• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I apparently forgot to cancel my extra uncharted 4 copy I ordered from Amazon God knows when. Anyway, anyone in the Edmonton area want a sealed copy with amazon code for $70? Shoot me a pm.

Anth0ny

>_<

I...think I might work in a building near you.
I mean there's not much to go on because the street outside looks like a generic work area but there are goose that hang around in the area and I remember recently I was walking to get lunch and I saw a guy trying to intimidate a goose that was hanging out infront of their building door.

There doesn't happen to be a La Prep near you, does there? =P

I'm in Vaughan, Weston and Langstaff area.

That goose lives in the parking lot at my work. We've exchanges glances since our fateful encounter, but he hasn't attacked me again... yet...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If you're interested in Uncharted 4, Doom, or Mirrors Edge Catalyst: EB Games has a Trade 3 Get $70 offer and there are a lot of eligible titles which you might have picked up over the years for cheap.

I'm gonna go dump Bloodborne, Project X Zone 2, and Ratchet & Clank for Doom today.

If you're interested in Uncharted 4, Doom, or Mirrors Edge Catalyst: EB Games has a Trade 3 Get $70 offer and there are a lot of eligible titles which you might have picked up over the years for cheap.

I'm gonna go dump Bloodborne, Project X Zone 2, and Ratchet & Clank for Doom today.

Was it recently that they started publishing their qualifying titles list?

Mupod

UC4 out for delivery again, let's see if canada post can get it right this time. Otherwise I guess it's Doom all weekend (it might still be). I went with cdkeys because I had a gift visa from work for just enough to cover it after the DOOM666 code. No way in hell was I doing the $80 on steam.

That goose lives in the parking lot at my work. We've exchanges glances since our fateful encounter, but he hasn't attacked me again... yet...

There was a pair of em blocking the rear door at work today. Not messing with that. Saw a whole gaggle of baby ones on the way in too, they were holding up traffic lol. Still cute though...for now.

c-murph

I ordered a Peach faceplate two months ago and it never came.

I ordered a second one last month and it took 5 weeks to get here and I got it today.

Both from Japan. What's up with that?

When I imported from Amiami a few years ago stuff cams within 1 week sometimes or two weeks max.

Its the shitty mail systems I guess. I order three packages from Singapore and Hong Kong... back in February. It took all three of them 8 weeks for them to arrive. I just about assume they where swimming them across the ocean.

Kyolux

I just looked and they're $120? Mine was $50 from Black Friday so I'd probably wait for a sale if you aren't in a rush. The UC4 edition looks nicer than the regular.

So I ended making an in-store reservation this morning. Going to pick it up after work.

Firestorm

I went through this recently as well. The only reason I preorder is due to the 30% off deal. It's better to preorder and cancel when you decide you don't want it than be stuck paying full price.

I kind of regret cancelling Overwatch now though. I cancelled Doom but I might pick it up for PC for cheap now.
G2A still has the cheap Overwatch Origins price I think.

Firestorm

Dumb question: what's G2A?
Another one of those key selling sites. Normally wouldn't recommend as it has become more of a reseller marketplace but the Overwatch ones seem to be directly from them and I saw screenshots on Reddit with Blizzard saying those keys are legitimate.

Use a code line ARCHON or whoever your favourite streamer is for another 3% off.

zroid

Banned
There's a few Am***o deals on Amazon right now

Animal Crossing 3 pack for $15.99
Inkling Boy for $8.88
Charizard for $10.99

many of the other Animal Crossing singles are $11.99 or $10.99

imBask

Banned
There's a few Am***o deals on Amazon right now

Animal Crossing 3 pack for $15.99
Inkling Boy for $8.88
Charizard for $10.99

many of the other Animal Crossing singles are $11.99 or $10.99

great now I ordered more amiibos, are you proud of yourself?

Past

Damn, no Overwatch. :(

SickBoy

Am I the only one who believes he preorders too much crap he'll never play?

Two days ago I canceled prety much very single one of my preorders except Overwatch, Monster Hunter and both Dragon Quest 3DS games.

Feels good canceling 25 games I'll be able to pick up for cheap years down the road if I really want to play them

Every E3 I'm amazed to see people's lists. I ordered seven games last E3, and that seemed plenty. With other preorder deals I have six games still incoming.

Hoping not to add too much to that number this year, because -- although I've been getting through the new stuff that I've been getting -- I still have plenty of older stuff to play.

Am I the only one who believes he preorders too much crap he'll never play?

Two days ago I canceled prety much very single one of my preorders except Overwatch, Monster Hunter and both Dragon Quest 3DS games.

Feels good canceling 25 games I'll be able to pick up for cheap years down the road if I really want to play them

Yeah I do it all the time. The 30% and shit CAD made it pretty rough last year. I canceled A LOT of games throughout the year. The only games that came in and I absolutely never touched were Transformers Devastation, Resident Evil Origins, and Sword Art Online Lost Song. I was pretty happy getting Destiny The Taken King for $50, Black Ops 3 for like $40, and SFV for $45 though.

FrsDvl

If I walk into EB Games to get Doom, what are the chances I could get a poster without a pre order? I never really shop at EB, but I want one.

If I walk into EB Games to get Doom, what are the chances I could get a poster without a pre order? I never really shop at EB, but I want one.

Don't think Doom is flying off the shelves, so they'd probably be pretty good in terms of stock - whether or not you have an employee willing to give you a poster or not is a different question...

Call ahead. That's your best bet

FrsDvl

Don't think Doom is flying off the shelves, so they'd probably be pretty good in terms of stock - whether or not you have an employee willing to give you a poster or not is a different question...

Call ahead. That's your best bet

I'll wait and see I guess. I'm going regardless, hope I can get one.

ovii

Doom just arrived! 5GB patch. :/

Also, during my sick day / uncharted 4 trophy hunt, I managed to get the platinum late last night. First uncharted plat. FeelsGoodMan

RS4-

Doom just arrived! 5GB patch. :/

Also, during my sick day / uncharted 4 trophy hunt, I managed to get the platinum late last night. First uncharted plat. FeelsGoodMan

Jesus. I'm only at Chapter 18 and feel like it's taking too long.

edit - who has a receipt for Street Fighter V from EB/Gamestop? I have to return it and I misplaced mine.

Anth0ny

There was a pair of em blocking the rear door at work today. Not messing with that. Saw a whole gaggle of baby ones on the way in too, they were holding up traffic lol. Still cute though...for now.

What people don't understand is this is the geese's world, we're just living in it.

imagez3atf.jpg

Iced

Doom on cdkeys is up $4 since yesterday. It Overwatch was any indicator, this will continue to rise. If anyone's on the fence, you might want to buy soon!

Doom on cdkeys is up $4 since yesterday. It Overwatch was any indicator, this will continue to rise. If anyone's on the fence, you might want to buy soon!

I was tempted on getting one of them but I think I'll just wait for a price drop. Already have Uncharted 4 in the backlog.

Kyolux

Doom for PC is being sold for $43.99 on cdkeys.com as opposed to 79.99 on steam if anyone was looking for a deal. and in case you might be wondering if cdkeys.com is legit or not:

cdkeys.com

******** <---- g2a

you can also get an additiional 5% off if you go to their facebook and enter the email that you have your account registered with

Never bought on cdkeys.. is the 5% (and that other one DOOM66 code) on that or g2a?

Wasn't considering this game, but I feel compelled to get it anyway. =_=

Oh.. Battleborn for $40.. I'll grab that too I guess.

edit: both bought.. guess there goes my week-end.

ovii

Never bought on cdkeys.. is the 5% (and that other one DOOM66 code) on that or g2a?

Doom is amazing so far. I was about to do the trade 3 for battleborn at EB today, but looked at the trophy list. Looks like it's going to be a huge grindfest. Also, Overwatch is around the corner.

killroy87

Battlefront on PC is a big gamble, it seems to have a rapidly decaying player base.

On another topic, I hope Amazon matches EB's sale. I want Borderlands, but have no desire to go to an EB.

Meelapo

Neo Member
Anyone know the best, and cheapest way of playing Uncharted 3? I have Uncharted 4 (thank you Futureshop pre-order from three years ago) but I never played the third iteration. The entire collection is $45 on PSN or in-stores but that seems like a steep price to pay to play the game. I don't have a PS3.

Firestorm

Anyone know the best, and cheapest way of playing Uncharted 3? I have Uncharted 4 (thank you Futureshop pre-order from three years ago) but I never played the third iteration. The entire collection is $45 on PSN or in-stores but that seems like a steep price to pay to play the game. I don't have a PS3.
Try Craigslist or Kijiji for the Collection. Lot of people got it with their PS4.

Clive

The only option you have apart from the collection is Playstation Now. There is a 7 day trial on Playstation store if you haven't used it already. Might not be the ideal way to experience the game though unless you have a very good connection.

Kyolux

Battlefront on PC is a big gamble, it seems to have a rapidly decaying player base.

If you mean Battleborn, yeah I heard Console base is higher, but by not that much.

I kind of want to play that and Overwatch on rotation anyway. And I don't mind if I have to play against bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom