• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use it right away you don't get taxed on it, correct. If you save it to an Edge card for later you will get charged tax on it when you use it later.

You can cancel a pre-ordered game and instantly pick something else or apply your credit on another pre-order to save taxes though.

You can "game" the system by moving you credits on pre-orders instead of having it straight on your card.

if someone was to tell me the new Bomberman game was a Steam Greenlight game, i'd believe him

Yeah, it feels like a steam knockoff of a classic game. Right down to the iffy controls. Replace the visuals on the character models and item pick ups and it would look just like that.

antibolo

Banned
Tiny cable? It's 6' long, how long do you need it? I just bought the official one last night and will use it when playing in bed, or when charging the pro controller. 6' is plenty long for that.

If I needed to charge it while on the couch then I'd need a longer cord but as it is...

Ah so it's longer than the one that comes with the console?

bryt

Hmm, I think I'm gonna put all my credit on an EDGE card and wait until the games I want to go down to $30-40 before buying them. Better than saving the tax if I'm just a little patient.

Maddog

Hmm, I think I'm gonna put all my credit on an EDGE card and wait until the games I want to go down to $30-40 before buying them. Better than saving the tax if I'm just a little patient.

Put the credit towards a preorder and then shift it later.

Just pre-order a bunch of games(even if you don't want them) and move your credits when the time is right.

Edit: What Maddog said

Lexxism

No. Don't do that. You are losing those pre-tax dollars.

bryt

Ohhh so even if I buy a brand new game without preordering. I can still save the tax?

Just to be clear. If I wait for a game to go down to $30-40 then ring it up at the counter and if I have preorders in the system I can use the money from the preorders to buy the $30-40 game without paying tax?

Hedgey

Anyone having any luck with Link amiibo? Seems like they're sold out everywhere except the new BotW amiibo (which don't unlock any armor sets) and 8-Bit Link (Which has a unique armor set, and I picked up but hell is it ugly)

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Collector’s Edition is up for pre-order @ the Square Enix Online Store. $199.99 O_O

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pr...sy-xii-the-zodiac-age-collector-s-edition-ps4

Dat art tho...

8be3d1cd0f01ff3f8f54ea8cace2557a_496_KR.jpg

leeman

Wow, got a lot of credit at EB.

Traded in..
Smash Bros Wii U - $50 I think
Mario Kart 8 - $44?
FFXV PS4 - $48?

$142 pre-tax credit for games I'm not gonna play, sweet.

bryt

Sweet. What are you going to use the credit for?

IDK yet. I put a bunch of it on games that have no release date yet. I can't justify buying games for $80 even with this double credit so I might just cancel and put it on an EDGE card later on. I rather get two games at $40 than one game at $80 even if u lose the tax.

You got rid of BotW already?! That game is so good and freakin' huge.

I got the Wii U version. I couldn't find a switch so I traded it in haha.

theosi

FYI - Trade-in values I got at EBgames today (after promotion)

Battlefield 1: $56
Dishonoured 2: $46
Uncharted 4: $34
Kingdom Hearts 2.8: $80
Rise of the Tomb Raider: $56

antibolo

Banned
I hope someone trades in a Rhythm Thief in my area...

(looks up eBay)

Woah. I guess I know what my most valuable 3DS game is now.

Isn't that game on the eShop now? I know it wasn't there at first (released before they started putting all retail games on the eShop), but I'm pretty sure they added it eventually?

iiicon

(looks up eBay)

Isn't that game on the eShop now? I know it wasn't there at first (released before they started putting all retail games on the eShop), but I'm pretty sure they added it eventually?
It is, and was in a Humble Bundle so someone might have a key laying around.

Luigi87

FYI - Trade-in values I got at EBgames today (after promotion)

Battlefield 1: $56
Dishonoured 2: $46
Uncharted 4: $34
Kingdom Hearts 2.8: $80
Rise of the Tomb Raider: $56

Damn, I'm tempted to trade 2.8 in for 1.5+2.5, and then just rebuy 2.8 down the road when it's cheaper.

Still waiting on the Canadian GTX1080 Ti price. Goodbye wallet.

Nvidia is $920 CDN but $$$ Shipping and probably not duty
Amazon EVGA FE is $929 preorder
NCIX/MEMX seem to all be $999 preorder.

I tried to cancel nvidia to get it from amazon but was too slow. Mine will be here on Monday

(looks up eBay)

Yes it's there but I want a physical copy.

Nvidia is $920 CDN but $$$ Shipping and probably not duty
Amazon EVGA FE is $929 preorder
NCIX/MEMX seem to all be $999 preorder.

I tried to cancel nvidia to get it from amazon but was too slow. Mine will be here on Monday

Honestly that's better than I thought it would be. I figured reference would be $999.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom