• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinger

What??? This one?

Wow, I have two of them. Didn't know they worked with BOTW
Almost (if not) all Amiibo should give you some type of item. Duplicates will still give you stuff so tap both!
Yep, you can have Epona (the real Epona) and Twilight Princess's easter egg costume with it, IIRC.

Only got Epona so far, but hell if that's not a good horse, all full stats right off the bat.

Even the stable guy was like ''Wow! That's the legendary horse, Epona! You can't rename a horse like that!''
You only get Epona once though so remember to save!

nath999

EBGames MARCH 10 ONLY get DOUBLE TRADE CREDIT on #PS4, #XboxOne, #WiiU, #3DS & #Switch games! No better time to trade and save!

I don't really have anything left to trade.

Socreges

Banned
I'm always a bit skeptical of reviews for those products since some are paid.
Use ReviewMeta to filter out bs reviews. I have the browser extension and use it all the time.
On my phone, so I don't think I can do that. Would someone mind checking for me? It's the right buy for me, if reviews check out.

I also am currently using this Aukey (no USB-C) and it's been just fine.

EBGames MARCH 10 ONLY get DOUBLE TRADE CREDIT on #PS4, #XboxOne, #WiiU, #3DS & #Switch games! No better time to trade and save!

I think I'm gonna go up and trade in Torment, I didn't realize how much the enormous walls of text with no VO would bore the hell out of me.

finalhour

Has anyone tried returning to sender on a package from Best Buy? I don't have a best buy where I live and need to send back a game.

Reddaye

Banned
Is it really that bad? Was hoping for a Giant Bomb quicklook on it, but I don't think they've done one

They play it for a bit during their Switch launch livestream if you want to get the basic idea of their opinion. From what I remember, they didn't like the single player, but had fun with the MP.

The weird isometric viewpoint for single player is kind of off-putting.

Seik

Banned
You only get Epona once though so remember to save!

That was my second time, though the first time I thought it was a regular horse, only with Epona's colors, so I let it go in peace. I didn't know you were getting THE Epona.

The second time was yesterday I was looking to get it after reading the thread that explains what each Amiibo can get you, so I kept it! :)

kinger

That was my second time, though the first time I thought it was a regular horse, only with Epona's colors, so I let it go in peace. I didn't know you were getting THE Epona.

The second time was yesterday I was looking to get it after reading the thread that explains what each Amiibo can get you, so I kept it! :)
I stand corrected. That's good to know! Congrats on your Epona ;)

Lizardus

Got my Collector's Edition of XCX from Nintendo. The flash drive has some weight to it, I was expecting it to be cheap plastic. The artbook is nice too.

On other note, has anyone gotten an estimate on the BotW Deluxe Edition guide?

I'll probably contribute to shipping wars if I don't get Mass Effect on time, haha.

Plus it's the start of the year, the deals aren't too crazy yet.

I have a bunch of Atom Tickets $5 off codes I could spit out to everyone, if you guys want some!

I'd take them! The girlfriend and I want to see Kong so might as well save money.

FN-2187

I wonder how much you'd get for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. My son has been wanting to get Sun/Moon for awhile. Curious how little it would cost to trade up.

killroy87

I wonder how much you'd get for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. My son has been wanting to get Sun/Moon for awhile. Curious how little it would cost to trade up.

Unless he's super desperate, don't trade in a Pokemon game. They become incredibly hard to find/valuable once the new ones release.

No_Style

I am very curious what EB Games will give me for:

• Halo 4 (360)
  • Gears of War 1, 2, 3 (360)
  • Uncharted 1, 2, 3 (PS3)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
I have PS4/X1 versions of all of those titles so I just want to dump them.

Ventara

Wait, is this towards anything? If so, can I just pick up my Zelda Switch preorder, and then just trade it in right there for $80 (I think someone mentioned base for it was $40, iirc)?

i-Jest

Unless he's super desperate, don't trade in a Pokemon game. They become incredibly hard to find/valuable once the new ones release.

What Killroy said. A year or two after the new games come out, the previous gen goes out of print and prices rise then after. This is especially true for CIB games. Gen 1-3 CIB games go for collector prices now. Gen 4, especially HG and SS can be a bit on the ridiculous side. Gen 5 is getting to that point. It's weird because mainline pokemon games always have large print runs. How they can only go up in value when out of print has me scratching my head sometimes.

So yeah, hold onto that Alpha Sapphire. My advice is to wait for Cyber Monday, Black Friday, or Boxing day for a possible discount off Pokemon games. Either that or buy full price and never look back. If he doesn't mind digital games, buy your son Sun/Moon off the Eshop when there's a sale.

Belickade

Neo Member
I'm guessing you kept it then. I really have no use for it so something is better than nothing. I don't even need the case!

I just wish it was worth a dollar or two. I have 3 copies of the game I really wanted to get rid of. Keep in mind, this is with the double trade in, so I guess it would have been worth 20 cents!

I just wish it was worth a dollar or two. I have 3 copies of the game I really wanted to get rid of. Keep in mind, this is with the double trade in, so I guess it would have been worth 20 cents!

They sell the x360 gears titles for $0.99 or so...

When the remaster came out it was 50 times more expensive.

TheExodu5

Banned
Spoke to a guy that runs a retail store today. He said that Microplay refusing to sell me the Switch unless I bought 3 other items was most certainly not legal.

Contacted their corporate about it. Might contact Nintendo as well.

Porkepik

Spoke to a guy that runs a retail store today. He said that Microplay refusing to sell me the Switch unless I bought 3 other items was most certainly not legal.

Contacted their corporate about it. Might contact Nintendo as well.
Well I bought mine at microplay and did not buy anything else at the same time , so the vendor surely took it on him to establish the bullshit rule you refer to

I am very curious what EB Games will give me for:

• Halo 4 (360)
  • Gears of War 1, 2, 3 (360)
  • Uncharted 1, 2, 3 (PS3)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
I have PS4/X1 versions of all of those titles so I just want to dump them.

Sell it as a "non-remastered version" bundle. I'm sure there are some fans out there who want the original discs. Just look at Star Wars! "Play as Master Chief before he got digitally replaced by Hayden Christensen."

Moltenix

Jeez, EB has been going nuts with these double credit promos lately.

They've done it so often that i've already ditched most of my unwanted games already lol

FN-2187

Think it's $20, so doubles to $40.

What Killroy said. A year or two after the new games come out, the previous gen goes out of print and prices rise then after. This is especially true for CIB games. Gen 1-3 CIB games go for collector prices now. Gen 4, especially HG and SS can be a bit on the ridiculous side. Gen 5 is getting to that point. It's weird because mainline pokemon games always have large print runs. How they can only go up in value when out of print has me scratching my head sometimes.

So yeah, hold onto that Alpha Sapphire. My advice is to wait for Cyber Monday, Black Friday, or Boxing day for a possible discount off Pokemon games. Either that or buy full price and never look back. If he doesn't mind digital games, buy your son Sun/Moon off the Eshop when there's a sale.

Thanks for the advice, fellas. I made the mistake of telling him before reading these so now he is really excited that he might be able to get Sun tomorrow. Haha I tried backtracking and telling him it's actually not that good of a deal but the damage is done. I'll keep that in mind with Sun though. Make sure he holds on to that one.

Porkepik

I'm going to head out after dinner and put it towards Switch game promo which mentions PS3/360 doubling. Give me my 20 cents!
Sure if you have a switch go for it, that will make a big dent in the invoice 😂. But yeah the switch double trade is fine for older ps3 or 360 games you don t touch anymore. I was considering my lego titles

Moltenix

Sure if you have a switch go for it, that will make a big dent in the invoice 😂. But yeah the switch double trade is fine for older ps3 or 360 games you don t touch anymore. I was considering my lego titles

Oh snap, PS3 games work for the Switch version of the 2x promo? Hmm, I wonder what my many AssCreed games are worth before the promo? 50 cents each? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom