• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Dark Souls 3, yay or nah

yay... unless you don't like these kind of games.

Cool. ordered Rigs, but just a fyi to people, if you have the PSVR Bundle ordered, Playstation Worlds is included with that.

Not sure what I was expecting.. But I was hoping PS VR games would be slightly cheaper than this. But yeah, already mentioned above, I'll pick these up digital to save 15%. Just got to figure out which games I want most on release.

Cool. ordered Rigs, but just a fyi to people, if you have the PSVR Bundle ordered, Playstation Worlds is included with that.

Still don't know if I should keep the bundle or the base unit. Bundle kinda seems like the worse value due to currency conversion and taxes, and apparently you don't need move controllers for all the games...

Kyolux

Still don't know if I should keep the bundle or the base unit. Bundle kinda seems like the worse value due to currency conversion and taxes, and apparently you don't need move controllers for all the games...

You don't need them, but they really augment the VR experience for the games that make use of them.

Having my hands in the Heist demo made it really fun. Might seem like a gimmick.. but it would have been a boring demo otherwise.

espher

Was looking at deals, went to check my bank account, saw fraudulent charges on my credit card. Second time in nine months. Card is only used online, so, presumably something on my machine that I haven't detected/found yet. Fun.

Ughhhh, well I couldn't resist.

I ordered the MVP Edition of MLB 16 (didn't care about the codes and was the cheapest version) for $59.99 last week. With taxes, signing up for Prime, buying the regular edition for 24.99 and paying shipping to return the MVP edition it ends up being $5 more expensive than just getting the MVP edition. Would rather get a year of prime for an extra $5 than have the MVP edition codes.

I spent 10 minutes at work doing the math on this trying to figure out if I should just return it. DAM YOU PRIME DAY!!!

Is the Uncharted Collection a good deal? I have Uncharted 4 and haven't played the other games

Anything else a good deal? Video game or otherwise? Too much crap to sort through like always

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess shipping talk, but the fact that Canada Post is taking forever to settle this labour dispute means that we're basically stuck with couriers for the next few months right? Blech.

yeah I know, but the pessimist in me is telling me that it's still a bad idea because I expect that games will run like garbage on this console once scorpio and neo hit... Anyway i'd probably bite on the deal but I just bought another AC so i'll pass

also i'm kinda disappointed in what i'm seeing, waiting for some super secret deal to surface

I understand where you're coming from. I'm in the market for 4KTV but I've just come to the realization that I can't distinguish between what is marketing vs useful features.

The market for 4K, both TVs and the upcoming consoles, seems quite small, so I doubt they would take the risk and put out something that runs crappy. Too much risk of tweet backlash these days.

So buy now, enjoy life.

shezbot

Is the Uncharted Collection a good deal? I have Uncharted 4 and haven't played the other games

Anything else a good deal? Video game or otherwise? Too much crap to sort through like always

I LOVED the Uncharted Collection. I'm notorious for not finishing games, and I couldn't stop playing them all.

Kyolux

I just spent $320 while laying in bed using my cellphone. Gonna wake up with a nasty buyers remorse hangover.

Instant Pot
Sandisk SDD
Bose earphones
Power bank
Travel charger

All stuff I needed and 30-50% off so I'm happy

I bought that instant pot too. Hope it works well.

UberTag

Just hopped on the Instant Pot bandwagon.
Seems like an incredible value as my first purchase for my new apartment... and my boss sold me on the idea of picking up a rice cooker last week so it's great timing.

Kyolux

Just hopped on the Instant Pot bandwagon.
Seems like an incredible value as my first purchase for my new apartment... and my boss sold me on the idea of picking up a rice cooker last week so it's great timing.

Yeah, this will replace my 6 months old $15 rice cooker from Wal-Mart.

Sealtest

Sent an email a few weeks ago to EBGames to cancel my pokemon go plus order on there since I ordered it from amazon instead and got an email confirming it was cancelled.

I looked today and the order still only says confirmed and not cancelled. Should I be worried about this and contact support or is this common?

Kyolux

I was looking at the SanDisk SSD's too. Might be a good opt ion for upgrading my PS4.

With Neo on the way, I half-regret upgrading to that 1GB hybrid a few months ago. I mean, it's probably going to be better than the stock hard drive, but maybe not.

farisr

yay... unless you don't like these kind of games.

Not sure what I was expecting.. But I was hoping PS VR games would be slightly cheaper than this. But yeah, already mentioned above, I'll pick these up digital to save 15%. Just got to figure out which games I want most on release.
Well these are some of the bigger titles that will be coming out near release (and they said the prices for VR games will vary greatly). And then there's the whole Canadian exchange rate thing.

If you actually do a comparison, they are still $20 & $30 cheaper than regular full-priced games over here, whereas in the US, they're only $10 & 20 cheaper than their full priced games.

All in all, I think we actually "lucked out" when compared to how other games are priced over here nowadays. Exchange rate wise we're actually getting them for cheaper.

Now if only Sony would reduce the PSVR prices by $50 to more accurately reflect the exchange rate. Sadly they have no reason to though as preorders at the current price are all sold out

Sent an email a few weeks ago to EBGames to cancel my pokemon go plus order on there since I ordered it from amazon instead and got an email confirming it was cancelled.

I looked today and the order still only says confirmed and not cancelled. Should I be worried about this and contact support or is this common?

There systems does that. You're probably good. I have orders on their site that did that and never shipped. If it does ship you can return in a store.

Kyolux

Well these are some of the bigger titles that will be coming out near release (and they said the prices for VR games will vary greatly). And then there's the whole Canadian exchange rate thing.

If you actually do a comparison, they are still $20 & $30 cheaper than regular full-priced games over here, whereas in the US, they're only $10 & 20 cheaper than their full priced games.

All in all, I think we actually "lucked out" when compared to how other games are priced over here nowadays. Exchange rate wise we're actually getting them for cheaper.

Now if only Sony would reduce the PSVR prices by $50 to more accurately reflect the exchange rate. Sadly they have no reason to though as preorders at the current price are all sold out

yeah, I know.. I know, not sure what I expected. It's just that $50 for glorified demos (PS VR worlds) is a tough pill to swallow, considering it's basically free in the move/camera bundle.

Also, yeah, that inflated price adjustment would be great. Not expecting it either.

Was going to ask you that - would've made nice gifts for xmas. ( i'm finally realizing how many people are into this)

Is there really nothing worthwhile?

My comment was based on personal preferences. The books I'm looking for aren't on sale.

I don't know a whole lot about some of them, but the Canadian Cottages one is pretty nice. I bought it at Walmart for $20, then saw it discounted 40% a couple of weeks later. It's not the best book, but has some nice images and lots to colour.

The Prismacolor pencil crayons are also supposed to be great. I haven't opened my set of sixty that I bought a few months ago, but plan to soon.

I was hoping other books -- like pre-orders for the Ninja Turtles one, the Deadpool book itself, or a pre-order for the horror one that's coming -- would be on sale.

My comment was based on personal preferences. The books I'm looking for aren't on sale.

I don't know a whole lot about some of them, but the Canadian Cottages one is pretty nice. I bought it at Walmart for $20, then saw it discounted 40% a couple of weeks later. It's not the best book, but has some nice images and lots to colour.

The Prismacolor pencil crayons are also supposed to be great. I haven't opened my set of sixty that I bought a few months ago, but plan to soon.

I was hoping other books -- like pre-orders for the Ninja Turtles one, the Deadpool book itself, or a pre-order for the horror one that's coming -- would be on sale.
My grandmother picks up sets of the prismas when they go on sale, apparently they are nice but break very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom