• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

So it's safe to order a TV from Amazon, they won't leave it at the door until I get back from work?
I really want to get that X900E in preparation for all the 4K goodness coming to Xbox and PS4.

For a TV, I'd either send it to the post office if possible or make sure someone is home.

Kyolux

That's true.

I tried the post office, it says that item can't be shipped there. Probably too big.

Yeah I thought something like that might be the case. :(

As for liability if they leave it outside, hopefully it's theirs.. but going through any hassle for this kind of thing to prove that it's gone, etc. would suck.

Question for computer people:

Will this laptop be able to watch Big Brother live feeds without much issue? I'll have to use a VPN to watch them.

Hewlett Packard 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Intel Celeron N3060, 4GB Ram, 16B eMMC Storage, Chrome OS), Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KWCIC8C/

I know it's not the best laptop by any means, but I literally just need it to watch Big Brother and write papers for school.

Stat!

Random Q: I bought Mario without a Walmart account. Then I bought Splatoon and registered for an account. How do I check my Walmart and Mr Noodles order?

Kiro

Here is my haul. Wish I got FEW/XB2 for >$50 with Amazon Glitch. Waiting on Kirby too. I also completely missed BB 40-60% off glitch, so if that goes through I'll be bummed.

XHod8Cp.png

(Note: Many dates are placeholders)

What are all your spreadsheets like?

beta_fuse

So I ended up preordering Yoshi and Kirby @$99.99 just because I'm assuming they will end up dropping in price and I want that 20% but holy shit. Like if for wtv reason they don't drop in price I'm cancelling cause $100+ for a game is criminal.

Stopdoor

What's the deal with the Best Buy 20% off code, you can use it on more than 1 order right? Or do I have to be sure I've got everything I want to pre-order in 1 order?

What are all your spreadsheets like?

from amazon:

08 22 uncharted: lost legacy
08 29 yakuza: kiwami
10 10 middle earth: shadow of war
10 27 assassin’s creed: origins
10 31 dragon’s dogma: dark arisen
12 28 death stranding
12 28 day’s gone
12 28 spider-man
12 28 red dead redemption 2
12 28 metro: exodus
12 28 monster hunter world
12 28 code vein

may be 1-2 cancellations. gonna be a busy december! :) ...

So I ended up preordering Yoshi and Kirby @$99.99 just because I'm assuming they will end up dropping in price and I want that 20% but holy shit. Like if for wtv reason they don't drop in price I'm cancelling cause $100+ for a game is criminal.

That's what I did too, and yeah no way in hell am I going to be able to continue the hobby if games are going to be starting at $100, especially when I have to get 2/3 copies for some games so everyone can play together =S

Mine (E3 + pre-existing pre-orders):

0YqM4Vn.png

A whoooooooole bunch of doubles to hedge my bets. A bunch of those will be cancelled. A bunch more will probably be cancelled because I can probably wait on them (Call of Duty, Battlefront II, Anthem, Kingdom Hearts III, etc., etc., etc.).

I don't expect much more, but if Metro Exodus PC goes up at some point, I'm definitely snagging that.

Iced

Do the pc games on amazon come on disc or with a code? I'd hate to have to keep putting in the disc when I want to play.

Regardless of either, most (if not all) physical PC games ship with a code that you can use on Steam or whatever service the game runs on.

I always enjoy this time of year as I get to see im not the only crazy person to order a ridiculous amount of video games.

Yep. I went to make a spreadsheet for my 8 or so preorders and I thought, "is this too much?" Then I checked this thread and realized it actually might not be enough...

kevin1025

Banned
I always enjoy this time of year as I get to see im not the only crazy person to order a ridiculous amount of video games.

I have 49 pre-orders, on top of my final E3 2015 order with FF7 Remake, Dead Island 2, and South Park. I hope someone has more than that... please...? Haha.

(I'll probably end up with 30 or so of them, since half are 2018 games.)

Regardless of either, most (if not all) physical PC games ship with a code that you can use on Steam or whatever service the game runs on.

Yep. I went to make a spreadsheet for my 8 or so preorders and I thought, "is this too much?" Then I checked this thread and realized it actually might not be enough...

Thanks, do you know if walmart charges right away or waits till they ship?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does it not say "signature is required"?

I mean if it's a pricey thing, no way they would just drop it and go.
Amazon courier be like "😆🤣😂", they would probably thow it through the window of the car if they could...

Yup. I cannot remember the last time I bought a new PC game that required the disc. In fact, many PC games don't even include a disc at all--recent EA games like Mass Effect Andromeda, for example.

Here's my haul currently:

• Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - June 30th
  • Uncharted: Lost Legacy (I guess also Jak and Daxter??) - August 22nd
  • Everybody's Golf - August 29th
  • Yakuza Kiwami - August 29th
  • Destiny 2 (PC) - October 24th
  • Assassin's Creed Origins - October 27th
  • Call of Duty WWII (PC) - November 3rd
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (PC) - November 17th
  • Days Gone
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Death Stranding
  • FF7 Remake
  • Spider-Man

I've been holding Spider-Man, Kingdom Hearts III, and FF7 since last year. Crash I've been holding since it went up for pre-order.

Ventara

Here's mine. Lots of dupes and maybes that I need to cancel. Just waiting to see of Amazon/Best Buy cancel anything.

I'll probably put in one more set of preorders at BB before all is said and done.

Stopdoor

Just argued with Amazon chat rep, their 20% off deal during E3 isn't exclusive to Prime members right? I probably won't have Prime anymore once something like Prime 4 releases, so I'm not sure I want to deal with any confusion hassle.

I guess I'll just order it from Best Buy for 20% off to avoid that crap, if it's $99 now but goes down in list price that all works out the same way as Amazon right?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Welp, I've ordered the X900E off Amazon. It says here they will leave a note if no one answers and hopefully I can call them to schedule a delivery when I am home. Also apparently there will be three delivery attempts, and if all unsuccessful the item will be returned to Amazon and purchase will be refunded.
So I think I should be covered, hopefully.

Welp, I've ordered the X900E off Amazon. It says here they will leave a note if no one answers and hopefully I can call them to schedule a delivery when I am home. Also apparently there will be three delivery attempts, and if all unsuccessful the item will be returned to Amazon and purchase will be refunded.

Sounds like Fed-Ex if it's three attempts

Fularu

Banned

Amazon uses special delivery companies for large items. They will schedule an appointment with you prior to delivery.

Also here's my list (I'm oldschool, no spreadsheet) :

1 - Kirby (NSW)
2 - Metroid Prime 4 (NSW)
3 - Yoshi (NSW)
4 - Super Lucky's Tale (XBONE)
5 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NSW)
6 - Assassin's Creed Origins (XBONE)
7 - Dragon Ball Fighter Z (PS4)
8 - Destiny 2 (PC)
9 - Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)
10 - Pokken Tournament DX (NSW)
11 - Radiant Historia (3DS)
12 - Etrian Odyssey V (3DS)
13 - Shin MEgami Tensei - Strange Journey Redux (3DS)
14 - Crash Trilogy (PS4)
15 - Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (NSW)
16 - Pokemon Ultra Moon (3DS)
17 - Pokemon Ultra Sun (3DS)
18 - Splatoon 2 (NSW)
19 - FIFA (NSW)
20 - Crackdown 3 (XBONE)
21 - Ni No Kuni 2 (PS4)
22 - Culdcept Revolt LE (3DS)
23 - Fire Emblem Warriors (NSW)
24 - Ys VIII (PS4)
25 - YS VIII (PSV)
26 - Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite (PS4)
27 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NSW)
28 - Arms (NSW)
29 - Death Stranding (PS4)
30 - Spiderman (PS4)
31 - God of War (PS4)
32 - Red dead Redemption 2 (XBONE)
33 - Call Of Duty WW2 (XBONE)
34 - Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
35 - Star Wars Battlefront 2 (XBONE)
36 - Tekken 7 (already there, PS4)
37 - Senran Kagura Peach Beach (PS4)
38 - Touhou Kobuto V (NSW)
39 - Cave Story+
40 - Owamari Midnight Shadows (PS4)
41 - Owamari Midnight Shadows (PSV)
42 - Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
43 - Final Fantasy XII Steelbook (PS4)
44 - Redoubt (NSW)
45 - Rime (NSW)
46 - Tokyo Xanadu LE (PSV)
47 - Mario Odyssey (NSW)
48 - Sonic Mania (NSW)

JDH

I'm going to go over my pre-orders with a fine-toothed comb before deciding what I'm keeping. I'm a patient guy, so besides pretty much all of the Nintendo games (which never go on sale) and a few PS4 games I really want to play Day 1, I'll probably wait until sub $30 discounts come along 6-9 months after release.

JDH

Lmfao ya that's Canada Post for me, I can't even make it upstairs and the assholes are already driving away and have a ticket on my door >.<

The worst is still Intelcom. I live in a Condo building that you need to be buzzed in, and they just state "No access to building" and drive away. 99% of the time I now have my deliveries come to work.

I see my colleagues judging me :(

$100 for a Kirby game, series known for 5-8 hour campaign, that's crazy talk, I'm with you. Even $80 is pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom