles or couples.

And real food at the seat, with tons of space.

iphys

Nintendo is really pissing me off with their 1.5CAD=1USD exchange rate of late. The dollar barely dipped below 70 cents for 1 week in January and it's like they just decided to pretend that it fell even lower than it ever actually did instead of actually improving ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom