• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says In Stock right now. $44.99.

D5Tij1j.png

nope sold out

SickBoy

Maybe for Prime Day Amazon will offer 20% off preorders again :)

I would reorder everything and cancel my original order, less Titanfall 2 @$50... in hopes that it might apply in a more expected manner.

SickBoy

So no Canada Post Lock-out.. I'm guessing that they chickened out.

On my street it's like the stoppage started last week. We rarely go two days without mail, and we've now gone three (or possibly four) days without delivery.

EDIT: D'oh, back-to-back posts. Quick, someone do a combo breaker.

shezbot

On my street it's like the stoppage started last week. We rarely go two days without mail, and we've now gone three (or possibly four) days without delivery.

EDIT: D'oh, back-to-back posts. Quick, someone do a combo breaker.

CCCCCCCCombo Breaker! :)

Successfully PM'd Fallout 4 at Best Buy today for $26 taxes inc.

Claranon

Neo Member
yeh I lost my discount on Style Savvy. too lazy for this shit right now. I'll contact them later this week. lol I can't even threaten to cancel because no one else has the game up on preorder.

I had a painless online chat with customer service earlier in which I was told I'd get the $8 back when Style Savvy ships and the CSR sent me an email confirming it. Not ideal, but if I have any problems I've got the chat transcript and that email for later.

So awesome that pokemon GO is nintendos most mainstream popular game in years, and its on mobile, of all things! No pricey separate dedicated hardware, finally ( except for that wrist thing you guys were just linking to at $45?). Awaiting our official Canadian release, still reading " within days", i've been seeing tons of android users with it today.

Back to chrono trigger, until then.

Any itunes cards deals this week?

So awesome that pokemon GO is nintendos most mainstream popular game in years, and its on mobile, of all things! No pricey separate dedicated hardware, finally ( except for that wrist thing you guys were just linking to at $45?). Awaiting our official Canadian release, still reading " within days", i've been seeing tons of android users with it today.

Back to chrono trigger, until then.

Any itunes cards deals this week?

In the GO thread, I was told that you are able to play it if you download an APK to your phone. So it's a question of whether you're willing to do that or not in order to catch em all

Chilikar

Hey guys I just wanted to give you a heads up, someone managed to get their hands on my credit card number and tried to charge $8000 on it. I don't know whether it was a Microsoft or Steam security fault since I made recent purchases on them, but luckily the bank caught it and cancelled the transactions. Better to be safe than sorry, I suggest taking off your credit cards from either platforms.

It's also entirely possible that someone walked by me with a card scanner or something and managed to get a hold of it.

Xenoflare

Hey guys I just wanted to give you a heads up, someone managed to get their hands on my credit card number and tried to charge $8000 on it. I don't know whether it was a Microsoft or Steam security fault since I made recent purchases on them, but luckily the bank caught it and cancelled the transactions. Better to be safe than sorry, I suggest taking off your credit cards from either platforms.

It's also entirely possible that someone walked by me with a card scanner or something and managed to get a hold of it.

Or it could be a skimmer, either way, more reasons to use you the prepaid cards, between buying a $20 card to make up that $1 difference and having my banking info leaked I'd always go with the former

Chilikar

Or it could be a skimmer, either way, more reasons to use you the prepaid cards, between buying a $20 card to make up that $1 difference and having my banking info leaked I'd always go with the former
I didn't know Skimming was a thing! From what I've read online just now, I shouldn't have a problem with this because I use the chip and not the magnetic stripes. I'm definitely going to use more prepaid cards now, it was just that the Ys series was on sale and I was worried the sale would end soon.

Also be careful with infected Pokemon GO apks...

Thanks for the warning, but I don't like Pokemon! It was not a Pokemon GO apk, but that definitely seems like a way for people to get a hold of some information

Staples has pencil crayons on sale for $23, instead of $31. I tried to reserve them in store on mobile, but couldn't -- it would just let me check out normally.

They wanted $15 for shipping!

Went into the Walmart thats not too far from where I live and noticed they had a clearance on PC games.

Don't know how many other stores are having one but The Division was on for $40, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Battlefield Hardline were all $7.77 and Assassin Creed Unity may of been the same price but I didn't see a clearance tag for it. Far Cry Primal was sold out but I think I saw it for $29.99

May be worth checking out for anyone else who lives close to one

Luigi87

Well ignoring that we are only half way through this thread, has there been any action similar to RFD recently compared to what went on in the previous thread?

ohlawd

I had a painless online chat with customer service earlier in which I was told I'd get the $8 back when Style Savvy ships and the CSR sent me an email confirming it. Not ideal, but if I have any problems I've got the chat transcript and that email for later.

aight rep just told me they'll escalate to their promotions team in 1-2 business days. didn't even tell me the potential of getting the discount reapplied. ahhh whatever, let's see what happens.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Local news showing a Pokemon GO meetup at the CN Tower but the game isn't even officially out in Canada yet...

josh924

Banned
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but apparently Best Buy has the Rock Band 4 guitar bundle on clearance for $50. The only catch (at least here in Edmonton)? It seems that none of the damn stores has had it in stock for the last week or so.

No link, by the way; I'm browsing from my XB1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom