• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn... all in with tax on the Switch and Zelda and it's about $525.

Thanks Nintendo.
I could get a PS4 + FF XV for 362 over the holidays, but thought nah, I'll wait for Switch... I'll eventually buy, but only after I'm done with my Nintendo backlog. Not that it is in stock anywhere for preorder anyway. I don't think it will drop in price either, probably will just make it a bundle for the same price for the holidays

Sora_N

I saw this on the EB site but it changed back after.

switch999_zpstsgrl2yn.png

UberTag

Holy shit, I guess people did really want this after all. Sold out everywhere already, wow.
Scalpers want new shiny things as soon as they're available irrespective of any demand.
And Nintendo wants headlines from artificial inventory shortages.
They go hand in hand.

zroid

Banned
Hrmmm even if I don't get a Switch a launch I still need to have a Zelda Special Edition

was it even up for pre-order yet?

Really such a piss off reading people bragging about "securing" 3 systems and I kept getting blocked out of checkout and couldn't get one. Shameful.

Really such a piss off reading people bragging about "securing" 3 systems and I kept getting blocked out of checkout and couldn't get one. Shameful.

Oh come on now. While I understand the frustration, I would say that almost everyone on here but a very few exceptions are just paranoid and not doing this to scalp.

mdubs

Banned
Preorders were open at Best Buy and EBGames for over 5 minutes each, I don't know what to say. Come prepared to play the game I guess.

Many of us are battle hardened on the amib** hunt though, so I guess that helps

Clov

So Amazon's completely out then? Even of the silly neon one? Should I even bother getting this at launch anymore?

balohna

Couldn't get one. Was on Best Buy on my phone and had to update my CC info... Had issues with the site that caused it to sell out before I could finish the order. Annoying.

I really don't want to line up for this thing. Anyone know about in-store pre-orders?

CRA5H

A red and blue joycon is one way to attract thieves while playing this on the go. My neighbourhood is too ghetto so went with the grey.

Oh come on now. While I understand the frustration, I would say that almost everyone on here but a very few exceptions are just paranoid and not doing this to scalp.

Whatever the case, it's still a greedy thing to do. If I got one, I would never go and try to hoard more. This is the kind of mentality I will never understand.

Master edition is 200?! Not 170 like in the states? Why? WHY?!?!

GODDAMNIT Nintendo. As big a fan I am of the series, and as badly as I want the Master Edition, there's no way I'm fine paying more money because "lol F it why not dum candians". Between your stupid lack of stock, shit accessory prices, and inability to charge your joy-con while you play unless you drop an extra 40 bucks.....

Man, a part of me is hoping the switch fails to meet expectations. Not even because I want a quick price drop. I'm just spiteful right now.

killroy87

Got one super easily at Best buy. Link was like e for at least five minutes, I'm not sure how people that were there at the right time could have missed it.

Cmagus

I don't doubt that at this obscene Canadian price there will be stock very soon after like the Wii U was

I'd keep checking Best Buy because a lot of people pre-ordered two, one from Best Buy and one fro Amazon and will probably cancel their Best Buy once they get confirmation from Amazon. Paypal is the way to go with Best Buy as well because it skips the whole checkout process with a few clicks.

iiicon

I've got errands this morning that take me near a mall before open so I think I'll just swing by EB and try to order one in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom