• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
A lot of people off for Remembrance Day as well.

According to Wikipedia only a small fraction of the country observes it as a holiday (6 provinces, none of which are Ontario or Quebec).

It is Veterans Day in the US though, which should be a holiday countrywide, and it's not like Canada was relevant in NOA's decisions.

According to Wikipedia only a small fraction of the country observes it as a holiday (6 provinces, none of which are Ontario or Quebec).

It is Veterans Day in the US though, which should be a holiday countrywide.

Yeah, I work today in Ontario. Government workers are off I believe. At least provincial and federal workers.

A lot of people in my office took the day off anyway. The subway was empty this morning.

Gibbles17

May as well ask here, has anyone else noticed their E3 FFXV Amazon preorder got dropped to $49.96? The other games I'm waiting on (Horizon, TLG, KH3, FF7R) are still listed at $71 but and the prices shown don't factor in the E3 30% off until the game ships afaik (could be wrong on this).

Wondering if it's a similar situation as with Xenoblade Chronicles X where a bunch of us got the game for ~$15 after a pricing error that had the game listed at $19.71 before the 30% off. Maybe it's showing the discounted price because it's close to release?

FFXV at Amazon got dropped to $50 around E3 this year. I ordered it during the 2015 E3 so it's stacking with my 30% off.

Crazy.

It happened with Gears 4 as well. It really did ship for about $40 after tax.

Local walmart here in town got 18 consoles...2 controllers. Doesn't open until 12:30am Central due to Remembrance Day.

Good ratios there Nintendo. /sarcasm

Lexxism

May as well ask here, has anyone else noticed their E3 FFXV Amazon preorder got dropped to $49.96? The other games I'm waiting on (Horizon, TLG, KH3, FF7R) are still listed at $71 but and the prices shown don't factor in the E3 30% off until the game ships afaik (could be wrong on this).

Wondering if it's a similar situation as with Xenoblade Chronicles X where a bunch of us got the game for ~$15 after a pricing error that had the game listed at $19.71 before the 30% off. Maybe it's showing the discounted price because it's close to release?
Walmart dropped the price of ff15 to 49.99 last June. Amazon match that price.

Anth0ny

Local Best Buy got 30, sold out

Toys r us got 10, sold out. Limit 1 per customer.

Wall mart got 18, sold out

Guess nintendos not getting my money

Some asshole got a hold of my card and tried to order hookers and sports accessories in Europe rofl

It may be purely coincidental(it probably is) but my card got compromised three times in the past year or so.

The first two times, the only "suspicious" place I could think of was VGP(I know that they are a legit store but they most likely have poor online security).

Then two months ago, I made another purchase on their site even if I wanted to avoid them from now on(I was even joking with a friend that my card would be compromised AGAIN).

Then guess what happened... I've got a call from my bank a week or two after my order that my card had been used on gambling sites.

Not throwing any accusation to the site, I'm just sharing my story.

Cru Jones

It may be purely coincidental(it probably is) but my card got compromised three times in the past year or so.

The first two times, the only "suspicious" place I could think of was VGP(I know that they are a legit store but they most likely have poor online security).

Then two months ago, I made another purchase on their site even if I wanted to avoid them from now on(I was even joking with a friend that my card would be compromised AGAIN).

Then guess what happened... I've got a call from my bank a week or two after my order that my card had been used on gambling sites.

I have the same thing... how do you know it's stacking?

Heh. Mine got compromised a few months ago and VGP was the only uncommon place I had used it at prior. I don't use it in stores or restaurants either.

My bank didn't notice either. I only caught it when I saw a strange charge on my bill, which turned out to be for a senior's dating site. Yup.

Heh. Mine got compromised a few months ago and VGP was the only uncommon place I had used it at prior. I don't use it in stores or restaurants either.

My bank didn't notice either. I only caught it when I saw a strange charge on my bill, which turned out to be for a senior's dating site. Yup.

Interesting

VGP did have a data breach two or three years ago. A lot of people swore them off after that due to their handling of the situation.

My local Walmart how's NES in stock on the website. Is it worth driving the 20mins or will it likely be sold out?

Probably hasn't updated yet.

No_Style

Every so often people ask me why I don't share deals from VGP and this is why I don't: I don't entirely trust their online security. The way they handled their hack in 2012 was terrible as well and thus I wrote them off ever since.

They did not contact all their customers, they didn't update their Facebook or front page about it either. Just a complete disregard for customer safety.

I kept relatively silent since watching people post deals while hoping they changed but it doesn't look like they did.

Gibbles17

Has anyone traded up for a PS4pro at EB games yet? Seeing a number of different deals and wondering how/if they stack:

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Offers/

Sections 2 and 3 of the triple promo thing says you get an additional 10% trade-in credit for an OG PS4 and an additional 50 bucks off the Pro's price. Do these stack with the $210 credit for a PS4 a little further down the page? If so then that's mighty tempting especially with the $100 for 5 shitty games I have lying around my apartment. Would make the Pro like ~150 bucks which sounds insane. Feel like that can't be right lol.

tiijj

To those who ordered Playing With Power: Nintendo NES Classics book, when's your shipping date? Mine was moved to monday.

Kyolux

So 5 PM for amazon.ca?

A couple of people lined up at the BB I work at were lined up since 9pm last night.

I was going to see my local best buy for one since my mom wants it. For PS VR there wasn't a peep. For this there were easily 150 people in line. I doubt most of them got one.

Cactus

Banned
VGP's response to the hack really soured me towards them, although I still go there once in a while to buy a short print game or Asian/European import.

If anyone wants a laugh, check out their retro game display case at the North York location. Some of those prices are absolutely insane.

Ooccoo

So 5 PM for amazon.ca?

I was going to see my local best buy for one since my mom wants it. For PS VR there wasn't a peep. For this there were easily 150 people in line. I doubt most of them got one.

I want to know this too. Trying to get my second box.

Zeeman

Is there any reason to think there won't be multiple shipments before Black Friday and Xmas? I know Nintendo is sometimes weird about stock but this is clearly one of the *HOT* holiday items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom