• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I wonder if Indigo will get the NES Minis at some point, they seem like the kind of boutique electronics item Indigo would sell. I have a bunch of gift card value and I just wanna buy a spare controller...

I went to the largest Wal Mart in my area that got 24 NES consoles and 3 controllers.

Arrived at 6am and was third. Got the console and controller.

The line swelled to 40+ and they had to start sending people away by 6:45am but more people kept coming. Nintendo failed massively today.

sikkinixx

I wandered into the Wal Mart at 11 this morning and asked about controllers.

Dude was like "yeah I just put two in the cabinet, want them?"

So I walked out with a controller for myself and my friend, who just bought his system at that same wal mart four hours earlier.

leeman

Yep. The perfect setup for the Switch :/

Absolutely! Man, Nintendo couldn't ask for a better hype builder for the Switch. Tons of Nintendo retro fans are going to be interested in Nintendo all over again. I have to applaud the brilliance, though I almost wonder if it was sheer luck?

It's not so much Nintendo as everyone here.

This thread exploded since the moment you people couldn't buy another of those things nintendo is selling.

MarkusRJR

SNES classic edition will be something special.
Chrono Trigger better be on it! :)

Personally I'm much more excited for the N64 Classic Edition. I love the N64 and regularly play N64 games. Curious if they're planning to do one, since it's only 20 years old.

KamiCrit

Word from Nintendo of Canada: https://www.facebook.com/nintendoofcanada/photos/a.164261753698186.5245.164247893699572/500746293383062/?type=3&permPage=1

The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system is a hot item, and we are working hard to keep up with consumer demand. There will be a steady flow of additional systems through the holiday shopping season and into the new year. Please contact your local retailers to check product availability. A selection of participating retailers can be found at
http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/nes-classic

arMHFXh.png

Reads like damage control/calming down the enthusiasts. At least NoC is acknowledging the high demand.

antibolo

Banned
If there's a "steady flow" coming then why not just fucking let us pre-order the fucking thing like every other high-demand product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom