• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Except it is.
Except it isn't.
Double Trade Credit - March 10th only

Customers will get double the trade value for any eligible games they trade in!

Eligible for Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U or 3DS games. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Credit cannot be used towards the purchase of pre-paid MasterCards and/or VISAs. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made.

No_Style

Sell it as a "non-remastered version" bundle. I'm sure there are some fans out there who want the original discs. Just look at Star Wars! "Play as Master Chief before he got digitally replaced by Hayden Christensen."

I considered it but then I'll be dealing with Kijiji people and that's just not fun at all. lol

Damn. Dinner ran long and I'm out of time to go trade in stuff. I hope my Gears of War 2 TIV doesn't drop to 5 cents.

Belickade

Neo Member
Except it isn't.

Except it is.

Why would you quote a promo that isn't even active yet? Obviously if I have the value for those 2 games, I got them from a current promo, right? And the only active promo for double credit is for the Switch which I've quoted below.

Double Trade Credit Towards Everything Switch

Offer Ends April 2

Customers will get double the trade value for any eligible games they trade towards the pre-order or purchase of any Switch hardware, games and accessories!

Eligible for trades of Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U or 3DS games. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made.

On the switch double trade only, not the promo for tomorrow on anything but yay ok

It's ok to be wrong :)

tiijj

Maybe you guys should make an extra thread to figure out if it is or if it isn't. I come here for shipping issues and for the switch! Maybe deals as well, just maybe.

jholmes

I wonder how much you'd get for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. My son has been wanting to get Sun/Moon for awhile. Curious how little it would cost to trade up.

Maybe The Source will do another $25 off $50, because they did have Sun and Moon available last time.

killroy87

Thanks for the advice, fellas. I made the mistake of telling him before reading these so now he is really excited that he might be able to get Sun tomorrow. Haha I tried backtracking and telling him it's actually not that good of a deal but the damage is done. I'll keep that in mind with Sun though. Make sure he holds on to that one.

Ugh, it kills me that you would do that lol. Just give him the money, and keep the game for yourself to sell at a higher value.

For some reason I hate the idea of rare games mistakenly being traded into EB. I just know employees are smart enough to snipe them right away.

Kyolux

Hmmm.. Maybe I should bring Horizon and buy it back when price goes down since I got it for cheap.

I wonder how much I'd get for Watch Dogs 2 and KH 2.8.

Not sure what I'd put everything toward though. Nier maybe, but I'd have to ask my gf if she wouldn't mind. She's supposed to get it for my bday.

Otherwise I guess I'll check what I could pre-order.

Going from above poster suggestion, I guess I'll do just that.

DVCY201

It's better that you do. If you apply the credit right away, it is deducted before tax, but if you get it put on your card and applied later it is deducted after tax from your purchase

Oops. They applied some of it to my card. Ah, well, my bad

Got my Nier Automata Black Box Edition today and by some miracle wasent hit by import fee's, im honestly quite shocked, it was $180 USD i believe.

It's better that you do. If you apply the credit right away, it is deducted before tax, but if you get it put on your card and applied later it is deducted after tax from your purchase
I never even knew you could retain credit on your Edge card. I've only ever traded in with intent on buying a game at the same time.

Good to know that it's applied before taxes, though.

F4r0_Atak

For people who pre-ordered Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on Amazon.ca...

it seems like the game is no more listed on their website (for now). I have even check using the search bar and the only things that pops up are the Crash Bandicoot on PS1.

Original link for the game:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N7I0IY9/

EDIT: I've also checked the order in which I had a pre-order for the game and it's still there. So, if Amazon didn't remove the game in my order, to me the malfunctioning page looks like an honest mistake.

EDIT2: I've also checked using Google and searched for Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy Amazon.ca, the page for the game can still be viewed through Google cached. Funny thing, if you still want to make a pre-order for the game, you can't do it through normal means. You'll have to use the Google cached version and add it to cart, then sign in and confirm the pre-order.

Google cached version of the same link:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....ilogy/dp/B01N7I0IY9+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

espher

Not to go too much into amiibo conversation, but since this is a general packing gripe of mine that has come up in the past with CEs... I fucking hate how Amazon packs collectible items in boxes.

When I open a box with ten amiibo in it, and seven of them arrive with the boxes ripped or folded in half... like what the fuck.

I guess I get to play the local retail hunt amiibo game again now, whee.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not to go too much into amiibo conversation, but since this is a general packing gripe of mine that has come up in the past with CEs... I fucking hate how Amazon packs collectible items in boxes.

When I open a box with ten amiibo in it, and seven of them arrive with the boxes ripped or folded in half... like what the fuck.

Now I feel bad that mine come in perfect condition and then I open them.

Murdamonk

I have just bought a PS4 Pro 2 weeks ago.

Do you guys think that I should trade my base PS4 (2tb SSHD) at Eb games towards credit to buy the Switch? If yes, how much should I expect to get for it?

I can probably get a higher amount if I sell it on Kijiji, right?

I have just bought a PS4 Pro 2 weeks ago.

Do you guys think that I should trade my base PS4 (2tb SSHD) at Eb games towards credit to buy the Switch? If yes, how much should I expect to get for it?

I can probably get a higher amount if I sell it on Kijiji, right?

Can you swap back in the original HDD that came with the system? You should try and keep that 2tb sshd as an external drive for your Pro.

Kijiji will probably get you more but EB is less hassle.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yeah, my BotW Amiibo all had their tops folded down. I don't care, as I open mine, but I know a ton of people that would hate that.

Can you swap back in the original HDD that came with the system? You should try and keep that 2tb sshd as an external drive for your Pro.

Kijiji will probably get you more but EB is less hassle.

Agreed. Had no luck trying to sell online for more than $200 (lowballers). EB last month gave around $200 trade in (so more like $225), no hassle.

I never enjoyed Nier. I'll trade this one for a Pro controller.

Will Nier Automata be one of those more rare games like Yakuza i.e. Slow to get a price drop? Trying to decide between Horizon and Nier:A.

Evuk

Will Nier Automata be one of those more rare games like Yakuza i.e. Slow to get a price drop? Trying to decide between Horizon and Nier:A.

If you're looking for a open world sandbox game with beautiful graphics and great story, get Horizon.

If you're looking for a bullet hell awesome combat corridor shooter, get Nier.

NYR

I've gone to 3 EBs around me to find one and was unsuccessful :(

It's only been a week since the release, they obviously are getting shipments weekly, I'm sure you'll be able to find one in a store in a couple of weeks.

farisr

For people who pre-ordered Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on Amazon.ca...

it seems like the game is no more listed on their website (for now). I have even check using the search bar and the only things that pops up are the Crash Bandicoot on PS1.

Original link for the game:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N7I0IY9/

EDIT: I've also checked the order in which I had a pre-order for the game and it's still there. So, if Amazon didn't remove the game in my order, to me the malfunctioning page looks like an honest mistake.

EDIT2: I've also checked using Google and searched for Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy Amazon.ca, the page for the game can still be viewed through Google cached. Funny thing, if you still want to make a pre-order for the game, you can't do it through normal means. You'll have to use the Google cached version and add it to cart, then sign in and confirm the pre-order.

Google cached version of the same link:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....ilogy/dp/B01N7I0IY9+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
I'm hoping this is just a result of them possibly making a new listing at the regular $50 MSRP with a proper prime discount on top of it rather than the shenanigans they were pulling where they were acting like $50 was a "sale price" rather than a drop in MSRP, therefore getting away with not giving out a full 20% discount.

But just in case they pull as "sorry, we're not carrying this title, so we've canceled your order", I made a preorder at bestbuy.ca (there are only 7 remaining now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom