• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

You guys have any pre orders suggestions? Is there a list for ebgames of what I can pre order?

I'm thinking farpoint with the aim controller and yakuza kiwami but I'm not sure these are going to be available.

TheExodu5

Banned
Coorporate Microplay actually responded to my call. The store owner then called me to apologize and to offer the system he reserved next week. Hopefully he stops forcing bundles on people.

I've decided against picking up a Switch right now anyways. Gonna wait until the issues are ironed out.

You guys have any pre orders suggestions? Is there a list for ebgames of what I can pre order?

I'm thinking farpoint with the aim controller and yakuza kiwami but I'm not sure these are going to be available.

Whatever is on their website is all that's available.

You can always ask in store though, sometimes it's a day or two behind, like in the case of Mario kart switch

Kyolux

Well Farpoint bundle is available for $99. Guess I'll pre order that. Just need to decide what to trade in and what to keep.

eyesradar

Debating if I should trade-in my unplayed FFV copy. I think it's worth $56 after the trade-in? I basically paid this much to get the game lol. Don't think I'll have time to play it with Zelda in hands, MHXX coming in two weeks plus the summer line-ups. Hmm...

Debating if I should trade-in my unplayed FFV copy. I think it's worth $56 after the trade-in? I basically paid this much to get the game lol. Don't think I'll have time to play it with Zelda in hands, MHXX coming in two weeks plus the summer line-ups. Hmm...

By summer it'll be cheaper than that if you end up wanting to play it. Might as well go for it.

They don't take super famicom games.

timnich

Anyone have a recommendation for a Switch case that's available today? I'm going on a last minute trip and don't want to just throw my naked Switch in my duffel bag.

FN-2187

Well double trade is not on 360 or ps3 so still 10 cents

YMMV but I was just at EB and the guy in front of me traded in a fat stack of 360 games and he got the double trade credit. The clerk was also surprised because he thought it wasn't supposed to count on 360 games.

Dazzler

What's a reasonably priced charger? I guess something below 39.99 then? Any price range? Power bank not an option?

I should probably do my research in the dedicated thread, just wanted to see if a consensus Canadian option was out there

A Cable and charger solution would be ideal

a916

Is that with the "double for Switch pre-order" trade in?

killroy87

Official charger would be a lot better if the cord was like 2-3 times as long as it is.

Anyone know if like a Google Pixel charger and cable will provide the same amount of power (basically, enough juice to charge while playing)?

So I guess just using a USB C cord on an air plane's USB port wouldn't be enough juice to keep a Switch powered? I should use the plug underneath the seat, if there is one?

Vinc

So just to help me understand, if I do the double trade value at EB today and use it later to buy a Pro controller, I'll have to pay the full tax amount? And if I do the double trade value deal and immediately buy a game in the same transaction, I won't pay tax? Is this correct?

So just to help me understand, if I do the double trade value at EB today and use it later to buy a Pro controller, I'll have to pay the full tax amount? And if I do the double trade value deal and immediately buy a game in the same transaction, I won't pay tax? Is this correct?

Do the trade, pre-order a game far in future then when you find a pro controller there switch your credit to that.

eyesradar

Oh so that will work and I'll get to keep the full value and tax? Sweeeeeet! Thanks for the tip.

Just a PSA from my local EB fella:
If you do the trade-in towards anything Switch related, you should make sure the CSR process it under today's "double trade-in" deal instead of the "2x towards anything Switch" deal to avoid future credit-moving hassle.

Vinc

Just a PSA from my local EB fella:
If you do the trade-in towards anything Switch related, you should make sure the CSR process it under today's "double trade-in" deal instead of the "2x towards anything Switch" deal to avoid future credit-moving hassle.

Yeah I'm just gonna put it towards RDR2, that way even if the Pro controller somehow never shows up at that store by the end of the year, I'll still end up with an awesome game, and it'll avoid any promotion-related issue.

Thanks for the help guys, glad I asked here! :D

krae_man

Bless this man

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/vgm/6029708011.html

Looking for $120 for Bomberman

"Sold out everywhere"

Z9OA744.jpg

Evuk

anyone know how much Base trade-in value is for a 32gb WiiU Console?
I'm not really interested in the Switch, but would rather get a PS4 Pro.

antibolo

Banned
Official charger would be a lot better if the cord was like 2-3 times as long as it is.

Yeah it's pretty awful how they sell the damn thing for $40 and yet it only has this tiny cable hardwired to it.

I'd like to have a spare charger but there's no way I'm buying the first party one.

eyesradar

anyone know how much Base trade-in value is for a 32gb WiiU Console?
I'm not really interested in the Switch, but would rather get a PS4 Pro.

Was $90 last time I was there for the Switch release. When traded towards a Switch it got bumped to $150.

With the EB promo, do you have to apply the credit to something right away? Or can you hold onto it for later?

I think someone said if you use it ASAP it's considered pre-tax credit instead of post-tax..?

I'm thinking maybe Ratchet and Clank PS4 and Smash Bros Wii U depending on the values.

Palehorse

Yeah it's pretty awful how they sell the damn thing for $40 and yet it only has this tiny cable hardwired to it.

I'd like to have a spare charger but there's no way I'm buying the first party one.

Tiny cable? It's 6' long, how long do you need it? I just bought the official one last night and will use it when playing in bed, or when charging the pro controller. 6' is plenty long for that.

If I needed to charge it while on the couch then I'd need a longer cord but as it is...

With the EB promo, do you have to apply the credit to something right away? Or can you hold onto it for later?

I think someone said if you use it ASAP it's considered pre-tax credit instead of post-tax..?

I'm thinking maybe Ratchet and Clank PS4 and Smash Bros Wii U depending on the values.

If you use it right away you don't get taxed on it, correct. If you save it to an Edge card for later you will get charged tax on it when you use it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom