• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

I thought PS4 traded for 210?

There are multiple promos. It trades for $175. One promo gives you $210 (+$35), another gives you +10% (I didn't get this one), and another gives you $50 off the PS4 Pro price. Better details are on their website, and whether or not they will combined the $210 and -$50 promo is likely YMMV. However, if they will not combine those, they will combine the +10% and -$50, with the $175 TIV, as this is a single promo.

jholmes

Wait, are the extra controllers selling out fast too?

No idea but honestly even if I couldn't get an NES Classic I'd be OK so long as I got that controller. I play a lot of Virtual Console on the Wii U and my wife is always bummed that we're not using old-school NES controllers. Looks like the time has come!

EDIT: Looks like they just sold out, lasted a little longer than the NES Classic but not by much.

Sylwest

Oh darn, I should have grabbed a second controller. I don't know why that didn't occur to me since I usually play console games with my brother... Ah well. Got a BB order in. I'll find a second controller later. I hope.

iphys

Oh darn, I should have grabbed a second controller. I don't know why that didn't occur to me since I usually play console games with my brother... Ah well. Got a BB order in. I'll find a second controller later. I hope.

I was planning to get that $20 Interworks one with the long cord and turbo buttons, but it sold out on BB before the NES Mini even went up. Wound up ordering one at amazon instead, although it already has one bad review on there for supposedly not working, so I hope that review was either a lie or a random problem.

killroy87

Fell asleep, and fucked myself on the NES. It won't be hard to find forever, but still, kinda pissed at myself haha. I have no desire to go and stand in line for an emulator

ys45

Are you kiding me , did not even had the time to enter my freaking CC number and when I clicked next I got an error and it was out of stock ....

Fucking ridiculous

Lexxism

Ah, so it's basically just $150 on top of the value of the console you trade in? Does that mean the X1 Elite 1TB is trading in for $275?

Anyways, guess I'll pass. Not looking to pay $175 + tax for an upgrade.

Yes, he won in this one, too. Come pick me up once you find the right one.
There's currently has a different promo. $210 + $50. That would make the PS4P for $239.99 + tax. Try checking your local EB.

Kazerei

Banned
So I just went to the Walmart at hwy 427 and Queensway. Got there at 6:40 (store opens at 7:00) and they were already sold out of the NES. There were only about 30 people in line. *sigh*

i-Jest

The Mario Party one has MOST LIKELY replaced it.

It sucks for completionist but it looks much better imo.

This is what I'm afraid of, but I want to believe they'll do one more line wide reprint to finish things off before they move on the the inevitable Pokemon line of Amiibo.

Wow these two gamestop promos are really tricky worded.

2)Level-Up Your Console:

Eligible consoles will receive a 10% increase plus their EDGE membership bonus. Eligible consoles include PS4, XB1, 3DS, 3DS XL, “new” 3DS, “new” 3DS XL, 2DS, and Wii U. Ineligible consoles that are normally accepted can still be traded to help reduce the price but will receive no trade bonus other than from the associated EDGE membership.

Fast Track to PS4 Pro

Customers interested in upgrading to a PlayStation 4 Pro will receive minimum $210 when they trade either a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console!

The second promo never mentions EDGE discounts.

So technically you SHOULD be able to get an extra 20% on top of that if you were a platinum edge member. But I assume it depends on the clerk.

My girlfriend just texted me from WalMart. Lineup was huge and they only got 24 units. Gonna have to keep searching for one to get for her brother. I might hit up Shoppers in a few minutes.

CRA5H

Fuck these Scarborough Walmarts.
I get there and I'm around 10th in line. We are all orderly. Then that second the doors opens, a couple people just run in and it starts a fucking black friday american stampede.
I jog my way to the till only till realize they are selling all the NES systems in the PHOTOBOOTH section, not the electronics section where they usually have had Nintendo launches in the past few years. Suffice to say I lost my place in line and they had none left. This if the first Nintendo launch I've experienced where people turned into Hungry Black Friday Americans.

Fucking Walmart, fuck these uncivilised assholes. I blame this on Trump. Amazon here I come.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom