• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalius

Amazon support rep last night was adamant I'll get my P5 TYH Edition on time, and was apparently unable to upgrade my shipping speed without resetting the preorder queue.

Still hasn't shipped, says it will arrive tomorrow before 8pm.

Guess we'll see.

I'm in the same boat - arriving by tomorrow at 8pm, still no progress. Haven't tried emailing CS yet, I'm just hoping it goes out in the next few hours.

Are those of you who haven't seen movement on shipping in a major metropolitan area?

That's par for the course in Toronto.

Windam

Scaley member
Are those of you who haven't seen movement on shipping in a major metropolitan area?

That's par for the course in Toronto.

Yup. I can echo this statement. My Amazon preorders usually ship at like 9pm the night before release day and arrive around noon. Sometimes they don't ship til release day and they use their own delivery service or (worse) Dynamex for same-day delivery.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Persona 5 getting delivered today for me, Amazon actually doing better than just following through :)

chimster

Did ebgames really run of our preorders for Destiny 2 limited edition already? Not available online and some people have been saying they were not accepting anymore pre-orders in store.

Amazon support rep last night was adamant I'll get my P5 TYH Edition on time, and was apparently unable to upgrade my shipping speed without resetting the preorder queue.

Still hasn't shipped, says it will arrive tomorrow before 8pm.

Guess we'll see.

Didnt this thread already establish that there is no preorder queue? Or did I imagine that?

They send out by distance from distribution centres first.

It's possible that preorder queue is secondary to that.

Thing is, the rep I talked to said that if they changed the shipping speed, they could not guarantee me a product as it's "on first come first serve basis."

Isn't that a queue?

EDIT: ninjad.

sikkinixx

I'm in the tri-cities, so not really metropolitan. (Close to Vancouver though.)

*internet fist bump* a fellow tri-city'er

I've always got everything from Amazon on release day, lately from Uncharted 4 (actually that was 6 days early) to Horizon to the Switch. They often mail it out the day of release.

Mupod

So I have an old amazon preorder that included Zelda and Persona 5...I had to update the credit card on it last year as my old one expired. But Zelda shipped just fine a few weeks ago, which is why I was surprised to see it complaining about needing revised payment to ship Persona this morning. I talked to CS and updated it, changed to shipping soon with an estimate of April 11...what?

And now I can't check my orders at all, nothing is showing up and it's saying there's a problem displaying them. You're killin me Smalls. Edit: fixed itself I guess.

jokkir

Oh dammit. I accidentally cancelled my Prime membership on my Student account so I lost my free trial on Prime. Any way to get it back on the trial without paying the 39$/year?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh dammit. I accidentally cancelled my Prime membership on my Student account so I lost my free trial on Prime. Any way to get it back on the trial without paying the 39$/year?
I was told that once a trial is cancelled, they have no way of reactivating it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Same. That's all I needed to see. Back to work with me!
Now it's "shipping now". All these years waiting for more Persona and it's finally hapening 😮

After this, the only order I'll have left with Amazon is my $11 Fractured But Whole. End of an era.

SickBoy

Anyone else have their dirt-cheap Amazon Lego City Undercover cancelled? I was wondering when it was going to ship and discovered today it was cancelled.

I had been thinking about cancelling it myself, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Can't see any emails indicating that I'd done it.

So I've joined NeoGaf on 07-14-2015. I have made over 200 posts, but I still don't have the right to post new threads in the forum. Is that normal?

mdubs

Banned
Anyone else have their dirt-cheap Amazon Lego City Undercover cancelled? I was wondering when it was going to ship and discovered today it was cancelled.

I had been thinking about cancelling it myself, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Can't see any emails indicating that I'd done it.
Mine is preparing for shipment, hmm.

Brought a bunch of games in to EB to trade, and they wouldn't take NBA 2K15 even though they have the promotion where you supposedly get $10 for any PS4 game. Anybody else have something like this happen?

Brought a bunch of games in to EB to trade, and they wouldn't take NBA 2K15 even though they have the promotion where you supposedly get $10 for any PS4 game. Anybody else have something like this happen?

They don't take older sports games anymore.

And I've noticed(on one of their recent tweets) that the 10$ minimum promo is now "For a limited time".

Smo21

Amazon can't change my payment method for persona tyh and I can't either. Guy on the phone said I'll be put to the bottom of the que, so I guess they fucked me over. This is ridiculous. I changed it months ago

Edit stupid phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom