• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOT DEAL

I apparently got the Ebgames summer flyer early this week. There's some decent deals in it starting this weekend:

MLB The Show 16: $49.99
Ratchet and Clank: $29.99
Bloodborne: $19.99
Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection: $19.99

Those are what stood out to me. I can post the flyer later tonight if anyone is interested.
Yeah. I am curious to see what they have. Thanks.

Samemind

You need it. :)

cpim9VM.jpg

RS4-

HOT DEAL

I apparently got the Ebgames summer flyer early this week. There's some decent deals in it starting this weekend:

MLB The Show 16: $49.99
Ratchet and Clank: $29.99
Bloodborne: $19.99
Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection: $19.99

Those are what stood out to me. I can post the flyer later tonight if anyone is interested.

Maybe I'll get MLB and R&C.

DEAL

I know the EBGames summer sale has been mentioned, but the poster missed another good deal.

Until Dawn - $19.99

Valid May 14 - 28.

Until Dawn is my 2nd favourite game this generation. I purchased it for $30 and loved every minute of it. $20 is a steal!

Clive

So anyone hear back about the DOAX Apr 7 customs thing? I called and they said it was still stuck there.

They're probably still investigating whether or not Marie Rose is actually of legal age.

Jokes aside, it seems a lot of people are having problems with packages from Asia recently. I'm awaiting one package from Japan from eBay about a month ago and one package from Play-Asia that was sent from Singapore on the 20th last month. I've been reading other Canadians having issues too.

Sora_N

They're probably still investigating whether or not Marie Rose is actually of legal age.

Jokes aside, it seems a lot of people are having problems with packages from Asia recently. I'm awaiting one package from Japan from eBay about a month ago and one package from Play-Asia that was sent from Singapore on the 20th last month. I've been reading other Canadians having issues too.

I ordered a Peach faceplate two months ago and it never came.

I ordered a second one last month and it took 5 weeks to get here and I got it today.

Both from Japan. What's up with that?

When I imported from Amiami a few years ago stuff cams within 1 week sometimes or two weeks max.

I say again, there is a thread on redflagdeals about this very issue. Been like this since Jan.

I'm trying to figure out what to use the $102 I have with Best Buy from trading in 3 games.

I was eying the PS4 Gold headset (either UC4 option or just regular one, not sure yet). Anyone has experience with this thing? I mostly want it for PSVR later this October, but I don't see the point of waiting to buy it. Is it good for the price?

Already have a PS3 Turtle Beach that works well, but I don't think it's 7.1 dolby and have a few issues with the way it works.

I looooooove the gold wireless headset. I was on the fence about buying one in the first place, but here I am two years later and I use them more than my typical speaker set. As Somebody who is very picky about headphones comfort, these are my favourite all-time headphones.

Firestorm

I loved my Gold Wireless headset until I put a Wireless Router near my PS4. Now the wireless interference is making it cut in and out. Not sure how I can fix it outside of moving the router which is gonna be a bit of an issue :(

I loved my Gold Wireless headset until I put a Wireless Router near my PS4. Now the wireless interference is making it cut in and out. Not sure how I can fix it outside of moving the router which is gonna be a bit of an issue :(

That's odd. Try changing router channel? My router is 12 inches from my ps4 and all seems fine.

Firestorm

That's odd. Try changing router channel? My router is 12 inches from my ps4 and all seems fine.

I'll try that. Basically I added an access point downstairs near the PS4. Hadn't turned it on again until Uncharted 4 and sound kept dipping in and out. Googled and all I could find was that it was likely wireless interference :(

Kyolux

I looooooove the gold wireless headset. I was on the fence about buying one in the first place, but here I am two years later and I use them more than my typical speaker set. As Somebody who is very picky about headphones comfort, these are my favourite all-time headphones.

Thanks, guys. Too bad stores are closed now. I'll go buy it tomorrow I guess.

My router is 3-4 feet away from my ps4, I hope it won't interfere. But yeah, I guess I could always change the channel.

Firestorm

Thanks, guys. Too bad stores are closed now. I'll go buy it tomorrow I guess.

My router is 3-4 feet away from my ps4, I hope it won't interfere. But yeah, I guess I could always change the channel.
I just looked and they're $120? Mine was $50 from Black Friday so I'd probably wait for a sale if you aren't in a rush. The UC4 edition looks nicer than the regular.

Kyolux

I just looked and they're $120? Mine was $50 from Black Friday so I'd probably wait for a sale if you aren't in a rush. The UC4 edition looks nicer than the regular.

I'm thinking of going for that one, and I'm assuming they're limited editions. So I may not wait, even though it'd be wiser to.

terrible

Banned
My girlfriend's mom got a soda stream. I have a few issues with it.

1) I find the quality of the carbonation subpar to store bought carbonated water.
2) It's still nearly as expensive as buying carbonated water if you use the Sodastream CO2 cartridges.

That being said, 2) can be solved by getting a non proprietary adapter and filling up generic CO2 cartridges for a fraction of the price.

Personally, I like PC carbonated water. The flavours are great, and it's significantly cheaper than competitor brands (e.g. Perrier, Nestle). $3 for 12 cans. Grapefruit is my personal favorite. Unfortunately, it's not as readily available as their other flavours.

I've only tried it when visiting my brother but the water I had seemed really well carbonated. It really isn't much cheaper than just buying carbonated water yourself but it's pretty convenient and you can experiment with different flavours if you want which is pretty cool.

UberTag

I ordered some 3DS faceplates from Hong Kong shortly after New Year's Day. They failed to arrive in a month as promised and the seller was not diligent about responding to my requests for follow-up so eBay promptly refunded my money and I ordered some domestically instead.

They finally showed up without warning sometime around the end of April.

That said, I've had no issues receiving product from Amazon Japan without delay so I guess they're not affected by whatever's going on.

Eoyote

Neo Member

You can also try plugging the headset adapter into a USB extension so you can move it away from your router.

ohlawd

PSN Witcher 3 Blood and Wine - 17.99

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...wine/cid=UP4497-CUSA00527_00-0000000000DLCBOB

are they gonna add american pricing to this? who knows, get it while it's hot!
maybe not. the previous expansion and the season pass were the same as USD pricing at 10 and 25

it's 10% off as a preorder bonus. it's back to 20 after it's out on May 31st

XBL - https://store.xbox.com/en-ca/Xbox-One/DLC/Blood-and-Wine/2d575ca4-913e-41db-afe9-5dd6db2d67e6

Doom for PC is being sold for $43.99 on cdkeys.com as opposed to 79.99 on steam if anyone was looking for a deal. and in case you might be wondering if cdkeys.com is legit or not:

cdkeys.com

******** <---- g2a

you can also get an additiional 5% off if you go to their facebook and enter the email that you have your account registered with

vulva

Doom for PC is being sold for $43.99 on cdkeys.com as opposed to 79.99 on steam if anyone was looking for a deal. and in case you might be wondering if cdkeys.com is legit or not:

cdkeys.com

******** <---- g2a

you can also get an additiional 5% off if you go to their facebook and enter the email that you have your account registered with
DOOM666 gets you like 6.66% off or something like that

Fularu

Banned
Am I the only one who believes he preorders too much crap he'll never play?

Two days ago I canceled prety much very single one of my preorders except Overwatch, Monster Hunter and both Dragon Quest 3DS games.

Feels good canceling 25 games I'll be able to pick up for cheap years down the road if I really want to play them

Two days ago I canceled prety much very single one of my preorders except Overwatch, Monster Hunter and both Dragon Quest 3DS games.

Feels good canceling 25 games I'll be able to pick up for cheap years down the road if I really want to play them

I went through this recently as well. The only reason I preorder is due to the 30% off deal. It's better to preorder and cancel when you decide you don't want it than be stuck paying full price.

I kind of regret cancelling Overwatch now though. I cancelled Doom but I might pick it up for PC for cheap now.

terrible

Banned
The only pre-order I ended up barely playing was Rare Replay. I've been pretty good at canceling games before release if I think they'll just end up in my backlog.

farisr

I went through this recently as well. The only reason I preorder is due to the 30% off deal. It's better to preorder and cancel when you decide you don't want it than be stuck paying full price.
Yup. I cancel probably 3 out of every 5 games I have on preorder either due to the game not convincing me it's going to be interesting enough, or simply having too much to play at the time, and I know I won't be playing it for more than a year by which time the game will probably be available cheaper.

Fularu

Banned

I kind of regret cancelling Overwatch now though. I cancelled Doom but I might pick it up for PC for cheap now.

Yeah Blizzard games take forever to go down in price.

I'm just waiting for Legion to be available for preorder and then I'm done for the foreseable future.

Sora_N

I canceled a lot already. E3s coming up again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom