• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
i'm not going to bother securing a pre-order until it's more readily available

and if that doesn't happen till after launch, well whatever, i'll keep waiting

Cynar

Lmao, and some people were trying to argue that preorders wouldn't sell out instantly and be an NES Classic situation.
They definitely would. Just like the Wii u. Total amount moved though will be small. Just walk into a Walmart after launch and pick it up.

trixx

Japan is 350 canadian, so depending on shipping might be better to buy from there lol, Probably have to pay for border fees and yada yada

I managed to get one at Amazon, nice.

I'm still going to walk over to ebgames sometime today to see what I can do with my credit there because making it this morning for 10am isn't going to happen.

I got one on launch day. That's all that matters.

yeah canada loves it's Nintendo and the scalpers love buying to sell high on things like kijiji but i feel like there going to be alot better with making sure everyone gets a console

Sapiens

Welp, tried ordering at BB but it kept giving an error, now it's sold out.

Hope you guys are happy with your second Switch.

Don't worry, bra - it's just for "insurance" - they'll totally cancel it and not try to put it on eBay or whatever.

Sora_N

Eh I gotta get ready for work and stuff soon, EB site sucks. I can't even add the red/blue one to my cart so forget it.

Best Buy handled this the best, and the preorder was 100% smooth this time.

Sora_N

Looks like the EB site is working now? The red/blue system is adding to cart, going to try to checkout.

Iirc I have to call EB to cancel a preorder though right?

Ryde3

I managed to get an order in on Amazon.ca from that link posted (thank you) and Bestbuy.ca from that link posted (thank you.) Probably will keep the Bestbuy.ca order for the GZ points but I'll keep Amazon for awhile just in case of a price drop.

I can't believe the Pro controller is 90$ and the Joycon pair is 100$... insane.

Rarius

Aaand EB's site won't let me check out because it doesn't understand that I added the neon one when the grey one disappeared

trixx

Damn... all in with tax on the Switch and Zelda and it's about $525.

Thanks Nintendo.

That's crazy they should've at least packed in a game.

I probably could've pre-ordered one but was like nah no way. I'd have to get an extra controller due to my siblings, but considering prices of those it's a very easy pass

joedick

We have a thriving scalper community. And, in all likelihood, limited quantities allocated by Nintendo for pre-orders.
This was inevitable no matter how high the price or how poor the value proposition.

Plus, scalpers know they can just return their unsold 'stock' if they can't unload them. This ended up hurting the Wii U in its second month, there were tons of returns.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I knew EB's site would do this, but I was up about 5 after 9 and it was too late. Sold out when checking out at Best Buy.

Geez I just realized all the games that are coming out near the Switch release date.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Ghost Recon
Mass Effect: Andromeda

A Switch with Zelda means that I'm probably not going to get around to those 3 games now. If I didn't have Ghost Recon preordered for so cheap that'd be canceled.

Sora_N

Geez I just realized all the games that are coming out near the Switch release date.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Ghost Recon
Mass Effect: Andromeda

A Switch with Zelda means that I'm probably not going to get around to those 3 games now. If I didn't have Ghost Recon preordered for so cheap that'd be canceled.

That's why I probably have to cancel Horizon and/or Nier Automata. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom