• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiijj

That's for amazon us. It might or might not be for amazon ca.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JT77EDK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

l1Fujai.jpg

JSR_Cube

Has anyone traded up for a PS4pro at EB games yet? Seeing a number of different deals and wondering how/if they stack:

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Offers/

Sections 2 and 3 of the triple promo thing says you get an additional 10% trade-in credit for an OG PS4 and an additional 50 bucks off the Pro's price. Do these stack with the $210 credit for a PS4 a little further down the page? If so then that's mighty tempting especially with the $100 for 5 shitty games I have lying around my apartment. Would make the Pro like ~150 bucks which sounds insane. Feel like that can't be right lol.

YMMV on stacking but most people seem to get the $50 off and the $210 trade in credit before taxes. I think it is worth taking games in to and see what happens.

Woke up at 3 at midnight, couldn't get one from Best Buy, woke at 6 am couldn't get one from Walmart either, Best Buy near my office opened at 10, I was debating whether or not going there after hearing all the stories but decided to try my luck (called the office and said I'll be there a tad later because reasons) got to Best Buy at 9 am, 3 people in front of me, they tell me I am safe, manager said they had 30, in 20 minutes they were 30 people there queuing up, all of them were very happy and most of them were they just trying their luck after failing miserably at Walmart and EB Games. I really got lucky after a very frustrating night, on my way to work this morning I was sill debating to take to detour to Best Buy and try my luck or just forget about the whole ordeal. yay for me!

Lexxism

Has anyone traded up for a PS4pro at EB games yet? Seeing a number of different deals and wondering how/if they stack:

Sections 2 and 3 of the triple promo thing says you get an additional 10% trade-in credit for an OG PS4 and an additional 50 bucks off the Pro's price. Do these stack with the $210 credit for a PS4 a little further down the page? If so then that's mighty tempting especially with the $100 for 5 shitty games I have lying around my apartment. Would make the Pro like ~150 bucks which sounds insane. Feel like that can't be right lol.
All of those promos should definitely stack. It will be up the guy you talked to if they will apply it or not. I guess call first before going.

VGP's response to the hack really soured me towards them, although I still go there once in a while to buy a short print game or Asian/European import.

If anyone wants a laugh, check out their retro game display case at the North York location. Some of those prices are absolutely insane.

I only wanted a few wii/ds/psp reprints :-( but it looks like they are garbage so I definitely won't bother with them anymore.

Ooccoo

Woke up at 3 at midnight, couldn't get one from Best Buy, woke at 6 am couldn't get one, Nest Buy near my office opened at 10, I was debating going there after hearing all the stories but decided to try my luck (called the office and said I'll be there atad later because reasons) got there at 9 am, 3 people in front of me, they told I am safe manager said they had 30, in 20 minutes they were 30 people there queuing all of them were very happy and most of them were they just trying their luck after failing miserably at Walmart and EB Games. I really got lucky after a very frustrating night, on my way to work this morning I was sill debating to take to detour to Best Buy and try my luck or just forget about the whole ordeal. yay for me!

I'm from Quebec City. One Wal-Mart had 28 consoles, all gone when I got there (30 min before store hours, yea I know). Went to another Wal-Mart, a manager told us they were already sold out. Didn't bother to go elsewhere since I got one from Wal-Mart online.

Tiktaalik

Not sure if posted, but Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 is currently $64.99 at Best Buy.

Oh boy so sad that $64.99 is a "deal" with our dollar. Thanks for posting tho.

I may actually buy this because I badly need some retail therapy after the Trump win and it seems like it's going to be impossible to buy a NES Classic this weekend.

I'm from Quebec City. One Wal-Mart had 28 consoles, all gone when I got there (30 min before store hours, yea I know). Went to another Wal-Mart, a manager told us they were already sold out. Didn't bother to go elsewhere since I got one from Wal-Mart online.

Oh man at least you got one online, what a clusterfuck of a release, Nintendo doesn't get itr, if they announce a Super Nintendo Classic, it's going be even worse since I am convinced demand will be even higher.

Tarrin

Yea, they should all stack. Traded in my OG PS4 + six games last night, and got the Pro for 84 bucks, tax included. I would call first to make sure though.

People cancel and credit cards get declined. I have gotten lucky before.

Congrats.

Thanks! now I need a second controller... Don't want to have to have to pay for shipping.

Aha, that was you! I had it in my cart but it disappeared right before checkout :). Congrats!

Happened to me 20 minutes ago too so it's the second one coming back up since noon! Having it in the cart helps, you can spam checkout until it goes.

Tiktaalik

Decided on a whilm to drop by the Vancouver Best Buy before it opened at 10 and I have a slip. They're getting 40.

So insane and dumb to me that stock is so restricted

Gibbles17

YMMV on stacking but most people seem to get the $50 off and the $210 trade in credit before taxes. I think it is worth taking games in to and see what happens.

All of those promos should definitely stack. It will be up the guy you talked to if they will apply it or not. I guess call first before going.

Yea, they should all stack. Traded in my OG PS4 + six games last night, and got the Pro for 84 bucks, tax included. I would call first to make sure though.

I said godamn. Thanks all, guess I'm calling EB on my lunch. Controller needs to be included right? Tarrin did you trade in a controller that was peeling by any chance? Got a launch controller with a little tearing on the joystick, not sure if they'll still take it.

Lexxism

I said godamn. Thanks all, guess I'm calling EB on my lunch. Controller needs to be included right? Tarrin did you trade in a controller that was peeling by any chance? Got a launch controller with a little tearing on the joystick, not sure if they'll still take it.
Power cable and hdmi too.

Grimsen

Seeing that stores are getting 20, 30 and even 40 units, should we be really talking about constrained supply, or rather huge demand?

Tiktaalik

Seeing that stores are getting 20, 30 and even 40 units, should we be really talking about constrained supply, or rather huge demand?

I have no sense of perspective because I never worked in retail, but around xmastime I'm used to seeing pallets of systems just being unwrapped and left in the middle of the store.

Maybe we will see that scale of supply closer to xmas.

It's hard for me to understand how Nintendo could have under estimated demand given the universal strong positive response to the early announcement.

I ended up paying the shipping for the controller when it was up on Best buy. I ordered the console first since I didn't want that to go OoS. Then when i saw that the controller was still available I jumped on that without thinking about shipping. Judging by its rarity I don't mind too much.

tiijj

I ended up paying the shipping for the controller when it was up on Best buy. I ordered the console first since I didn't want that to go OoS. Then when i saw that the controller was still available I jumped on that without thinking about shipping. Judging by its rarity I don't mind too much.

was there a limit of 1 on the controllers?

a916

I have no sense of perspective because I never worked in retail, but around xmastime I'm used to seeing pallets of systems just being unwrapped and left in the middle of the store.

Maybe we will see that scale of supply closer to xmas.

It's hard for me to understand how Nintendo could have under estimated demand given the universal strong positive response to the early announcement.

When has Nintendo ever flooded the market? They always always under deliver. Sometimes because they refuse to make more and have to take back stock or because they want to create artificial demand.

Sony has the opposite approach, they'll stuff the gills.

I just noticed that on my order for the NES mini, I put the wrong year on my CC info for best buy (2018 instead of 2017). I need to contact customer service, don't I?

Amazon Canada just posted on facebook 5pm est for nes classic. On mobile so can't link it.

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonCanada

From your first Goomba stomp to your thousandth victory in final fantasy, the Nintendo entertainment system may just be the most nostalgic gaming console ever.
The NES Classic will be available for sale at 2 PM PT and supplies are extremely limited.

there you go

edit:

Yeah, you should contact them.

I contacted them and the CSR told me right away that my order was flagged because it had the wrong year. She said they wouldn't have cancelled the order and that they would have sent a notification to me that I had 3 days to update my billing information, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have kept any items on hold until I had that sorted out.

Anyone else that placed an order should do a quick check on their billing info as well just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom