• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm starting to think it might not be possible to hold on until PS5, I really feel like getting the Pro lately, but I wouldn't even have anything to play on it until next fall ;_;
Horizon isn't a day one nor system seller game for me, Days Gone world looks intriguing as hell but Spider-man and God of War are unlikely to hit in 2017. At least there's Detroit that's probably a lock for 2017, and I can replay Uncharted 4 in HDR and grab Ratchet and Clank... but I dunno how far out PS5 is at that point, getting the Pro in 2017 only for it to last two years... if it would last 4 years in total it would be better.
Fuck.

Amazon.com's threshold is also $35, but Prime in the US confers so many more benefits than its Canadian counterpart (20% off all pre-orders, music, video, etc.)

Wal-Mart has already upped their free shipping to $50 and included a $5 handling fee for shipping <$25 orders to a CP outlet.

I have a feeling Best Buy will be next. Their retail stores have turned into a glorified return depot and every time they take back an opened item they're losing money.

I miss Target.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm starting to think it might not be possible to hold on until PS5, I really feel like getting the Pro lately, but I wouldn't even have anything to play on it until next fall ;_;
Horizon isn't a day one nor system seller game for me, Days Gone world looks intriguing as hell but Spider-man and God of War are unlikely to hit in 2017. At least there's Detroit that's probably a lock for 2017, and I can replay Uncharted 4 in HDR and grab Ratchet and Clank... but I dunno how far out PS5 is at that point, getting the Pro in 2017 only for it to last two years... if it would last 4 years in total it would be better.
Fuck.

I think we'll be okay with the Pro for a while. I'm just guessing at this point, but I don't think it's coming in 2018 like some have been saying. I think we're on a three year cycle now, but the PS5 will be at the three year mark and be backwards compatible.

I get the feeling Spider-Man is aiming for the movie next year (even though I don't think it's tied into it), Days Gone might be their summer Last of Us/Uncharted game, and God of War is maybe their fall game (so spring, since it's Sony tradition, haha).

So I think the Pro will last three, maybe even four years! But it's only opinion until the rumors start cropping up!

Shoeless

So I think the Pro will last three, maybe even four years! But it's only opinion until the rumors start cropping up!

I think this is a reasonable guess. You don't want to release new hardware, only to tell people the very next year that it's already out of date. It's a way to extend the life-span of a console generation without falling too far behind, the way the Xbox 360 and PS3 did last generation.

It does make me wonder how long Microsoft wants to keep going with this generation if they're releasing Scorpio next year, though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think we'll be okay with the Pro for a while. I'm just guessing at this point, but I don't think it's coming in 2018 like some have been saying. I think we're on a three year cycle now, but the PS5 will be at the three year mark and be backwards compatible.

I get the feeling Spider-Man is aiming for the movie next year (even though I don't think it's tied into it), Days Gone might be their summer Last of Us/Uncharted game, and God of War is maybe their fall game (so spring, since it's Sony tradition, haha).

If Spider-Man is 2017 then that will make the decision easy because I'll just get a bundle, but I think they would have already said so if it was coming by Q4 2017 because that is 12 mo ths away. Unless they reveal the date at PSX.

Kyolux

Our Prime will also increase to 100$ while still being the exact same shitty service.

Is that guess-work or confirmed? I must say I haven't looked. But at this point, if that's the case. Well I'm out.

edit:

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Complaining Thread 8: Renew your mortgage for that new game

Gxgear

With PS+ prices up tomorrow curious how far out everyone is set up with PSN now?

I ended up using a few of those futureshop card deals. And am now locked in until .... 2022.

Bring on the PS5!
2022 as well. Originally only to 2020 but Best buy had the visa checkout offer for 20 off 100 so I picked up 2 more years.

farisr

With PS+ prices up tomorrow curious how far out everyone is set up with PSN now?

I ended up using a few of those futureshop card deals. And am now locked in until .... 2022.

Bring on the PS5!

Thanks to those $20 - $30 deals that were happening before the PS4 released. Ended up getting so much because friends initially wanted it and asked me to pick them up, but then backed out, and I decided to keep them. They're now regretting that decision.
If Spider-Man is 2017 then that will make the decision easy because I'll just get a bundle, but I think they would have already said so if it was coming by Q4 2017 because that is 12 mo ths away. Unless they reveal the date at PSX.
I think Sony's being extra careful about announcing release dates/years now after having to delay some games.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stop giving out an estimated year of release, and will only announce set release dates for their titles when they're about 6 months (or less) away from release.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think Sony's being extra careful about announcing release dates/years now after having to delay some games.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stop giving out an estimated year of release, and will only announce set release dates for their titles when they're about 6 months (or less) away from release.
I hope so, it would be insane if God of War, Detroit, Spider-Man, and Days Gone would ALL release in Q3-Q4 2017 =O

Too late, it was one of their limited-time promos. It was only valid until 10pm Pacific yesterday night.

The promos seem to come around once every couple of weeks, so if there's something you want on eBay and it's not an auction ending soon or something like that, you'll be able to get another shot soon. (Dunno if it'll be $10 off $50 though, usually it's more like $20 off $100 or $15 off $75)

Could you still share the code with me? I've had luck calling and saying I missed out and they just activate a new one for me. Give it a try yourself!

BadHand

Forgot about the PS+ price increase. Logged in to PSN on my mobile, PS+ image says $69.99... thought "fuck". But added it to cart and it was still $49.99.

I'm good till June 2018, which is enough time for cannabis legalization to save the Canadian Dollar.

Anyone know of a good place to get Vita memory cards in Toronto? I'm even happy just with a 4 GB...it's so hard to find these things, and the online prices are waaay too high.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This one's for you Chewie.

dpub6XR.jpg

*Offer valid while quantities last September 22, 2016 - September 25, 2016 in-store and at indigo.ca. Not valid on previous purchases or in conjunction with other offers.

Kyolux

Ugh.. water pipes keeps breaking in town in the last few weeks. And now it's the one next to my house. Got no running water for I don't know how long.

This one's for you Chewie.

Thank you, friend.

I first misread it as 40% off of the Game of Thrones book. My friend got it for Christmas and said he'd give it to me because he has no interest, but he hasn't been able to get it from his brother's place. (Keeps forgetting, that is. I've been asking off and on and hoping he will soon. I've seen it on sale at a couple of places.)

I'm going to look, but I think I'm good. I have over 20 books now and several pre-ordered. I added things up and it seems like I've spent over $800 on pencil crayons, markers, cases, and books since April. So I think I need to calm down.

krae_man

Anyone know of a good place to get Vita memory cards in Toronto? I'm even happy just with a 4 GB...it's so hard to find these things, and the online prices are waaay too high.

My RCSS has some 4gb's for $15 along with the rest of their gaming stuff they are not selling anymore but wont discount. Hell they had PSP Go memory cards at full price still.

kevin1025

Banned
Can you change console versions on Amazon orders while keeping the discount? Or does customer service look at that as a whole different order when you try and ask?

Saprol

I went into EBgames today and don't really get why I got one of the trade-in promos they applied. They took $50 off the PS4 but the website says it's only when you bring in a system. &#129300;

F4r0_Atak

I went into EBgames today and don't really get why I got one of the trade-in promos they applied. They took $50 off the PS4 but the website says it's only when you bring in a system. &#129300;

I work at EB Games and someone must have fucked up, because we had a special code to apply to get the promo to work. The 50$ off is like you said, when you bring in an eligible system for the promo.

F4r0_Atak

[almost] Every God of War game has released in March.

All of the major mainline games (excluding Ghost of Sparta) that were neither remasters or collections released in march of their respective year.

God of War......................................(March 22th 2005)
God of War 2...................................(March 13th 2007)
God of War: Chains of Olympus........(March 4th 2008)
God of War 3...................................(March 16th 2010)
* God of War: Ghost of Sparta...........(November 2nd 2010)
God of War: Ascension.....................(March 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom