• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

N° 2048

I'm kind of hoping Amazon fucks my order up so it can push me to get the game digital and keep the game that comes with the TYH Edition sealed lol

I'm kind of hoping Amazon fucks my order up so it can push me to get the game digital and keep the game that comes with the TYH Edition sealed lol

I am itching to go digital but really want the TYH swag. Why couldn't this be one of those special editions that doesn't have the game included.

farisr

Not gaming I know, but received my UHD copy of Planet Earth II yesterday. Borrowed the regular bluray copy from my friend, did a quick comparison. All I can say is, wow.

Put on the standard bluray first, looked great and vivid when I put it on. But after checking out the UHD and switching between the two, the standard one ends up looking washed out in many scenes. The jungle scenes with a lot of greenery and not many other colors hold up decently well but pretty much every other scene there is a clear difference.

Not benefiting THAT much from the resolution increase due to the size of my TV and the the distance I sit at, but it's a big enough upgrade thanks to the HDR. Can't wait till a good quality (and affordable) 4k projector with good HDR is out and have this blow my mind again.

Even the regular Planet Earth on a 1080p projector looked terrific resolution wise, the mountains episode almost gave a 3D effect with its clarity and the way it was shot. Can't wait to see how this looks with a 120 inch HDR 4k image.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Man, I was so pumped that I might have been getting my copy of Persona 5 early from Amazon (says the order has been prepared and shipped on Mar 31). But, it's been sitting in shipping limbo the last 3 days.

Delivery is still for April 4th fortunately so I can't really complain... It just would've been nice since Amazon has delivered other people's copies early :(

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Not gaming I know, but received my UHD copy of Planet Earth II yesterday. Borrowed the regular bluray copy from my friend, did a quick comparison. All I can say is, wow.

Put on the standard bluray first, looked great and vivid when I put it on. But after checking out the UHD and switching between the two, the standard one ends up looking washed out in many scenes. The jungle scenes with a lot of greenery and not many other colors hold up decently well but pretty much every other scene there is a clear difference.

Not benefiting THAT much from the resolution increase due to the size of my TV and the the distance I sit at, but it's a big enough upgrade thanks to the HDR. Can't wait till a good quality (and affordable) 4k projector with good HDR is out and have this blow my mind again.

Even the regular Planet Earth on a 1080p projector looked terrific resolution wise, the mountains episode almost gave a 3D effect with its clarity and the way it was shot. Can't wait to see how this looks with a 120 inch HDR 4k image.

yup its brilliant. Got mine from Amazon.uk last week.

Does anyone know if the Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has everything on the disc? All the characters and modes. Its $15 off on Amazon and I'm thinking about getting it. Also I'm assuming the free download version of KI requires internet but the disc version doesn't?

Does anyone know if the Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has everything on the disc? All the characters and modes. Its $15 off on Amazon and I'm thinking about getting it.

It's missing some of the latest characters afaik and it's mostly a crapton of downloads rather than everything being on disc.

So it's not definitive enough...

Contact them. You can get the price lowered for things like that.
I tried that right away, and was shot down because of a departure scan.
Gave it another go just now, and the person was unable to give me a refund for the difference, but gave me $5 store credit as compensation. The difference was $5 anyway, so it's works.

Amazon CS is so bad though, good grief. I got transferred to an amazon.com rep at the start of the chat before I even said anything, and then spent 7 minutes with the guy trying to figure out why he couldn't find my order number in his system. It wasn't until I copied a portion of my invoice that he realized I had ordered through amazon.ca and transferred me back.

kennah

What's my best bet for getting my hands on a Zelda guide? Seems to be sold out everywhere (except for the $40 hard cover)

Kyolux

Canada Post is still doing this stupid thing where they ship to Montreal before sending it back to Gatineau, which is next to Ottawa.. In what world does this make sense?

Dalius

I can vouch for the Orzly tempered glass. Got mine on Thursday and it's great

Nice, thanks for the vouch! I just ordered one. Here's hoping I can apply it without bubbles - I'm pretty bad at applying screen protectors, never tried tempered glass before.

terrible

Banned
I got my Orzly screen protector yesterday myself. It went on really easily and it was only the 2nd time I've ever put a screen protector on anything. I haven't tried it in the dock but hopefully it doesn't have issues with the heat.

tsundoku

I'm going to suggest something extremely shisty but nonetheless a very possible option. Instead of shipping to Nintendo buy a single joycon from walmart, eb, bestbuy if you can, test to see it works and then return the faulty device.

You reduce the store inventory by 1 by returning them a faulty product. If the item would be hard to find you just screwed someone into not getting it. Would not be surprised if they tried to pass it to another customer.

Not shisty imo. Those returns go straight to Nintendo anyway AFAIK.

1) http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/id=900005387204/Is-Shyster-AntiSemitic?slreturn=20170302213422

2) Joycons are individually tagged with serial numbers so your fraudulent return will come back to bite you

---

been looking at my email graveyard since its been a literal month, and my pdp case from amazon hasn't shipped for the switch, my hori pad from ebgames hasn't shipped, and the screen protector i did manage to get shipped came with the sketchiest shipping and i'm not allowed to complain its never coming until april 18. But seriously, what glass screen protector is going to survive almost 2 months in a postal system, its basically guaranteed to arrive broken.

soultron

Banned
OZRLY screen protector was easy to put on but I have to say that it's definitely a bit more snug when sliding into the dock now. Gonna give it a few days to see if this is a problem.

mdubs

Banned
OZRLY screen protector was easy to put on but I have to say that it's definitely a bit more snug when sliding into the dock now. Gonna give it a few days to see if this is a problem.

Mine seems snugger, but in a good way where it doesn't feel like it wiggles around as much in the dock anymore

Kiro

My PS4 shoulders are sticking (they are not rebounding back up, so my R2 is permanently held unless I manually pull it back up). Does anyone know what I need to buy to fix this without getting a brand new controller?

Megasoum

Banned
Totally forgot to post my photo from the Switch midnight launch here in Montreal:

Probably could have gotten a better picture, but the line was pretty ridiculous (the EB Games is past the Jean Coutu). Never gone to a midnight launch before, and it was a pretty cool experience.

Ugh I hate going to the EB Games in general (and that one at Complexe Les Ailes is the one closest to my job)... Going during a midnight launch sounds like a terrible experience lol.

I was pretty lucky, I ended up showing to my local Walmart (in Lasalle) at like 7:15am on that Friday morning and got a Switch no problem. We were like 20 in lines by the time they opened at 8:00.

Kitsune86

Neo Member
x2 - gonna call my local EB to see if I can pickup my pre-order tomorrow night instead of Tuesday.

99.9% sure unless they're doing a midnight launch you're not going to get it. If street date is Tuesday they won't let you pick it up until Tuesday. Blowback and fines from publishers for breach can be HUGE

99.9% sure unless they're doing a midnight launch you're not going to get it. If street date is Tuesday they won't let you pick it up until Tuesday. Blowback and fines from publishers for breach can be HUGE

Even if the game unlocks at 9PM digitally and the store closes at 7PM?

Unless you know the people at EB really well, that's never going to happen.

I've heard of places letting pick it up the night before outside of midnight releases - so I figured it would be worth it to check.

Even if the game unlocks at 9PM digitally and the store closes at 7PM?

I've heard of places letting pick it up the night before outside of midnight releases - so I figured it would be worth it to check.

Would be absolutely amazed if you found any EB willing to do it (mom and pop store perhaps would). If management finds out those employees will be fired. Unless you have a friend who works there that doesn't care about his job, you'll be SOL.

Would be absolutely amazed if you found any EB willing to do it (mom and pop store perhaps would). If management finds out those employees will be fired. Unless you have a friend who works there that doesn't care about his job, you'll be SOL.

Point taken - thanks for the info.

Riptwo

My PS4 shoulders are sticking (they are not rebounding back up, so my R2 is permanently held unless I manually pull it back up). Does anyone know what I need to buy to fix this without getting a brand new controller?
It's usually because the small spring in the button has become displaced. I've fixed a few controllers with this issue, and usually it's easy enough to just take apart and re-seat the spring. If the spring is wrecked, you can order sets from eBay (sometimes including new shoulder buttons) for a few bucks. I make sure that I always have some on hand, because I was having to go through this process way too often during my Destiny raiding days.

The manager at my local place has said in the past in general fines can run up to $1k per copy and immediate dismissal of the relevant staff.

evanmisha

I meant tomorrow as in the 5th. 😅 What are the odds Take My Heart editions will be available for walk-ins? Anyone know if stores are getting any extras?

The manager at my local place has said in the past in general fines can run up to $1k per copy and immediate dismissal of the relevant staff.

Damn, that's pretty massive - those people in NYC & Florida must really not care about that stuff then. (Or does it not affect smaller stores as much as places like EB/Gamestop?)

Ugh I hate going to the EB Games in general (and that one at Complexe Les Ailes is the one closest to my job)... Going during a midnight launch sounds like a terrible experience lol.

I was pretty lucky, I ended up showing to my local Walmart (in Lasalle) at like 7:15am on that Friday morning and got a Switch no problem. We were like 20 in lines by the time they opened at 8:00.

I don't frequent the area much so I'm not too sure about the general vibe of the place, though it does seem to always be packed.

I actually had a pre-order on its way from Amazon, but I was in the area at the time and decided to hang out in line with a friend who was picking one up so I could experience a midnight launch. They're way more enjoyable when there's no stress and you can leave whenever you want.

Smo21

So Amazon tried to charge my out of date payment method that I can't change for persona so they have my copy. Now I need to get them to change it before they sell my copy off

Amazon support rep last night was adamant I'll get my P5 TYH Edition on time, and was apparently unable to upgrade my shipping speed without resetting the preorder queue.

Still hasn't shipped, says it will arrive tomorrow before 8pm.

Guess we'll see.

Lothars

Amazon support rep last night was adamant I'll get my P5 TYH Edition on time, and was apparently unable to upgrade my shipping speed without resetting the preorder queue.

Still hasn't shipped, says it will arrive tomorrow before 8pm.

Guess we'll see.
I have the same issue and just talked to customer support who said my order has technical problems so we will see if mine ships but it does still say tomorrow by 8 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom