• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a foreign card? I think Sony killed all the foreign CC transactions on PSN. My Canadian CC is invalid now on my JPN PSN acc but the same card is fine on my main Canadian PSN acc.

Canadian PayPal and Canadian card :(

Yep, has happened to me twice now.

If you live in an apartment try putting your apartment # in line 1 and the rest of your address in line 2. That's one potential fix.

I'm in a house but I did double check that addresses matched and they do.

This is so weird!

Canadian PayPal and Canadian card :(

I'm in a house but I did double check that addresses matched and they do.

This is so weird!

I had this happen once when messing around in my account trying to get a pstv hooked up. Pretty sure it's a security thing that Sony is purposely vague about.

Still shit, but I didn't do anything and it started working again after a day or so.

Good luck.

the issue isnt permanent from my experience, probably fix itself

I had this happen once when messing around in my account trying to get a pstv hooked up. Pretty sure it's a security thing that Sony is purposely vague about.

Still shit, but I didn't do anything and it started working again after a day or so.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, guess I'll wait it out and see!

EDIT:

Going through the weirdest thing - decides to buy a PSN card off of Staples.ca to see if that worked, and the order went through and my card was charged. However, I just got an email from Staples saying they cancelled my order because my info I gave them doesn't match the info my credit card company has on file (it does - I checked). However, I'm still charged. Anyone deal with something like this?

What an awful day for my credit card.

Thanks guys, guess I'll wait it out and see!

EDIT:

Going through the weirdest thing - decides to buy a PSN card off of Staples.ca to see if that worked, and the order went through and my card was charged. However, I just got an email from Staples saying they cancelled my order because my info I gave them doesn't match the info my credit card company has on file (it does - I checked). However, I'm still charged. Anyone deal with something like this?

What an awful day for my credit card.

Likely just a temporary authorization. It'll disappear in 3 business days. Very common, especially online.

c-murph

Yeah, they're bad for not always labelling sale prices, or I've sometimes had them forget to scan an item they put in my bag. You could probably call their customer service number to complain and get credited the points. I usually try to go over the $50 by like $5 just in case, and then I double-check with the cashier that I got to the $50 before I pay.

Oh, maybe I'll do that. Couldn't hurt any ways.

Kyolux

Anyone else than Proteus and I getting Bridge Crew anytime soon? Antibolo, did you decide not to get it after all? Would be cool to play with a whole CanadaGaf crew.

RS4-

Lol RFD, bunch of cheap fucks. One guy was so lazy he just copy and pasted my ad into kijiji for himself.

He'd probably price match for a 5 cent difference and complain that they didn't do the 10% on top of it.

Amazon delivered John Wick 2 4K Bluray to me today despite the release date for it being June 13th.

Why can't you do this with games, guys. :p

Big Chungus

I bought Yakuza 0 online at Best Buy and got it today, the disc is loose inside...

I know the disc will be fine but it just irritates me that i'm paying $79 for a loose disc, i'm going to return it methinks and try to order again.

Unless Best Buy offers a prepaid label option?

Kyolux

I bought Yakuza 0 online at Best Buy and got it today, the disc is loose inside...

I know the disc will be fine but it just irritates me that i'm paying $79 for a loose disc, i'm going to return it methinks and try to order again.

Loose discs happens all the time. I wouldn't worry about it. I receive more games loose than properly set in the case and never had any issues. It's those damn PS4 game cases that are bad.

CaLe

No reason to return it if the disc is fine. Happens to me all the time.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

That's a Sony shitty case problem, not a BB problem.

kevin1025

Banned

It's a common occurrence for me nowadays. I'm surprised when the disc is still in place now.

DVCY201

When I pay top dollar, I want a top dollar product. I despise it when that happens, and just do an exchange.

Sora_N

Anyone know if Americans or other countries can use our Canadian steam cards?

I have a gift card at the ms store and nothing to buy. Thinking of buying steam cards and selling at discount or something.

Lexxism

Anyone know if Americans or other countries can use our Canadian steam cards?

I have a gift card at the ms store and nothing to buy. Thinking of buying steam cards and selling at discount or something.
I just remember when MS was selling a USD steam cards. I got $135 on the $100 gift card I bought. Maybe I should had bought more that time.

On your question, yes.

Dazzler

I get the loose disc in the box issue occasionally too, it's more down to the shitty plastic spindles Sony use than anything else. They seem brittle and prone to breaking

+1 for loose discs. It's not even that the spindles are broken, they just don't seem to grip the disc tightly. I don't buy a lot of Blu-Rays these days but I find those cases have had similar issues (I bought a copy of UHF the other day and the disc was loose). I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's pretty unlikely the disc will be scratched just from being loose in the case.

killroy87

Yup, gotten lots of loose discs. Nver had a problem once, Never even seen a visual blemish on a disc. Blu-rays have some insane protective coating on them, they're known for being incredibly durable.

Adding to the loose disc group. 2/5 purchases online the disc was loose.

Doesnt matter as the game installs to the HDD anyways.

Rules for online:
-don't expect day 1 delivery (even if promised)
-don't expect perfect packaging (look at the buyers who got TLG collectors...shipped in the collector box itself from one retailer)

L3E2

Haha oh man, was hoping that things would've changed when I went on lunch break.

Anyone else get hit with that scheduled maintenance message citing maintenance on September 26, 2016? Found that quite hilarious.

They didn't use gofobo last year did they? I remember having problems trying to get tickets, but it wasn't this hard lol.

sj00

Haha oh man, was hoping that things would've changed when I went on lunch break.

Anyone else get hit with that scheduled maintenance message citing maintenance on September 26, 2016? Found that quite hilarious.

They didn't use gofobo last year did they? I remember having problems trying to get tickets, but it wasn't this hard lol.

They used EventGrid last year and the year before. It was still rough, but yeah, not this bad.

Kyolux

Montreal is the closest for me and it being a weekday means it's too far for me. Oh well. Not like Ottawa is an important place or anything...

leeman

Anyone who wants Theatre Tickets to the PlayStation 2017 E3 Experience, they are free now:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/e3experience/

Edit: Server currently crashed :p. May have to keep trying

Edit 2: Tickets available for Calgary, Burnaby, Winnipeg, Toronto, & Montreal

Were you able to get any tickets? Have tried multiple times on my phone but couldn't get gofobo to load.

PlayStation just issued a statement saying that it's basically broken. I will update when it actually works :p

leeman

Weren't they always free?

Yeah, I guess I should have rephrased that. I meant that they were free, and were available now. But, I guess it kind of came out wrong in that they were always free and their server crashed so they weren't even available haha

First time Amazon uses Intelcom for me in Quebec City. Did not even know they did delivery here. Pretty painless but still scared with all the stories I read here.

Edit:

Trying to change address for a few orders on Amazon. I pick the new address than it takes me to a blank page with " Your Account > Your Orders > Order Summary #7XXXXXXXXXX > Confirm Payment Method". Ever happened to anyone? I don't feel like talking to a CSR for every single order I want to change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom