• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

out of curiosity, cheapest place to get an Evolve PC key that isn't some super sketchy key reseller? I know best buy had them on clearance for 5 bucks a little while ago. Maybe a bargain bin at an EBgames or something.

Linda Ward ‏@LindaWardCBC 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: Canada Post agrees to 30 day cooling-off period followed by arbitration. NO LOCKOUT MONDAY.

Awesome. My HD Retrovision cables weren't gonna make it and I've waited a very long time for those to go up for sale.

Hmm...so EB Games has dropped the price of Fallout 4 to $24.99. I was hoping to trade my game in then sell it for $30 or $40, but that might not be an option or I'll have to wait.

I'd be happy with $25 though.

Anth0ny

Not so fast.

As CBC has revealed, CP has agreed to the 30 day wait ONLY if the Union accepts binding arbitration. Which the Union doesn't want to do (because it kills their leverage). In fact, they refused it yesterday.

aww dang it

so many packages from Japan. just floating =(

Apparently EB doesn't take Disney Art Academy for trade, as it's not in their system. That's weird. (I just called).

I know the managers, so I'll see what they can do tomorrow or something.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
any deals for overwatch on console?

It's the most popular game of the year, I doubt it'll be seeing any discounts anytime soon. I picked it up during the Spend $100 Get $15 back promo essentially making it $65.

If it's any consolation, it's a fantastic game and well worth it even at full price.

daftstar

I did it. Traded in Zestiria PS3.

Oh nice. I'm thinking of trading in Smash 3DS as I only played it for like an hour on release and haven't touched it since. Although it'd be nice to keep it for my 3DS collection...

Anyone know if I can find a game that's on the eligible list for $10 lol? The Evil Within for example?

kennah

Oh nice. I'm thinking of trading in Smash 3DS as I only played it for like an hour on release and haven't touched it since. Although it'd be nice to keep it for my 3DS collection...

Anyone know if I can find a game that's on the eligible list for $10 lol? The Evil Within for example?

I'd pay $25 for Smash 3DS :p

Eoyote

Neo Member
Does EB offer any sort of ship from store to store? The item I want isn't available online nor here in any of my local stores, however there are a good number of stores in other provinces that still have stock. I wonder if they can have things special ordered to their store. When trading in my copy of Fallout today, I asked about another game and he even mentioned checking their head office almost as an indication they could order things in?

Renewed

Does EB offer any sort of ship from store to store? The item I want isn't available online nor here in any of my local stores, however there are a good number of stores in other provinces that still have stock. I wonder if they can have things special ordered to their store. When trading in my copy of Fallout today, I asked about another game and he even mentioned checking their head office almost as an indication they could order things in?

I remember asking my local store if they could have Project Diva F 2nd shipped over from Brampton and they did it. I think it's worth a shot.

daftstar

I'd pay $25 for Smash 3DS :p

Haha. Tempting but now I'm having second thoughts. I mean it is one of the most popular games on 3DS and playing online might be less of a lagfest now than during the release period.

If I can't find any of those games on EB's list for $15 or less then might as well bite the bullet and price-match it at BestBuy or Walmart.

CazTGG

Asking this again since I didn't get an answer: I've been looking into getting a new laptop (I missed the Source Nitro V15 sale for $999.99 since I took too long trying to price match it and it sold out/was delisted from the website entirely) and was wondering if there are any Canadian outlets or websites that offer custom laptops (aside from Reflex Notebook). Any suggestions?

YMMV: Call a store that has it in stock and ask to speak to the manager about shipping it to a given store within your area or even to your house as well as the additional cost of shipping (Ordinarily, they will offer free shipping on a good number of their items but again, mileage may vary).

I caved and finally picked up an infinity 3.0 set, at 19.99 I couldn't say no. Now the real question is what playsets are actually worth playing and where the hell is the cheapest place to get them?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember the dollar amount but they definitely will for full priced games and games with higher mark up. I had asked them to ship me Elite Beat Agents and they told me it wasn't worth it so I had to go pick it up.

Fuck EB Games. EBA is ALWAYS worth it.

Cynar

The pay isn't the issue. Job security and pensions are the hills both groups are willing to die on for obvious reasons.

It's not bs at all either. They can't negotiate forever. It's the same as when a people go on strike. Sometimes you need to escalate to get stuff done .
Yup. Those issues are definitely important for those workers. It sucks that our packages are a little later but I'd rather have more Canadians have decent jobs than get fucked.

Harusame

EB does ship items from store to store if the products required are not local. Just ask the employees if they can do an MTR for the item you wanted from the EB store in said location (Include store numbers as well). All the employees have to do is check in their system if said item is available at the location. After that, the employees would call said store and ask for the item to be MTR'd to their store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom