• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That xbone deal is insane but now might be the worst possible time to buy a console, with Scorpio and Neo coming

Yes but its a different ballgame. Current console plus 4 solid games, an extra controller, delivered now to your door within 2 days for $350.

Versus what is likely to be $450-$499 for a core system neo in 6 months, or a scorpio in well over a year.

Gotta game now! :)

imBask

Banned
Yes but its a different ballgame. Current console plus 4 solid games, an extra controller, delivered now to your door within 2 days for $350.

Versus what is likely to be $450-$499 for a core system neo in 6 months, or a scorpio in well over a year.

Gotta game now! :)

yeah I know, but the pessimist in me is telling me that it's still a bad idea because I expect that games will run like garbage on this console once scorpio and neo hit... Anyway i'd probably bite on the deal but I just bought another AC so i'll pass

also i'm kinda disappointed in what i'm seeing, waiting for some super secret deal to surface

Did they just randomly add a bunch of gaming deals to Prime Day? I didn't see these earlier or in the upcoming deals section.

Street Fighter 5 $45
GTA V $37.49 Console, $39.99 PC
Dark Souls 3: $49.99
Ratchet and Clank $24.99
Sony Gold Headset $74.99
MLB 16 $24.99
XCOM 2 PC: $39.99

Uncharted Collection $24.99 (came back in stock).

Kyolux

About to browse deals, wanted to catch up on here first to know what to look for. Nothing I guess.

Rigs and Playstation Worlds are up on Bestbuy and Amazon. $10 difference over the US.

Damn, I'll go digital for these games. At least I'll save on tax. I doubt there'll be much of a used market for VR games.

edit:
Well, Prime Day is awful.

Yeah, it is. Some mildly interesting deals, but nothing screaming at me that I must get.

soultron

Banned
Seinfeld complete collection on DVD for $40 though.

You'll also get a laugh for free if you search "Seinfeld" with the Amazon Prime Day filter applied.

Samemind

Hrm, I ordered an RX480 on Memory Express, since it was one of the few places I checked that didn't seem to show out of stock. But it hasn't shipped yet. Do you think they might have taken my order without having it in stock? My CC was charged right away....

Fularu

Banned
Hrm, I ordered an RX480 on Memory Express, since it was one of the few places I checked that didn't seem to show out of stock. But it hasn't shipped yet. Do you think they might have taken my order without having it in stock? My CC was charged right away....

They may have been waiting to see what Canada Post does.

The few times I've ordered from them, shipping was quick and efficient.

I preordered one from a local store weeks ago and they have yet to call me.

I bought a 1070 in that time. Whoops.

Vinc

Anyone here bought a PC recently?

I want to build something good for gaming, some video editing, and to learn Unreal 4. Anyone want to share their build and where they got it from?

I'm mostly wondering if an RX 480 or GTX 1060 would be enough for Unreal 4 or if I should really invest in a 1080.

More Amazon Prime Day deals up things are getting better

Battlefront Xbox One $19.99 (PS4 isn't a prime day deal but it's $27.99)
Assassn's Creed Syndicate $22.49 on consoles
Far Cry Primal $24.99 on consoles
Rainbow Six Siege $22.49 on consoles
TOM NOOK $3.99
Charizard Amiibo $5.99
Mabel Amiibo $3.99
Hyrule Warriors 3DS $36.90
Just Dance 2016 $19.99
Divinity Original Sin Xbox One $31.99 (it's $15 on XBL right now, so don't buy it from Amazon)

Rock Band 4 Guitar + Game Bundle: $79.99
Lego Dimensions is a wide variety of prices depending on the console but Xbox One version just went up at $49.71 which is the lowest among them.

Is rainbow six siege still alive on consoles? I've been waiting to grab it.

More deals up things are getting better

Battlefront Xbox One $19.99 (PS4 isn't a prime day deal but it's $27.99)
Assassn's Creed Syndicate $22.49 on consoles
Far Cry Primal $24.99 on consoles
Rainbow Six Siege $22.49 on consoles

Is rainbow six siege still alive on consoles? I've been waiting to grab it.

It was good on PS4 when I played it recently. It's a great game.

Sale is definitely heating up. Some Amiibo are in there for real cheap as well.

Erudite

This year's Prime Day deals are faring much better than last year's for me.

Picked up a Sennheiser 598, along with a bunch of clothing.

khaaan

Xbone controller for PC (wired) is on regular sale for $47.69, Xbone wireless is w. Win 10 adapter is prime day sale for $51.97.

Is there a way to check if you're getting the revised controller?

Also if I'm travelling can I grab anything that lets me plug one thing into another? Or do I have to look for something specific if I'm concerned about voltage? I'm pretty sure the PS3 is dual voltage but I've heard mixed things about the 3DS.

Dazzler

So many people playing Pokemon Go last night in Vancouver

I went out for an hour to catch a few and ran into six people catching zubats at a Pokestop with a lure node attached. Then I walked down to the beach and a bunch of people were trying to catch Charizard in the park

While it's a really simple game, I haven't seen buzz like this about games in a long time, it's awesome

I was curious to try it, so I set up a US iTunes account to download it

So many people playing Pokemon Go last night in Vancouver

I went out for an hour to catch a few and ran into six people catching zubats at a Pokestop with a lure node attached. Then I walked down to the beach and a bunch of people were trying to catch Charizard in the park

While it's a really simple game, I haven't seen buzz like this about games in a long time, it's awesome

I was curious to try it, so I set up a US iTunes account to download it

Someone setup a lure right now at my place of work. I'm just sitting here catching 'em all.

explodet

bunting. AI handles it like shit, so you get fucked if you're playing online.
I'm picturing actual baseball games trying to pull this off and I'm more amused than I should be.

The fans would be pissed.
3JpZyVy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom