• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Is the ScotiaBank Scene credit card a bad one to get?

It's not bad if you see a lot of movies, but in terms of value (% in dollars spent to dollars redeemed) it's not great.

The best cards (IMO) are cashback cards.

Amazon: 1% on everything, 2% on Amazon.ca purchases
Tangerine: 1% on everything, 2% on select categories (restaurants, groceries, etc.)
MBNA SmartCash: 1% on everything, 2% on gas/groceries
PC World Elite: 1% on everything, 3% at Loblaws stores (includes Shoppers) (you get points but you can redeem them at PC stores which is basically like cash)

Those are all free (no annual fee), though some may require a minimum income.
Don't forget to add Fido mastercard or Rogers mastercard. 1.5% and 1.75% cashback on everything respectively.

Moltenix

There's no discount anywhere for a digital copy of Horizon 3 is there?

The US Microsoft Store has digital downloads codes for the game and a $10 bonus for preordering but it doesn't look like there's any download codes for the CA store.

Quick

Banned
Amazon 20% off promo not applied properly discussion:

After seeing a few posts here talking about this, I decided to look at my order. Sure enough, I was overcharged for my NHL 17 order on Amazon. I gave the CS rep a breakdown of the math and I've been issued a refund for the difference (just under $3).

Tiktaalik

Where do people figure is the cheapest price for a Raspberry Pi 3 and necessary accessories? I was going to assume Canakit, but at final checkout there was enough shipping that it was bafflingly higher priced than Amazon (which was sold by Canakit).

Maybe there's somewhere else cheaper...?

Firestar

Where do people figure is the cheapest price for a Raspberry Pi 3 and necessary accessories? I was going to assume Canakit, but at final checkout there was enough shipping that it was bafflingly higher priced than Amazon (which was sold by Canakit).

Check the Microsoft store online, I've seen decent prices there before

iphys

I got the budget bundle from BuyaPi.ca. The shipping charge does sort of kill the deal, but it was exactly what I was looking for in a bundle, since I didn't need a microSD.

FrsDvl

Anyone ever had this happen with Canada Post?

Date : 2016/09/20
Time : 10:51
Description: Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay
Additional Information:

What does it even mean they got my address..

krae_man

Anyone ever had this happen with Canada Post?

What does it even mean they got my address..

This happened to me one time shortly after I moved. I put my new address in but used my old Postal Code.

I still got the package, it just took them a day to figure out the new postal code.

Will wait for Amazon.com price error. It happened once with Project X Zone 2, it'll happen again. R-right?
Lol :p

Just realized, the pre-order was supposed to come with a code. Should I have gotten that by email already? Not too upset about it since the outfit is kind of ugly, but nonetheless, I wonder

You must have a phone subsidy as a part of that right? As in it's really $40 + $15 a month because you got a phone?

Otherwise you should just switch to a new plan and get Unlimited Canada-wide talk, text and 2 GB of data via Koodo for $55. That's one of their current plans.

Yeah it's $40 plus $15 guess I should of pointed that out earlier

lupinko

That PSN sale is disappointing, it's an assassins creed sale.

I hope there's a flash sale still this month and vanilla SFV is on sale. And hopefully stackable with my code.

Yasumi

Banned
That PSN sale is disappointing, it's an assassins creed sale.

I hope there's a flash sale still this month and vanilla SFV is on sale. And hopefully stackable with my code.
Surprised there wasn't just one, they're usually every third weekend in a month. Might be the end of this week then.

i-Jest

Thanks ^ No_Style :)

So I kept this in my order to keep the %30 E3 promo because you need a minimum of 3 games and the order only has 3 games (Adr1ft, Horizon and South Park)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but Adr1ft didn't get a physical release AFAIK?
Yet I just got an email saying I should get it by:
Arriving 12 Oct - 14 Nov
Not yet shipped

Any info?

I cancelled mine a day before release. Didn't feel like waiting it out for Amazon's potential $5.00 credit as an apology.

Kind of want to buy SMT:IV A even though I never finished the first. Looks like it's hard to find though.

Is it getting noticeably difficult to find now? Damn, I can't remember that being an issue for Atlus games for a while now.

Xenoflare

I cancelled mine a day before release. Didn't feel like waiting it out for Amazon's potential $5.00 credit as an apology.

Is it getting noticeably difficult to find now? Damn, I can't remember that being an issue for Atlus games for a while now.

SMT4A in particular seems to be rather under-shipped, I mean, best buy doesn't even offer it in stores.

I always preordered MegaTen stuff up until DeSu2 3DS. After that I said fuck it that's the last handheld Atlus game I'm buying full price. $60 before tax.

Corey31

It's not bad if you see a lot of movies, but in terms of value (% in dollars spent to dollars redeemed) it's not great.

Tangerine: 1% on everything, 2% on select categories (restaurants, groceries, etc.)
PC World Elite: 1% on everything, 3% at Loblaws stores (includes Shoppers) (you get points but you can redeem them at PC stores which is basically like cash)

Late response.

If you see a lot of movies, it's worth having the Scene Visa JUST to use at Cineplex. Since it's 5 Scene points per $1 spent at Cineplex stores. Each Scene point is worth around $0.01.

I've had one for 3 years and very rarely use it outside of the theatre itself.

Tiktaalik

SMT4A in particular seems to be rather under-shipped, I mean, best buy doesn't even offer it in stores.

I always preordered MegaTen stuff up until DeSu2 3DS. After that I said fuck it that's the last handheld Atlus game I'm buying full price. $60 before tax.

SMT4 seemed overshipped so maybe that's saying something. I recall that Best Buy put it on sale to clear it a long while back and there's still a copy sitting at my local London Drugs.

Thanks LP

I do see a lot of movies, but I don't plan to use the card a lot. Because of that, I wonder if it'd even be worth it, given that I wouldn't rack up a lot of points quickly.

I may go with one of the other options (likely not Amazon or Tangerine because they're not around here AFAIK.)

How long does it take to get a credit card?

ys45

So I have been meaning to ask for a while now and I guess this is the best thread to ask , what's going on with the Classic NES mini console that Nintendo announced a few months ago ?

Will it be available in Canada ? Or did it go up for pre-order and I missed it ?

So I have been meaning to ask for a while now and I guess this is the best thread to ask , what's going on with the Classic NES mini console that Nintendo announced a few months ago ?

Will it be available in Canada ? Or did it go up for pre-order and I missed it ?

I don't think any preorders have happened yet in Canada.

It will be available.

kennah

Nothing new has come up since release. I'm hoping to be able to get one.

Quick

Banned
I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 6 (64GB unlocked), has anybody had any luck recently of unloading theirs at a decent price?

I'm looking at ads right now on Kijiji for comparison.

I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 6 (64GB unlocked), has anybody had any luck recently of unloading theirs at a decent price?

I'm looking at ads right now on Kijiji for comparison.

Download the Orchard app to your phone.

Go through the steps and see if the prices they offer please you.

Easiest way to sell an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom