• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has prime savings always said they don't apply to Collectors editions? Because it does now.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy. That was one of the few obvious advantages of the Prime discount over the E3 discount, and now it's (maybe) gone.

It has always said this I believe, and they have continued to give the discount anyway :)

Got Prime. Have Tekken 7 Collector's Edition on pre-order. Got the discount.

tekken_zps9e3ldxbf.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Whats the cheapest way to buy Snipperclips?

Anyone ever go to those Sony advanced screenings?

Have tickets to see Baby Driver next Monday in Toronto but I'm in London - how early should I go? It says they give away more than the capacity to ensure a full theater.

antibolo

Banned
1800 yen from Amazon Japan. You've got to sign up for a new account with a Japanese shipping address for them to let you buy it digitally though.

You don't need to create a new account, adding a dummy domestic address to an existing account works fine.

(Although Amazon Japan accounts are separate from the rest of Amazon, which is probably what you meant)

RS4-

Anyone ever go to those Sony advanced screenings?

Have tickets to see Baby Driver next Monday in Toronto but I'm in London - how early should I go? It says they give away more than the capacity to ensure a full theater.

I'd ask for the ticket, but Sony reps are pretty stingy and check IDs.

Unless these are hard passes without your name on it :eek:

I'd show up an hour early, unless it's a major film like MCU or DCEU. I think BvS and Civil War lineups started outside and they had to stagger the amount of people going in, at Scotiabank. Baby Driver has some hyper surrounding it, so you'd probably have to get there 90 mins ahead of time, because there's no guarantee what time the reps actually give out tickets, and it's a free for all trying to get seats.

For advance screenings, I'd say arrive 30-60 minutes beforehand. Any later than that and you'll be in the front section.

Also depends on the weather, location, and the type of movie.

Certain screenings will require you to check your phone in.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
Did you put a US address by any chance?

Did they start checking IPs or did you use a Canadian billing address?

I had a US address in there, it didn't even let me get to select the address, right when I click buy i get this.

I tried making a new account and same thing, even when you access it through a us ip it asks to enter a cc and whenever i try to enter mine it says invalid card. Probably cause its Canadian :/

Dazzler

I'd ask for the ticket, but Sony reps are pretty stingy and check IDs.

Unless these are hard passes without your name on it :eek:

I'd show up an hour early, unless it's a major film like MCU or DCEU. I think BvS and Civil War lineups started outside and they had to stagger the amount of people going in, at Scotiabank. Baby Driver has some hyper surrounding it, so you'd probably have to get there 90 mins ahead of time, because there's no guarantee what time the reps actually give out tickets, and it's a free for all trying to get seats.

screenings without assigned seating these days are indefensible

RS4-

For advance screenings, I'd say arrive 30-60 minutes beforehand. Any later than that and you'll be in the front section.

Also depends on the weather, location, and the type of movie.

Certain screenings will require you to check your phone in.

screenings without assigned seating these days are indefensible

Oh yeah, I've only had to check my phone in a few times over the past few years. Power Rangers, Shallows, Fast 6 I think, off the top of my head.

So easy to get fucked by seats, even if you do show up early.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, for advanced screenings, I advise an hour early, definitely. Phone check-in's can be real weird. Usually they have boxes, and once was just putting them in plastic sandwich bags, haha.

Super lucky that you're seeing Baby Driver early! I'm seeing The Mummy early next week.

leeman

So if I missed the EB and BestBuy amiibo pre-orders, what can I do now?

Walmart will have most of them. The exclusives you will want to wait until probably the day of, and Amazon / EB / BB should have more of them. BB hasn't put up Bayo 2 yet either, so you are still safe there...

Ventara

Let's not do the whole "I hope EB goes under" thing again. More competition and options is good for us, and EB has pretty good used game sales occasionally.

Let's not do the whole "I hope EB goes under" thing again. More competition and options is good for us, and EB has pretty good used game sales occasionally.

QFT

I dont understand the (recent) hate for them. They've had the best deals 2016-2017 of any retailer. Especially trade in deals.

Plus the only store with adequate stock of Yakuza 0 on day 1.

QFT

I dont understand the (recent) hate for them. They've had the best deals 2016-2017 of any retailer. Especially trade in deals.

Plus the only store with adequate stock of Yakuza 0 on day 1.

What deals have they had besides trade-in deals? I feel like out of all the retailers, EB Games has the WORST deals of any retailer if you don't trade your games in. The last time I bought something from them was 2015, and that was because they were the only store that sold Steam controllers at launch.

That said, it's a bit crazy to want EBGames to go out of business because they're giving away fidget spinners.

farisr

QFT

But-but-but-but that one employee that one time actually dared to talk to me and try to sell me on a pre-order. The horror! That evil EBgames forcing those poor people to do that. I hope EB shuts down and makes those people lose their jobs.

Ventara

What deals have they had besides trade-in deals? I feel like out of all the retailers, EB Games has the WORST deals of any retailer if you don't trade your games in. The last time I bought something from them was 2015, and that was because they were the only store that sold Steam controllers at launch.

That said, it's a bit crazy to want EBGames to go out of business because they're giving away fidget spinners.

A lot of price drops and sales that people were jumping on at Amazon were merely them price-matching EB. People just didn't realize since they don't frequent the store. In terms of used games, they're often doing buy 2 for xx or b2g1f.

And simply having a brick and mortar store with a decent selection of niche games is a deal in and of itself in a way.

Vinc

But-but-but-but that one employee that one time actually dared to talk to me and try to sell me on a pre-order. The horror! That evil EBgames forcing those poor people to do that. I hope EB shuts down and makes those people lose their jobs.

I really, really don't want them to shut down because the more competition, the better. However, I really, really don't like the aggressive upselling they do. It does make me avoid the stores entirely unless they have crazy deals. I don't know what experiences others are having, but at my local EB the upselling is extremely aggressive, with employees adopting a very passive-aggressive attitude as soon as you politely refuse their offers. It's ridiculously unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom