• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

Anyone bought backplates for N3DSXL? The paint job on mine is really shoddy and it just keeps peeling off

Is there anyway to buy them in-store?

RaidenXZ

What people don't understand is this is the geese's world, we're just living in it.

imagez3atf.jpg

A few gaggles of geese this morning almost made me late for work since they decided to cross Major Mack with their babies first thing this morning. They took their sweet time and went single file :/

Xenoflare

Really? That must be super annoying.

Do you use it much? Try to return it?

Uh no, I have it for over a year.

I did a few googling here and there and it seems like this is a common issue, but mine was a bit than this one for example.

The edges of the backplate where the seams are can be easily chipped, and once it's chipped it will only get worse, I don't understand why Nintendo will use this cheap method instead of the plastic on the OG 3ds for the premium feel

This can happen to all color variations, and worse on non black models since the plastic underneath is black regardless

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RKXkH00ASxY/VkDCY1bdnZI/AAAAAAAASSY/Z7br_5ARwW4/s1600/DSC_1134%281%29.png

iLLmAtlc

Anyone know the best, and cheapest way of playing Uncharted 3? I have Uncharted 4 (thank you Futureshop pre-order from three years ago) but I never played the third iteration. The entire collection is $45 on PSN or in-stores but that seems like a steep price to pay to play the game. I don't have a PS3.

If you've played 2 you've pretty much played 3. Seems like they just took the key uncharted 2 elements like dagger, cintamani stone, etc, replaced them with roughly equivalent artifacts to create a new adventure.

They don't really focus on developing the relationship between the principal characters either so I don't think it'd enrich 4's experience.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone know where to get a good deal or even a decent deal on the pi 3 in toronto? Kinda want one

sikkinixx

Man packing up the 55" tv to return and putting the 32" bedroom tv to replace it depressed the hell out of me. Buying a TV has made me realize how few outlets there are to buy a decent selection of TVs from in 2016. Bestbuy, Visions (though they really only sell Samsung, LG and a couple Panasonic/Hisense), Costco (low end TVs in the warehouses, very expensive ones online).... and that's about it. Sure some places like London Drugs, The Brick or whatever but they don't really have selection.

It's kinda crazy how few outlets there are now.

Dueck

Banned
EB starts a summer sale tomorrow, it's pretty big. Borderlands: HC for $20, Ratchet & Clank for $30, $30 off Garden Warfare 2 and Fallout 4, $40 off WWE and NBA 2k16, and more.... That's just all I can remember.

Madness

Man packing up the 55" tv to return and putting the 32" bedroom tv to replace it depressed the hell out of me. Buying a TV has made me realize how few outlets there are to buy a decent selection of TVs from in 2016. Bestbuy, Visions (though they really only sell Samsung, LG and a couple Panasonic/Hisense), Costco (low end TVs in the warehouses, very expensive ones online).... and that's about it. Sure some places like London Drugs, The Brick or whatever but they don't really have selection.

It's kinda crazy how few outlets there are now.

Even worse is how cheap almost every television is made these days. All but the flagships are a piece of crap and barely utilize any features that were standard a few years ago. Think of how many sets have poor viewing angles, cheap backlighting, no enhanced wide color gamut, almost 80% of televisions below 55" are back to only 60 hz etc, gone from upto 6 HDMI inputs to barely more than 2-3 for most models.

Ventara

Hey guys, did the PS4 physical copy of Life is Strange get a reprint without the bonus stuff (outer box and some small stuff; can't quite remember)? I saw it was $20 at EB, so I picked it up, but it didn't include any of that. Got it anyways, but I'm on the edge now and might return it.

Anyways, this is probably old news, but I saw that Guided Fate Paradox (New) was $20 at EB. Not sure how the game turned out, but if it's good, I think I'll pick it up on Monday

Ventara

Does Best Buy price-match? Thinking of getting a new controller since my current two have some slightly annoying problems.

Also, sucks that the UC4 controller doesn't get the discount too, would go well with my new gold headset.

BB does indeed price match :D

FrsDvl

I wish I knew about EB doing triple value on trade-ins before I went to get Doom.

I really wanted one of the pre order posters too. But they didn't get any. So I got 3 cards with monsters on them.

And I remembered why I never go to EB Games, do you want protection, do you want to pre order games, do you want the season pass, do you want to sign up for edge? Just leave me alone :( it wouldn't be as bad if they would just accept no for an answer, but damn they just kept on pushing me.

superbad

I wish I knew about EB doing triple value on trade-ins before I went to get Doom.

I really wanted one of the pre order posters too. But they didn't get any. So I got 3 cards with monsters on them.

And I remembered why I never go to EB Games, do you want protection, do you want to pre order games, do you want the season pass, do you want to sign up for edge? Just leave me alone :( it wouldn't be as bad if they would just accept no for an answer, but damn they just kept on pushing me.

I think the triple value was just on your trade bonus. Edge Platinum gets you 10% bonus on every trade, so in this case you would get 30%, not 3x the game's trade value.

I actually did a trade 3 towards Doom yesterday. There are still some relatively cheap turds on their qualifier list.

Lexxism

How does that work? I never actually did that before.
Just tell them that you want to do a PM of the item you want. They will ask which competitor it is and they will match the price and get the 10% difference. (They are pretty stingy lately with PM and they usually check the stocks first).

If $70 is the original price, and the sale price from a competitor is $50. You will get the item for $48+tax.

sikkinixx

Even worse is how cheap almost every television is made these days. All but the flagships are a piece of crap and barely utilize any features that were standard a few years ago. Think of how many sets have poor viewing angles, cheap backlighting, no enhanced wide color gamut, almost 80% of televisions below 55" are back to only 60 hz etc, gone from upto 6 HDMI inputs to barely more than 2-3 for most models.

Yeah the Vizio's are the only ones that seem to have 5 HDMI inputs, most stuff at their price level has 3 (or even 2). I get a lot of people have receivers that handle all that but it's quite annoying. It feels like more than ever you have to make huge compromises with TVs in terms of features and tech.

Sealtest

EB is 20 minutes away and it's not worth driving up there today. I'd maybe pricematch a DS4 at Walmart, but they'll want a physical ad.

Who are you pricematching with a manager or just a random employee? Walmart.ca clearly states you can pricematch using online in store i've done it before for dualshocks and other games.

Who are you pricematching with a manager or just a random employee? Walmart.ca clearly states you can pricematch using online in store i've done it before for dualshocks and other games.

Thanks.

I know. I just looked it up, because I remembered people here telling me that. I'd forgotten when I posted.

Last time I went to Walmart, the electronics employees hassled me because I didn't have a printed flyer. They told me they switched to only pricematching flyers. But when I was checking out of the main cash lines (groceries), I mentioned that and the CSR told me to try Customer Service because, "you never know."

So I did. They acted like they were doing a favour and pricematched it (Until Dawn) off of my phone. Didn't check stock, so they did do me a favour, I guess. The Customer Service lady had one of the electronics guys walk the game up, and he stood there with a puzzled/probably mad look on his face. When she finished ringing it up she told him, and I quote:

"I know. You guys did the right thing. We don't normally do it."

They're on sale for $50 (I believe) as part of EB Games' summer sale.

Oh yeah I remember that post. Seems like they just didn't want to deal with it so they just flat out lied.

Seems like it. Jackasses.

I had already walked to the Walmart at Square One when my friend took his nephews up to Playdium. It was cold and I was poorly dressed for it, but I wanted Until Dawn, so I walked the ten minutes to that Walmart. 25 minutes before close, but the girl wouldn't sell it to me because she had put the keys away for the night.

I emailed Walmart through their site, but was told I had to call and never did.

speiky

Does Best Buy price-match? Thinking of getting a new controller since my current two have some slightly annoying problems.

Also, sucks that the UC4 controller doesn't get the discount too, would go well with my new gold headset.
Well, according to the flyer it does no?
The smaller print states that the grey blue (reg. 79.99) is also on sale.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They're on sale for $50 (I believe) as part of EB Games' summer sale.

Seems like it. Jackasses.

I had already walked to the Walmart at Square One when my friend took his nephews up to Playdium. It was cold and I was poorly dressed for it, but I wanted Until Dawn, so I walked the ten minutes to that Walmart. 25 minutes before close, but the girl wouldn't sell it to me because she had put the keys away for the night.

I emailed Walmart through their site, but was told I had to call and never did.

If you don't like the service you're receiving, make sure you tell them to their face without being disrespectful. I've found too many customer service reps are willing to dick around unless you take a hardline stance against them knowing you won't put up with their bullshit.

I used to be like you, silently raging after at the shitty service I received but now I'll tell them to their face. Last week I ordered some pizza with friends which was supposed to arrive in 30 minutes but took over an hour. I called the pizza place back and straight up said "Did I make an order or did I make a mistake?"

Leeness

Bah, my Shoppers didn't have a copy of UC4 to get with the points.

I think I just have to wait until it has a bit of a sale on it. :( Hopefully it won't take too long...but I really shouldn't be putting $80 on my credit card right now.

RS4-

Would've bought that uc4 controller at Eb if I needed it. Instead I got MLB and r&c. Needed something to play if I get sick of uc4 MP.

Kyolux

Well, according to the flyer it does no?
The smaller print states that the grey blue (reg. 79.99) is also on sale.

Aww.. hadn't read the fine prints.

I'm probably waiting until payday before deciding if I'm getting one or not though. I've spent a lot of money I shouldn't be lately. :/

If you don't like the service you're receiving, make sure you tell them to their face without being disrespectful. I've found too many customer service reps are willing to dick around unless you take a hardline stance against them knowing you won't put up with their bullshit.

I used to be like you, silently raging after at the shitty service I received but now I'll tell them to their face. Last week I ordered some pizza with friends which was supposed to arrive in 30 minutes but took over an hour. I called the pizza place back and straight up said "Did I make an order or did I make a mistake?"

You're not wrong. I need to stop being so passive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom