• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgey

What are people looking to get? Other than the official case (which looks worse than the Hori one) everything is available on Amazon, no? Even the Pro Controller.

tyvrL.png

The red version looks really nice IMO. It also has better storage. 5 carts, and room for two joycon grips. Also includes a screen protector.

AFAIK the red version is only available from the My Nintendo Japan store though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
People say this all the time and I find it so stupid. I get a lot of enjoyment from talking about media -- especially games, but also tv / movies / books -- with my friends. I'm much more motivated to play something and enjoy something more if I'm doing it when everyone else is, which is usually Day 1.

If you aren't someone who games socially, fine. Buy your games a year later. But don't whine about others who enjoy games differently from you.

But he's whining about peoppe whining about shipping, we dont have any control over that.

I understand its frustrating for people to not get their stuff on time but how do you think the rest of us feel when we visit this thread and are greeted by a constant stream of negativity and complaining (yes I realize thats what Im doing now, Cause and Effect). Does coming on here to vent make you feel better or speed up your shipping?

All Im saying is, its OK to be upset at corporations but try not to take it out in this thread even though thats become the accepted norm by now.

Ah damn missed the Pro controller. Well it's not like they won't get more of em', and honestly I don't even know if I want one at the price their selling it for....

Dazzler

But he's whining about peoppe whining about shipping, we dont have any control over that.

I understand its frustrating for people to not get their stuff on time but how do you think the rest of us feel when we visit this thread and are greeted by a constant stream of negativity and complaining (yes I realize thats what Im doing now, Cause and Effect). Does coming on here to vent make you feel better or speed up your shipping?

All Im saying is, its OK to be upset at corporations but try not to take it out in this thread even though thats become the accepted norm by now.

It's crazy how it's usually Amazon being complained about, when people know they're hot garbage for deliveries and STILL order from them

Stage On

The last game I paid full price for was Fire Emblem fates, but to be fair it was a special edition with an extremely low print run.

I'm paying full price for Zelda: Breath of the wild simply because I'm getting the Switch at launch and need a game to go with it. No point buying it from Amazon just to get 20% off only for it to show up late and have nothing to play with my new system for the entire first weekend.

Also getting Story of Seasons Trio of towns for full price, mainly because I really want the preorder plushy that comes with it.

tiijj

Does the extra dock comes with ac adapter? Probably not?

I think it comes with an extra adapter and hdmi cable judging from amazon.jp image.

JP Dock

The NA one comes with the ac adapter but no MSRP for Canada tho, weird.

Nintendo Switch Dock Set
Includes a Nintendo Switch Dock, Nintendo Switch AC adapter, and an HDMI cable. (Note that one of each of these items are included with each Nintendo Switch system.)

If you’d like to use your Nintendo Switch with multiple TVs in the house, this set provides everything you need to dock your system and play in TV mode.

ElNino

It's crazy how it's usually Amazon being complained about, when people know they're hot garbage for deliveries and STILL order from them
To be fair, 90% of the time they deliver on time for me (and often the next day for any in stock items) and that is without ever subscribing to Prime. If their price is cheaper than I will order from them without hesitation. The only reason (other than price) that I'd go with BB is to make it easier to return if I decide I don't want it, with Amazon I usually cancel before it ships.

SickBoy

I think everyone — including myself — is assuming it has to work, but I would love some independent verification that indeed USB-C chargers (and especially power banks) will charge the Switch. (And if anyone does have a link to someone testing it/someone from Nintendo confirming it or some independent USB expert stating it, I'd be thrilled to see a link).

I think 90% of the time it will live at home for me and that's great. There's no way I want to spend $40 on an official adapter (or spend even $20-30 on a knockoff adapter made especially for the Switch, for that matter).

But I don't really know how USB-C devices talk with chargers... all I know is it seems like there's more to this specification than previous iterations of USB and that makes me a little uncertain.

EDIT: Re Switch accessories, I don't think the official case looks that bad. Pretty plain, but I don't think I agree it looks worse than the Hori case.

The amazon train ride never ceases to amaze, on the phone with support, apparently 10 mins before I called the game got a scan in town, will get delivered tomorrow because Post already made their rounds. So I'm literally on the phone with support as I get my shipping notification and it's already in town.

How does that even happen?

c-murph

I wouldn't care about it if I wasn't paying for priority/express/1day shipping.

It's a matter of principle. I do have a huge backlog. I'm still playing ROTTR, have yet to complete Dishonored2, Titanfall2 and hundreds of others / indies.

Uhh if I pay for Prime I expect them to give me the service I paid for.

lol @ 'go play something else'

What a needlessly antagonistic viewpoint.

People pay for Prime for many reasons, two of the main ones being 2-Day (Release Day) Shipping and Prime Video Game Discounts.

If a person buys a game through Amazon and it says "Get this item on the day it releases, January 20th, 2017" under their shipping option, you better be damn sure that's what they're going to expect, it's what they're paying for.

It also doesn't do anyone any good if your only argument is "Go play something else" - it effects everything, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't enjoy it if YOUR only option was to just not get any/all games you preorder.

I mean, if you don't get them on release, may as well go play something else right? Not like you wanted that specific game or anything.

People say this all the time and I find it so stupid. I get a lot of enjoyment from talking about media -- especially games, but also tv / movies / books -- with my friends. I'm much more motivated to play something and enjoy something more if I'm doing it when everyone else is, which is usually Day 1.

If you aren't someone who games socially, fine. Buy your games a year later. But don't whine about others who enjoy games differently from you.

lul.

Silly People.

I think everyone — including myself — is assuming it has to work, but I would love some independent verification that indeed USB-C chargers (and especially power banks) will charge the Switch. (And if anyone does have a link to someone testing it/someone from Nintendo confirming it or some independent USB expert stating it, I'd be thrilled to see a link).

I think 90% of the time it will live at home for me and that's great. There's no way I want to spend $40 on an official adapter (or spend even $20-30 on a knockoff adapter made especially for the Switch, for that matter).

But I don't really know how USB-C devices talk with chargers... all I know is it seems like there's more to this specification than previous iterations of USB and that makes me a little uncertain.

EDIT: Re Switch accessories, I don't think the official case looks that bad. Pretty plain, but I don't think I agree it looks worse than the Hori case.

I would be shocked if the Switch couldn't be charged by USB chargers or power banks. My phone is USB-C and it charges fine even off older USB power banks using a USB-to-USB-C cable. If the Switch does block those things, it would have to be intentional. Nintendo can't be that stupid, even taking into account how dumb they can be at times.

aw! must be sooo painful! just remember, it could always be worse - you yourself might not be getting the games you ordered! :) ...

misery loves company. people bitch up here because of that, &, i suppose, to reassure each other it ain't just them that's getting screwed. if it's all too much for you, i suggest just scanning past it while shaking your head. cuz we'll never learn :) ...

tiijj

So what are the odds of me being able to grab a switch off the shelf from Wal-Mart if I line up before they open on the 3rd?

AFAIK walmart didn't do a pre-order on the switch so depending on how much they are getting per store and how many people are lining up in front of you then you might have a good chance.

Maximus.

lul.

Silly People.

I think it's ok to be upset, but the excessive discussion over shipping and dates is ridiculous. It's just constant repetition with no resolution every time something comes out.

On another note I wonder if EB Games has updated its system to add the new accessories, so that I can move around my credit.

SickBoy

Pretty hard to find and pricey right now, but not for long: Kirby Triple Deluxe is becoming a Nintendo Select (Also Mario & Luigi Dream Team).

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/823998827166318592

Looking at eBay, some recent listings it was selling at $27-30 with no case :O

EDIT: Regarding shipping complaints, yeah, shipping talk ain't great... still, I think I'd rather see shipping complaints than those posts that are like, "yay, my copy of Game X shipped today!" ...at least the former type of post hints at some sort of problem and offers an opportunity for commiseration.

Still, in terms of volume, it's a drop in the bucket compared with what Amiibo conversation looked like at the height of that craze. So I can live with it at its current levels.

soultron

Banned
Bit offtopic I suppose, but maybe not.

So apparently Trump approved the Keystone XL project.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trump-keystone-dakota-access-pipelines-1.3949629

This probably won't be completed for years, but I wonder how its going to affect our dollar. Hopeful that maybe we can get back into the .90 cent range?

But what will it cost us (well, realistically, First Nations people will pay the biggest price, I'd bet) in terms of the environment? News from Sask, today: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/stoughton-oil-spill-cleanup-1.3948792

This probably won't be completed for years, but I wonder how its going to affect our dollar. Hopeful that maybe we can get back into the .90 cent range?
The drop in the price of oil was more affected by the global over supply. The ability to ship via keystone would most likely not have much of an impact on the dollar. It might free up rail capacity for say agriculture items though which could have a net positive affect though. Pipelines like the trans mountain expansion are more important imo to allow us to provide supply to other markets than the US.

My Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Limited Edition - PlayStation 4 always said 28.50$ in my order page. It shipped and now the invoice is at 60 something dollars...

Well, Amazon is kind of talking to me like if I hallucinated that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Limited Edition - PlayStation 4 was never 28$ on my order page and that 60$ is what I pay and to shut the fuck up. Thanks Amazon! I guess that I will just return it and make sure they reimburse me shipping. It's the first time ever where I am not charged what is written in my order page. I should also start taking pills against hallucinations...

kevin1025

Banned
Well, Amazon is kind of talking to me like if I hallucinated that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Limited Edition - PlayStation 4 was never 28$ on my order page and that 60$ is what I pay and to shut the fuck up. Thanks Amazon! I guess that I will just return it and make sure they reimburse me shipping. It's the first time ever where I am not charged what is written in my order page. I should also start taking pills against hallucinations...

Around when had it gone down to $28, do you remember? Mine had been sitting at $59.32, taxes included. But I ordered it back in November 2015.

Around when had it gone down to $28, do you remember? Mine had been sitting at $59.32, taxes included. But I ordered it back in November 2015.

Same here as well, charged $59.31. When did you order it that $28 was possible?

My tracking number still doesn't work however :S. Then again Amazon support gave me $10 and an extra 30 days of prime for it being slow, so I can wait a few days happily :).

It must have glitched with promos (I never asked for anything) or something, it happened on its own. It's like they realized it was glitched and redid the %. I don't mind, it's their right to fix their messy system. However, I should have been informed that the price changed so I could cancel if I wanted to. Minutes before being charged my order was still stating 28$ so it's a bit dishonest to charge me 60 something, glitch or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom