• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Elitist1945

I need to return a FS item to BB. The 30 days for a return start on the day an item was delivered. However, they attempted delivery on June 9th, and I was not there so it was moved to "Item available for pickup at Post Office". I was able to get it on the 16th, which is where my tracking marked the item as "Delivered". My 30 days start on the 9th or the 16th?

Thanks!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I need to return a FS item to BB. The 30 days for a return start on the day an item was delivered. However, they attempted delivery on June 9th, and I was not there so it was moved to "Item available for pickup at Post Office". I was able to get it on the 16th, which is where my tracking marked the item as "Delivered". My 30 days start on the 9th or the 16th?

Thanks!
I don't think it matters. I've returned things after 40 days from FS to BB.

jayu26

Bah. If I knew the statue would look awesome, I'd be more inclined. But they tend to veer wildly from acceptable to just hideous quality

I am not into the statue for this collectors edition, but if Sony turns all the creatures into Lego toys I would totally buy them. You hear that Sony. Lego Horizon toys. Make it happen.

Firestorm

I can't find my Wii U controller cradle and power cord =/ Anyone know the cheapest way to get my hands on those? I have a buyer ready to purchase x.x

23qwerty

I can't find my Wii U controller cradle and power cord =/ Anyone know the cheapest way to get my hands on those? I have a buyer ready to purchase x.x

nintendo sells refurbished power cords

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...alse&productId=prod610329&categoryId=cat10165

They don't seem to have the gamepad charger though

jk I found it https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...false&productId=prod90004&categoryId=cat10170

Weird though I also mysteriously lost my Wii U power cable a while ago, never found it, picked up a 3rd party one off amazon

this is the one I got and it works fine, decent bit cheaper than through nintendo https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EO5MJ0Q/

kennah

PM me your mailing address and I will ship you the cradle set for free. I bought a spare by accident and it's just sitting in my closet.

Firestorm

nintendo sells refurbished power cords

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...alse&productId=prod610329&categoryId=cat10165

They don't seem to have the gamepad charger though

jk I found it https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...false&productId=prod90004&categoryId=cat10170

Weird though I also mysteriously lost my Wii U power cable a while ago, never found it, picked up a 3rd party one off amazon

this is the one I got and it works fine, decent bit cheaper than through nintendo https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EO5MJ0Q/
Thanks! I'll probably grab the third party one. Seems to be a listing available cheaper directly from the manufacturer.
PM me your mailing address and I will ship you the cradle set for free. I bought a spare by accident and it's just sitting in my closet.
Wow thanks! At least let me cover shipping costs =) Maybe wait until after Canada Post strike is over though.

So no Canada Post Lock-out.. I'm guessing that they chickened out.

At this point I seriously doubt that they even will at all. On the bright side, everything I ordered online recently is either coming from Amazon's own courier service (which delivers on weekends apparently) or USPS or Purolator.

krae_man

Cross post from Toronto thread

So this sums it up I'd say. Me trying VR, my girlfriend not amused.

u9jDpVi.jpg

Welcome to Gamestop, where we sell Funco figures, used iphones and board games. What? you thought we sold video games?

killroy87

Welcome to Gamestop, where we sell Funco figures, used iphones and board games. What? you thought we sold video games?

I went into one of the Calgary ones during my trip home, and was taken aback by two things;
1) holy shit, literally half the real estate in this store is dedicated to non video game things
2) holy shit, why are these ugly funko toys so popular?

imBask

Banned

it's actually a really smart move to stay alive. They're ahead of the curve, realizing that physical copies won't be around forever

Kyolux

So EB went from a generic Electronic stuff store to a video game store to now non-electronic stuff as half their merchandise.

I guess that's a good example of adaptation if there ever was one.

edit:
Just waiting for the inevitable rename to "eh, games?"

oh wow.. I was trying to come up with a new name for them.. and couldn't figure a good one out, but that's really good. :D

Sealtest

Looks like the prices for preorder Nintendo games dropped to the real pricesa of$49.99 and $74.99.

If you preordered through amazon expect to have to chat/call and get your E3 price fixed.

I tried calling today and was told again I will be sent to marketing department.

So is money hungry Canada Post on strike yet? That start today?

Canada Post rescinded their plan to lock out employees today.

Really just part of the public-facing maneuvering between the two sides. CP doesn't want it to be a "lockout" but a "strike", because then it seems like the pressure is coming from the other side.

I want to be hopeful but this seems pretty much like two angry bears making sounds and daring the other to attack.

frequency

Looks like the prices for preorder Nintendo games dropped to the real pricesa of$49.99 and $74.99.

If you preordered through amazon expect to have to chat/call and get your E3 price fixed.

I tried calling today and was told again I will be sent to marketing department.

Ugh. I tried talking to them but it's like talking to a wall. Why is it so hard for them to understand what "20% off" means? I'm so tired.

Kyolux

This has to be the worst negotiation ever. How does either side have a leg to stand on when they don't commit to their threats.

Isn't as bad as public works negotiations.. Our agreement at work is expired since June 2014. The back pay is gonna pretty sweet, but I haven't had a raise since then because of that.

ohlawd

yeh I lost my discount on Style Savvy. too lazy for this shit right now. I'll contact them later this week. lol I can't even threaten to cancel because no one else has the game up on preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom