• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Guys, is it true that "Gold/Legacy" editions of games that include season passes are not qualified for E3 30% off at Amazon or Best Buy? Since Infinite Warfare "Legacy" edition with Modern Warfare remastered is $110, will we not be able to buy it with the 30% off discount?!?
they probably fall under CE/LE so maybe. don't worry too much about it. some CE/LEs do fall through the cracks and get the discount. there's really no consistency.

zroid

Banned
I assume there is no official price yet, retailers are setting it to $60 now just in case the dollar goes to shit this summer. Obviously if the actual price drops they can adjust people's orders, but not if it goes up.

etta

my hard graphic balls
they probably fall under CE/LE so maybe. don't worry too much about it. some CE/LEs do fall through the cracks and get the discount. there's really no consistency.
Shit, hopefully this will be allowed. $110 bucks is nuts to pay, $77 is much more acceptable.

Fularu

Banned
Guys, is it true that "Gold/Legacy" editions of games that include season passes are not qualified for E3 30% off at Amazon or Best Buy? Since Infinite Warfare "Legacy" edition with Modern Warfare remastered is $110, will we not be able to buy it with the 30% off discount?!?

Higher chance for them to slip through if they are already up when the sale goes live

Enilced2

Anyone here do the Cineplex "VIP" movie experience yet? I'm going to the Queensway this weekend to watch Captain America in VIP, just want to know what it is like.

It is the only way my wife and I see movies in theatres now. So good with no kids around and all that extra room.

Side note has anyone got their Overwatch beta codes from BestBuy yet?

killroy87

Hmmm, will try to order it immediately then.

That's not what he means. He just means that CEs that already exist at the time of the sale (as opposed to newly announced ones) tend to slip through the cracks more.

Don't order it now, the deal won't apply to already existing orders.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's not what he means. He just means that CEs that already exist at the time of the sale (as opposed to newly announced ones) tend to slip through the cracks more.

Don't order it now, the deal won't apply to already existing orders.
Yea, I meant when the E3 sale kicks off.

I am hoping PSN preorders for Infinite Warfare give us the US prices for the first few hours. Got lucky with No Man's Sky.

Tapejara

Last year was the first Call of Duty LE I've intentionally skipped, because it was so much cheaper to just get the standard edition of Black Ops 3 during the E3 deals and then buy the season pass separately. If Amazon does the same thing this year and doesn't include the LEs as part of the E3 deals I'll be put in a tough spot due to MW Remastered. Let's hope for the best!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What? I thought it was going up recently.
Yes, 80USD = ~100CAD but I'm sure all these prices are set in stone for a while. We're paying an extra 10 bucks here right now.

---

Also, what was the reason people used to get free return shipping to Amazon? I forgot I preordered Battleborn and need to ship it back.

balohna

I didn't realize Purolator had such shitty hours, used to live near one so it was nothing to stop by. Now I need to take time off work.

Sealtest

Whelp.. Bought that overwatch key from cdkeys.com and cancelled my collectorrs edition.

How good are they with getting codes? Should I expect early or late?

Sooooo I just moved to Canada (Toronto) from the US and, uh, yeah, Canadian prices sure are...a thing.

I...hmm. I guess I'm a bit shellshocked. The OP is a good crash course, but...yeesh, this is something else. Any other insider tips/wisdom y'all can share?

diaspora

Sooooo I just moved to Canada (Toronto) from the US and, uh, yeah, Canadian prices sure are...a thing.

I...hmm. I guess I'm a bit shellshocked. The OP is a good crash course, but...yeesh, this is something else. Any other insider tips/wisdom y'all can share?
Preorder everything you're set on buying during E3. Amazon/BestBuy normally have preorder discounts.

Tapejara

In addition to pre-order deals, I've also found it helps to browse Best Buy's clearance section online. It can be difficult to time, but sometimes you can find really great deals before they become out of stock.

Edit: Also, welcome to the country! Enjoy some poutine :).

BUT ALL YOUR OLD MONEY IS WORTH 25% MORE NOW WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING

Basically we only buy games during E3 pre-orders, Black Friday, Boxing Day, and price errors. Or abusing coupons. Welcome to Canada!

LakeEarth

Hey GAF,

Due to a work thing, I received a $100 pre-paid Visa card that can only spent in the US. What would you guys suggest a Canadian do with this? I'm not going to the states anytime soon. I was thinking just ordering stuff from Amazon.com for a while (hoping I don't get hit with duty), but maybe you guys have a better suggestion.

Palehorse

Whelp.. Bought that overwatch key from cdkeys.com and cancelled my collectorrs edition.

How good are they with getting codes? Should I expect early or late?

I find the keys generally arrive the day before launch. I've been able to preload with no issues.

zroid

Banned
I have 185000 Optimum points ready to go. Do your worst, Nintendo!!!

I know you can only use 95000 at a time :(

Hey GAF,

Due to a work thing, I received a $100 pre-paid Visa card that can only spent in the US. What would you guys suggest a Canadian do with this? I'm not going to the states anytime soon. I was thinking just ordering stuff from Amazon.com for a while (hoping I don't get hit with duty), but maybe you guys have a better suggestion.

If you play games on PC I'd suggest buying digital games from one of the sites that deals in USD, like Green Man Gaming or GOG.com. No taxes, no duty. Not sure if the PSN game codes you can buy from Amazon.com work in Canada, but if they do, that would be another potential hassle-free option.

krae_man

Hey GAF,

With Amazon.com, you pay the taxes when you place the order. No nasty surprises when the package arrives in the mail but no packages sneaking through customs without paying the tax either.

UberTag

Oh hell no. I don't care if it's Pokemon, they can fuck off at $60.
We should get used to these prices for Pokemon going forward in Nintendo's new one core platform era.

There will only be one mainline Pokemon release that will play on both console and portable hardware and it will retail for $60 CDN a pop or more for each version.

LakeEarth

If you play games on PC I'd suggest buying digital games from one of the sites that deals in USD, like Green Man Gaming or GOG.com. No taxes, no duty. Not sure if the PSN game codes you can buy from Amazon.com work in Canada, but if they do, that would be another potential hassle-free option.

I was thinking about doing the PSN thing. Problem is that I think I lose out on the exchange rate bump. I think a $50 card adds $50 to your account no matter where you bought the card. I could be wrong on that.

With Amazon.com, you pay the taxes when you place the order. No nasty surprises when the package arrives in the mail but no packages sneaking through customs without paying the tax either.

Ahh okay. The last time I ordered from Amazon.com was 7-8 years ago, so I didn't know about that change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom