• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

I ordered one on best buy with full intention to cancel it before shipping. Gives me 6 weeks to think this through if it's worth it at launch and maybe something will make this a justified purchase.

Another bungled pre-order fiasco. Oh well. I'll wait until the shelves are clogged eventually.

That's my thinking. Economy isn't that great in Canada (esp in Alberta) so I'm not that worried...Besides, rather buy consoles in store rather than being shipped and hope it isn't damaged during shipping.

Cmagus

Lol, how did this thing sell out faster in Canada than the US with our awful price?
Depends on the quantity they have. I kept checking on it and honestly I could have bought several times over so it didnt sell out as fadt as I thought it would. Hope those who got one are happy with it :)

the dude who posted the direct link to amazon.ca thank you if it wasn't for you i wouldn't of been able to pre-order, the page doesn't update normally at all lol

chrono01

Fuck that noise, every last Zelda CE was released here too (well ... now that you mention it... just MM Remake :p)
Haha, I was being sarcastic.

I'm sure we'll get a few copies, I can't imagine it'll be many though. So yeah, I doubt I'll even bother trying, since it'll likely sell out within minutes of it going up, and if I'm not online at that exact time, I'll miss out anyway.

MegaPanda

BB sold out during check out.
Oh well, time to put all the eggs in the Amazon basket and then cry myself to sleep if it gets cancelled

Lmao, and some people were trying to argue that preorders wouldn't sell out instantly and be an NES Classic situation.

I knew the pre-orders will go fast. However, It won't be as rare to get afterwards as Nintendo wants everyone to get the switch whereas the NES mini is more of a niche or nostalgia product.

Frimaire

So it's sold out on Amazon now, yeah?
It shows up sometimes, but once I try to ad it to the cart it says it's unavailable...
Shouldn't have been looking at the neon one the whole time...

Brandson

Amazon.ca couldn't add Switch to my cart on mobile, despite being a Prime member and logged in. By the time I got to work it was sold out. Bravo Amazon.

Zekes!

I managed to get a pre-order in with Best Buy. Here's hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

Also I'm sure more pre-orders will become available at a later time for those who didn't get one right now.

hiim_haz

Banned
I managed to get two, I got one through Amazon and one through Best Buy. I did it so I'd be sure until I get email confirmations from both, then cancel one. But, my friend wasn't able to pre-order so I'm just going to order both and give him one.

Good luck to everyone else, it was nerve wracking.

Fularu

Banned
I managed to get two, I got one through Amazon and one through Best Buy. I did it so I'd be sure until I get email confirmations from both, then cancel one. But, my friend wasn't able to pre-order so I'm just going to order both and give him one.

Good luck to everyone else, it was nerve wracking.

Nah, shit was easier than the Mini

UberTag

Lol, how did this thing sell out faster in Canada than the US with our awful price?
We have a thriving scalper community. And, in all likelihood, limited quantities allocated by Nintendo for pre-orders.
This was inevitable no matter how high the price or how poor the value proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom