• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

N° 2048

anyone here of ebates? is it trustworthy?
you get cashback by buying online. saw a tv commercial for it lol

It is legit. It's all over RFD, however I used it once and never got my cashback.

Although, I was told not use adblock because it can mess up tracking of links on Ebates and I forgot to disable it -.-

I always forget about ebates. I wish that stuff could be embedded in the browser so I wouldn't have to remember it to get my money.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I am trying to buy a Vita but the 2000 is sold out online at EB, Best Buy etc. and way more expensive on Amazon for whatever reason. What do I dooooo.

Try Shoppers.

lilty

For those looking into trying PS VR.. locations and dates are up for Canada.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/trial/

Just put in your postal code in the zip code section. Make sure to check the actual dates the demo will be available.

Me, I'll probably drive to Western Ottawa to get to try it this Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll likely check it out in Kitchener. Really curious about VR but it's not something I'm wiling to put that much money into without trying it.

BadHand

Just put in your postal code in the zip code section. Make sure to check the actual dates the demo will be available.

Awesome, it's coming to me city. Do we know if there is an age limit to this? I would love to go along with my 8 year old

Apples_89

Battlefront's new DLC, Bespin, is $14.99 on PSN. The first map pack released at $20 so this could very well be a mistake. Act fast if you're interested!

Kyolux

Do we know what games they're showing? That will determine if I go or not.

Not sure if it'll follow the same list available as in the US.

Going by PS Blog that's the list

• PlayStation VR Worlds
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • Headmaster
  • Battlezone
  • SUPERHYPERCUBE.

I'm not sure what I'll want to try. Probably Battlezone or EVE I guess.

Firestorm

Thanks! Lower Mainland locations seem to be:

Richmond Centre
7/9 Saturday: 12:00 PM-5:00 PM

Coquitlam Centre
7/16 Saturday: 12:00 PM-5:00 PM

Guildford

Metrotown
7/23 Saturday: 12:00 PM-5:00 PM

killroy87

Richmond Centre

Coquitlam Centre

Guildford

Metrotown

Oh good, Metrotown. Nothing I love more than subjecting myself to fucking Metrotown...

Ok... so this is the first time I have ordered from the source online. Absolutely trash. First I got a email saying my stuff had shipped with a purolator tracking number, great I thought package is on it's way! check the tracking number the next day....this package doesn't exist. talk to purolator, yup doesn't exist. Call back the source and get told that they are reshipping and that I would get a new tracking number through email...still nothing contacted them today. Still no tracking number and still hasnt been shipped. WTF

Sorry for the rant, I just have terrible luck buying things online.

Richmond Centre

Coquitlam Centre

Guildford

Metrotown

Hmmm. Considering Richmond Centre - about a 20-minute drive for me. But I'm really hesitant due to potential lines. It is not worth more than 30 minutes of waiting to me.

RIP Shop.ca

thanks for the cheap copy of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I bought a blender from them once thanks to a ridiculous coupon, and then every other time there was a Shop.ca coupon I would look through the site and find absolutely nothing worth buying at the prices they had. The few games they had were constantly sold out. Then they switched to Aeroplan promos and any reason to go to the site evaporated overnight.

iphys

Just had an Amazon order ship with Purolator. What are the chances they actually leave it in the mailbox?

Good luck. They couldn't even figure out how to ring my doorbell the last time I had something shipped Purolator. I spent two full days held hostage in my home waiting for them to deliver the package, and they never rang my bell and left notices on my neighbour's door both times. They forced me to walk all the way out to their place in the middle of nowhere that didn't even have sidewalks to get my package, because they said they couldn't make more than two delivery attempts, even though they never made a single attempt to deliver the package where they were actually supposed to.

Kyolux

In other amazon.ca news fuckery...

I ordered Saga volume 6 back in March. It came out this week..

I got an email this evening..

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on March 03, 2016 (Order# XXXXXXX). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

Vaughan, Brian K. "Saga Volume 6"
Estimated arrival date:
August 04, 2016 - November 09, 2016

That's so helpful!

Hmmm. Considering Richmond Centre - about a 20-minute drive for me. But I'm really hesitant due to potential lines. It is not worth more than 30 minutes of waiting to me.

I pre ordered the bundle on a lark and am wondering if I should bother going to one of these. Hesitant to use a public VR setup in the first place and given the apparent scarcity of these things at release, even if I get it and hate it/makes me sick I'm sure I can sell it to someone locally if need be.

terrible

Banned
Ok... so this is the first time I have ordered from the source online. Absolutely trash. First I got a email saying my stuff had shipped with a purolator tracking number, great I thought package is on it's way! check the tracking number the next day....this package doesn't exist. talk to purolator, yup doesn't exist. Call back the source and get told that they are reshipping and that I would get a new tracking number through email...still nothing contacted them today. Still no tracking number and still hasnt been shipped. WTF

Sorry for the rant, I just have terrible luck buying things online.

The Source is usually really good with shipping, though they normally use Canada Post from my experience. You can thank the fear of a strike for your experience lol. That's probably why they're using Purolator.

I've demoed Until Dawn and Playroom. Both were pretty neat. But I don't think I'm willing to spend $750 (or even $500) on VR right now, before taxes. It's too early.

virtuo

Neo Member
RIP Shop.ca

thanks for the cheap copy of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I ordered from them once, using a "+shopca" suffix on my Gmail address. Immediately started getting a ton of marketing spam from different companies to that address, with matching junk mail to my home address. I emailed them asking for their personal data policy (thought it could be breaching anti-spam laws?) but never got a reply.

Dazzler

Richmond Centre

Coquitlam Centre

Guildford

Metrotown

yuck

Metrotown is one of the levels of hell, so I won't be attending

Stat!

Not a ton of locations in Toronto :( - I guess its worth the trek to try it out? How bad do you think lines will be?

lilty

Good luck. They couldn't even figure out how to ring my doorbell the last time I had something shipped Purolator. I spent two full days held hostage in my home waiting for them to deliver the package, and they never rang my bell and left notices on my neighbour's door both times. They forced me to walk all the way out to their place in the middle of nowhere that didn't even have sidewalks to get my package, because they said they couldn't make more than two delivery attempts, even though they never made a single attempt to deliver the package where they were actually supposed to.

Experience going well already. Tracking is saying "delayed to weather" even though it's a perfect day out there.

Kyolux

Not a ton of locations in Toronto :( - I guess its worth the trek to try it out? How bad do you think lines will be?

I have no idea. I'm hoping that the ones this week-end should be low-key enough that lines shouldn't be too bad.

But after that words will spread from people that found out through just walking in the store I guess?

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom