• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryt

I stopped buying expensive clothing ever since I started working out. I went from 133 lbs - 170 lbs so my size kept on changing. I'll probably get back to buying expensive clothing again once I find my ideal weight.

Dazzler

I've never ordered from them in any way but that's good to hear. I may have to give them a try. what are the options like on fabrics? I hate some of the cheap wool that's out there. I usually go custom on suits as well, the cost is easily out done by the superior fit.

I felt a lot more comfortable ordering because I could go in to the showroom, have one of their employees do the measurements and see and touch all the fabrics in person

There's a LOT of choice + customisation options for the suit, so it massively helps seeing them in the flesh. Not really an option for most people tho

Are you guys just paying for the $8 shipping on the banana republic shirt? seems kinda excessive.

Of course... it seemed like a no-brainer after reading the product details.

"Grown in the American Southwest, Supima is superior cotton known for its lustrous feel and sturdy wear that resists pilling and shrinkage."

It's a nice looking shirt tho

FrsDvl

Can I interest anyone in a Mad Max Fury Road UV Code? Was going through my movies, and I'm pretty sure this one hasn't been used yet.

I'm sure everyone has this movie already, but posting it here anyway, since it's Canada only.

Quote to reveal

Redeem on flixster.com/getUV

Hot Deal:

Trade one select game and get Fallout 4 for free at EB Games, July 8-21. Minimum $10 trade value required.

I wonder if they'll let me trade-in my copy of Disney Art Academy. I was going to use it in the trade 1, get Song of the Deep free promo, but that ended before I made the 40 minute round trip. Now, maybe I can get Fallout 4 and sell it for $30 or so, then buy Song of the Deep with that.

killroy87

Hot Deal:

Trade one select game and get Fallout 4 for free at EB Games, July 8-21. Minimum $10 trade value required.

I wonder if they'll let me trade-in my copy of Disney Art Academy. I was going to use it in the trade 1, get Song of the Deep free promo, but that ended before I made the 40 minute round trip. Now, maybe I can get Fallout 4 and sell it for $30 or so, then buy Song of the Deep with that.

Well that's a good fucking deal.

Ventara

Hot Deal:

Nice! Will probably do this. Is there an eligibility list online like Song of the Deep had?

Edit: Nvm, just browsing the $10 eligibility list from their trade 3 promo.

Edit 2: Alright, Zestiria PS3 qualifies. Been looking to offload that for some time.

The minimum trade value for the Song of the Deep promo was also $10. I asked about Art Academy since it wasn't on the list, and the manager said he'd make it happen then. Hopefully he still will, as it was about a month ago.

It's still worth $40 new, so surely.

There's no eligibility list yet. The promo hasn't even been added to their site. You can find a $10 eligible list under the Trade 3, Get $70 promotion.

Hot Deal:

https://www.ebgames.ca/views/locale/content/pdf/tradeoffers/10-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf

Kyolux

Chewie, do you know if this deal includes the PC version? Asking for a friend. Not a big Fallout fan.

edit: nevermind.. he doesn't want to trade in any games.

zroid

Banned
if anyone is still looking for cheap first wave Animal Crossing am***o, Tom Nook, Lottie, and Mabel are all $5 each at indigo

Can I interest anyone in a Mad Max Fury Road UV Code? Was going through my movies, and I'm pretty sure this one hasn't been used yet.

I'm sure everyone has this movie already, but posting it here anyway, since it's Canada only.

Quote to reveal

Redeem on flixster.com/getUV

Already used. :/

A shame as I haven't watched Fury Road and meant to pick it up a while back.

Oh well, time to buy the boxset when I get paid next.

Faenix1

Wow. Is everyone seriously selling 500 mL Vanilla Cokes for $2.19-$2.39?

FINALLY found places selling it in my town but $2+ for a 500 mL bottle. WHAT.THE.HELL. I miss the stuff but not THAT much.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I finally tried Vanilla Coke the other day. While it was a refreshingly delicious reunion after 15 years, it was way too sugary as with most drinks. I'll stick with water.

"Stay where you belong, in my memories"

iphys

Wow. Is everyone seriously selling 500 mL Vanilla Cokes for $2.19-$2.39?

FINALLY found places selling it in my town but $2+ for a 500 mL bottle. WHAT.THE.HELL. I miss the stuff but not THAT much.

Maybe they actually use real vanilla? You could buy vanilla extract and add it to a cheap 2L bottle of coke, but best deal I've ever found on real vanilla is it's something like $8 or $9 for the PC 125 mL size. It would probably go pretty far though as long as you're not too liberal with it, like maybe 1 teaspoon per 2L bottle I'd guess.

I've thought about trading my used copy of Fallout 4 for a brand new one, but it's in pretty perfect condition, likely without any wear on it. I'm very, very careful with my stuff.

Sora_N

if anyone is still looking for cheap first wave Animal Crossing am***o, Tom Nook, Lottie, and Mabel are all $5 each at indigo

I'll cave now. Thanks haha.

Guess I'm getting Fallout. I wanted to get rid of Disney Infinity ever since I got it for 20.

Might get rid of some other crap too and sell the Fallout copies.

Xenoflare

It will be funny to watch the reaction of the salesperson when you do trade a copy of Fallout 4 with another copy of Fallout 4 though.

At least to me IDK.

I just saw the email/OCD with Fallout 4 free with a trade in a game that's worth $10 promo. I have gone digital for the past 7 months so I don't have anything to trade it at all besides DOAX3 (nope) and GTA5 (PS4, nope again).

So I decided to check EB Games website anyway since I've been watching some live streams of Fallout 4 over the last 2 weeks. I'm not a big Fallout fan but the game looks cool.

Ebgames has Fallout 4 PS4 (New) for $24.99 online order. I just ordered it with the fastest shipping possible cause of the CP strike looming.

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/720192/fallout-4

It's still $47.40 Amazon Canada, $44.99 Bestbuy and lol....$79.99 Digital off the PS Store. So anybody without a trade in option like myself and wanted the game cheap. This might be the best option.

terrible

Banned
I've thought about trading my used copy of Fallout 4 for a brand new one, but it's in pretty perfect condition, likely without any wear on it. I'm very, very careful with my stuff.

Sort of off topic I guess but I don't think I've ever had so much as a scratch on a disc in my life. I'm even careful with my cases when I put them back on my shelf so they're nearly all free of scratches too which isn't easy to accomplish.

Even with how I treat my games GTA V for 360 still broke on me though. Disc rot or something, not sure. I didn't play it for several months and then the next time I tried to boot it up I got a disc read error. The inner ring looked like it was starting to separate from the disc.

Corey31

If anyone is interested in Disney Infinity 3.0, Best Buy has a "final clearance" going on.

The Starter Pack is $19.99 for Wii U, XBOX 360, XBOX One, PS3 and PS4.

Then all the figures for 3.0 range from $3.97 to $7.97.

Purolator delivered my Marie & Callie plus one other package before 9 am today. Quick turn around. No slowdown here.

Purolator did good.

Kyolux

I finally tried Vanilla Coke the other day. While it was a refreshingly delicious reunion after 15 years, it was way too sugary as with most drinks. I'll stick with water.

"Stay where you belong, in my memories"

Yeah.. That's how I felt too when I tried it.

Then I tried it again a few more times over the last few weeks, expecting a different result. Somehow.

Nope. :(

Stay in my memories indeed...

flkraven

Hot Deal:

Are there a list of games anywhere?

EGM92

I'm looking for some help with importing Gundam Breaker 3 for vita. Are there any domestic sites that carry it? are there any import sites that carry the asian version (english subs)that wont charge an arm and a leg for shipping that wont go through Canada post ?

thanks

Dazzler

I stopped buying coke zero when they shrank the bottles from 591ml to 500ml and kept the price the same

Pepsi bottles are still 591ml (and tastier)

Maddog

Cheapest way to get Fallout 4 would be to buy Disney Infinity 3.0 for $19.99 + tax at BestBuy and then trade it in for Fallout 4 at EB Games. I think they only need the base and the game so you could keep the figures and the playset piece.

Kyolux

I stopped buying coke zero when they shrank the bottles from 591ml to 500ml and kept the price the same

Pepsi bottles are still 591ml (and tastier)

If we're staying with that category, I like coke zero better than pepsi max.

And I don't really mind the smaller size, usually get a can if I can anyway.

killroy87

Cheapest way to get Fallout 4 would be to buy Disney Infinity 3.0 for $19.99 + tax at BestBuy and then trade it in for Fallout 4 at EB Games. I think they only need the base and the game so you could keep the figures and the playset piece.

That's true. Keep in mind that I think they have been known to switch up trade in values on the fly, and that $10 list has a disclaimer saying don't take it as bible. It's totally possible they see the Infinity promotions and drop it down instantly.

Maddog

That's true. Keep in mind that I think they have been known to switch up trade in values on the fly, and that $10 list has a disclaimer saying don't take it as bible. It's totally possible they see the Infinity promotions and drop it down instantly.

Yeah. They technically haven't yet posted the July 8th list so it may change a bit. I see a few titles on the July 7th one that can be obtained for $20 elsewhere.

Edit: Found todays list https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/10-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf?

Linda Ward ‏@LindaWardCBC 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: Canada Post agrees to 30 day cooling-off period followed by arbitration. NO LOCKOUT MONDAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom