• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great to hear - thanks for the input!

I've already checked all my planned transactions with a rep through their support chat line and they cleared all of them. ($4000 Account Minimum to avoid fees, Government GST Credit as a recurring Direct Deposit, and a simple $50 Credit Card Bill Payment = All Cleared to meet the requirements)

As for the actual offer payment itself, when did you receive yours after meeting the requirements? Did it take the full 8 weeks, or was it shorter?

Sorry, I'm not really sure where to even count meeting the requirements because I ended up just taking a 'throw the kitchen sink' approach eventually with a bunch of different DDs and PADs just to be absolutely sure I got it. In the end it was actually about 12 weeks but again, not sure how long it was until I had met the requirements truly.

Wasp14

Really surprised I managed to sell ARMS on Kijiji for $60 (what I was asking). Can now put the money towards Splatoon 2.

Did Amazon end up honouring the $54 double stack discount price for those of you who ordered ARMS? Or did they adjust it? I’m curious if the price will stay for Splatoon 2.

Really surprised I managed to sell ARMS on Kijiji for $60 (what I was asking). Can now put the money towards Splatoon 2.

Did Amazon end up honouring the $54 double stack discount price for those of you who ordered ARMS? Or did they adjust it? I’m curious if the price will stay for Splatoon 2.

Yeah they did. Looks like they'll be doing it for all of those games going forth!

jholmes

Just to make 300% sure before I take the plunge on the new TD $300 deal.... has anyone here ever closed a banking/chequing account with TD Canada Trust? If so, were you charged any fees for doing so?

How was the experience overall?

Last year, I emptied out basically all of my TD accounts (I left the RRSP for now to accrue interest) when I switched to Tangerine. They told me I could just keep the accounts empty and there would be no problem, then I turn around and my empty shell of a savings account was taking on fees that nobody could explain the cause of. I moved all my money and auto withdrawls manually so there wasn't much they could do to be a pain in the ass and they still found a way. So when they tell you to just leave the accounts open anyway, be sure to close them.

So sorry guys. I'm a moron. In my head I was battling whether to get this or just Splatoon 2 when it comes out, and I guess I subconsciously decided to skip this and go for Splatoon 2 :p THIS DEAL IS FOR SPLATOON on the Wii U.

No grapes for me.

Is this the post that made you a non-junior? The irony.

CazTGG

Did Amazon end up honouring the $54 double stack discount price for those of you who ordered ARMS? Or did they adjust it? I'm curious if the price will stay for Splatoon 2.

Worked for me, so i'm hoping it works for Spla2n and all the other games I pre-ordered.

IMO Mr. Noodles is near bottom tier when it comes to instant ramen anyways. Buuuut they're still in business so I guess they got their fans.

Eh, you get what you pay for: It's pocket change filler that does adequate enough for a quarter. I've had worse (some revolting no name shrimp-flavored noodles) for the same price, personally.

Ventara

I just came out of a local ebgames at Morningside and 401 (Toronto) and they had 1 switch in stock. It closes in 30 minutes..

Oh snap! I've got a bunch of Switch credit there. Can't go there tonight, but gonna hope it's still there tomorrow so I can get it.

Nongshim spicy shin ramyun noodle soup is where it's truly at. (as far as instant ramen goes)
Fistbump! every so often I pick up a box of the spicy chicken variety and that is some good eats, slice a couple dill pickles, half a hard boiled egg and some decent deli meat and you have some B+ noms.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
No. Just give them a call that you want to change your payment method.

I spent like an hour on the phone with their customer service department. They changed the card associated to my account, but the preorders themselves are still linked to the old card, and apparently there's nothing they can do. Damnit... >_>

Has anyone actually managed to update their payment method on a Walmart preorder? It's crazy such a huge corporation cannot do something this simple...

jholmes

It was me! :|

Guys, I hear a PC Financial account along with a Tangerine CC is the move. Opinions?

The Tangerine MasterCard isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be, they halved all the cashback options. (Which is even worse when you consider that they were temporarily double when they started.) Can you still get the Amazon Visa?

I like Tangerine banking otherwise, but it sounds like PC is more or less similar.

SickBoy

If you do PC Financial, why wouldn't you just do CIBC that it's a direct affiliate of and have proper access to all of their ATMs and services?

Unless it's changed recently, PC Financial has always allowed clients to use CIBC-branded bank machines for free.

And I think the base answer to "why not CIBC," the answer is because you don't want to pay fees for the privilege of having an account that allows you to actually use it.

Lexxism

If you do PC Financial, why wouldn't you just do CIBC that it's a direct affiliate of and have proper access to all of their ATMs and services?
Because you don't need to pay any fees. That's why I have a PC + Tangerine accounts. They are very useful as I rarely use this counter for help. Always ABM + mobile app.

Ventara

Yay! Got a Switch at EB with my credit, so gonna return the one I got from Best Buy. If anyone's curious, ARMS trades in at $50 and Nier: Automata trades in at $30.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Got a Switch at EB with my credit, so gonna return the one I got from Best Buy. If anyone's curious, ARMS trades in at $50 and Nier: Automata trades in at $30.

Was it credit from the double-credit Switch promo earlier this year? I went back and tried to get a Pro Controller with that credit (I have a ton), and I was told it's only useable for preorders because I got extra credit through a promo. Maybe I'd get a different answer with a different employee?

Ventara

Was it credit from the double-credit Switch promo earlier this year? I went back and tried to get a Pro Controller with that credit (I have a ton), and I was told it's only useable for preorders because I got extra credit through a promo. Maybe I'd get a different answer with a different employee?

Yeah, it was. Let them know that that promo was for any Switch products, not just preorders. Though if they still say no, not sure if there's much to be done. The stores that I knew were unreasonably strict about this I ended up switching my Switch preorders to PS4 ones during the one-day double trade promo for anything (Zelda traded for $40, so I just got that and traded it right back).

Huh, just realized that my copy of Elite Dangerous hasn't shipped from Amazon and it's showing up as unavailable. Didn't it launch last week?

edit: And there's a $5 credit.

Is this still true and does it apply to all referrals?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387483

No referral links.

E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.

ObscureMotives

Neo Member
Yeah, it was. Let them know that that promo was for any Switch products, not just preorders. Though if they still say no, not sure if there's much to be done. The stores that I knew were unreasonably strict about this I ended up switching my Switch preorders to PS4 ones during the one-day double trade promo for anything (Zelda traded for $40, so I just got that and traded it right back).

When I did this back in May I got a lot of grief from the store manager about "cancelling too many promo preorders". He did eventually do it, be he was such an asshole about it that I'll never do business at that location again.

zroid

Banned
Picked up 40 chicken nuggets from BK on my way home this afternoon. Feels good man.

no they weren't just for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom