• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
wait you guys got your 15$ code?

I bought like 2 years of psn+ and like 20$ in games to make sure I was over 100 and i didnt get anything yet...

deal

First 4 Figure's Link figure is on Amazon .com for $50US plus shipping and taxes. Vs. bestbuy .ca's $120 Canadian and taxes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H47W6K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

811A56xM3BL._SL1500_.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
wait you guys got your 15$ code?

I bought like 2 years of psn+ and like 20$ in games to make sure I was over 100 and i didnt get anything yet...
If your purchases were during the promo then you should have the code in a message from PSN on your console.

Firestorm

15% off everything ending in .x9 at Toys R Us using coupon 15OFF. No consoles included but works on accessories including the Switch Pro Controller.

khaaan

Guys, what's the cheapest way to get FFXII? Preferably steelbook... :-(

I'm not even sure if the steelbook is available anymore. Best Buy and Amazon are both showing it as out of stock. I don't see any deals on the regular version either, it is priced at $65 so there's that but unless you have some gift cards or something you might be out of luck. I'm pretty sure it'll drop in price quickly though.

Thanks. Tempted to get the Last Guardian. I am not in a hurry though, you think it will hit cheaper soon?

As much as I don't want to discourage someone from buying TLG, as it's one of my all time favorites, $49 is steep given that it's been out for so long.

Best Buy had it for $29 at one point, EB has used ones for $35, and PSN store had it last week for $29 (or $32? Can't recall).

It's due for a permanent drop to $29 shortly.

As much as I don't want to discourage someone from buying TLG, as it's one of my all time favorites, $49 is steep given that it's been out for so long.

Best Buy had it for $29 at one point, EB has used ones for $35, and PSN store had it last week for $29 (or $32? Can't recall).

It's due for a permanent drop to $29 shortly.

Thanks, I think you're right. Hmm, anything else worth getting 15% off on :D

Animal

Banned
So how reliable is amazon with release day shipping?

I am not sure any answer can affect my burning hatred for EB and amazon's discounts :|

True Fire

I am not sure any answer can affect my burning hatred for EB and amazon's discounts :|

They're pretty reliable, but when they aren't reliable it's infuriating. Friday releases are the bane of my existence.

If Amazon has guaranteed release date delivery, if they miss it, they usually provide some small compensation ($5-10). I usually find them really good with release date delivery where I live (GTA) when they've guaranteed it.

Animal

Banned
They're pretty reliable, but when they aren't reliable it's infuriating. Friday releases are the bane of my existence.

If Amazon has guaranteed release date delivery, if they miss it, they usually provide some small compensation ($5-10). I usually find them really good with release date delivery where I live (GTA) when they've guaranteed it.

So its weird because i click on their "same release day shipping" and they show me a list of games and after ordering a couple the estimated shipping is a range that is the week after the release. Do I need to specify a special shipping?

Since we're on the subject, could someone give me the coles notes version of why Mass Effect Andromeda is no good? All I heard about were some technical glitches, but there must be more to it than that?

I used to be a big fan of the series, but unfortunately Andromeda (among other things) fell victim to my general gaming malaise these last few years, so I never paid much attention to it. I probably won't play it anyway, just curious.

The 1st quarter of the game has some really bland stretches. The first 2 colonizable planets you reach are the most boring you'll see in the entire game.

Otherwise, it's fine. It's very much a 'last-gen BioWare' rpg though, if that makes sense.

Combat is excellent.

firelogic

RFD is reporting that PS Now is $99 for the entire year.

Anyone have any experience with this service? Game library looks huge.

It worked great for me when I tried it when it first launched. I tried games like God of War, one of the Ratchet & Clank games, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and a few others. All worked like a charm.

They have a 7 day free trial going so give it a test drive. Plus they just added PS4 games to the library.

MEA has had a lot of patches to fix things. Granted, it's not going to change the entire game but it might be a better experience now when compared to launch.

tsundoku

deal

First 4 Figure's Link figure is on Amazon .com for $50US plus shipping and taxes. Vs. bestbuy .ca's $120 Canadian and taxes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H47W6K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

811A56xM3BL._SL1500_.jpg
Everything they make is photoshopped to fuck like looking at an amiibo prototype Vs. the shipped plastic

WTF Amazon actually shipped $0 FF12? jesus

They full on cancelled mine due to "no stock" which it was a late order. But I doubt anyone who wants a legit steelbook will be getting one

zroid

Banned
BTW thanks to all for the replies re: Mass Effect. Too bad it turned out that way, but seems like there are still things to enjoy about it.

Corey31

Any deals on a PSN subscription? My shit just ran out.

Your best "deal" is to check your local gas stations and convenience stores gift card rack to see if they still have the $49.99 12 month cards out. Many stores still do despite the price going up a few months ago.

Failing that. Costco has them online for $66.99. Saving you $3 from the current $69.99 price. They email you the code digitally. No membership is required to buy from Costco.ca

https://costco.ca/PlayStation-Plus-12-month-membership---Electronic-Code.product.100146149.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom